PDA

View Full Version : V1 and licenses on 98 ECU?

LibertySyclone
October 9th, 2009, 06:16 AM
I saw this for V2 cables, but I have a V1 will it still give me unlimited licenses for 97/98 ecus?

Unlimited tuning licenses for the LS1A 97-98 GEN III PCM is free with any FlashScan V2 purchase.

If your FlashScan V2 does not have the LS1A stream activated, please "purchase" this product to receive your free LS1A activation code.

Thanks,

ScarabEpic22
October 9th, 2009, 09:35 AM
All 97-98 LS1 controllers should be free to tune with either EFILive cable IIRC, let me pull my V1 out and see what it says.

Blacky
October 9th, 2009, 10:14 AM
That is true. You can tune unlimited 97/98 LS1 PCMs with V1 and V2 cable. The part about "purchasing" just means to go here and "purchase" the LS1A stream. The cost is $0.
http://www.efilive.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_EFILive.tpl&product_id=25&category_id=4&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=56

Regards
Paul

Blacky
October 9th, 2009, 10:17 AM
I saw this for V2 cables, but I have a V1 will it still give me unlimited licenses for 97/98 ecus?

The V1 cables have the unlimited LS1A stream (i.e. 97/98 LS1) built in when they are manufactured.

Regards
Paul

ScarabEpic22
October 9th, 2009, 04:17 PM
The V1 cables have the unlimited LS1A stream (i.e. 97/98 LS1) built in when they are manufactured.

Regards
Paul

Thats what I thought, thanks for refreshing my memory Paul.

kainedogg
December 8th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Wish I had read this earlier.

Blacky
December 9th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Wish I had read this earlier.

How come, did you accidentally purchase a VIN license for a 97/98 LS1?

Regards
Paul

turbo_bu
December 10th, 2012, 06:13 AM
I'm sure it is just bad timing, but I also fell into the LS1A license issue about 3 weeks ago. I had heard that they were "free" but wasn't sure how it all worked. Luckily for the guy whose car I was doing, I had a couple extra licenses on my V2. That way I could still do his car. I figured at the time, that the V2 would just see it was an LS1A, and not use a license. Unfortunately, it appears that I didn't need to use any licenses, just upgrade my V2 with the LS1A stream. Lesson learned, but it would be nice to get that extra license back ...

Blacky
December 10th, 2012, 09:35 AM
I'm sure it is just bad timing, but I also fell into the LS1A license issue about 3 weeks ago. I had heard that they were "free" but wasn't sure how it all worked. Luckily for the guy whose car I was doing, I had a couple extra licenses on my V2. That way I could still do his car. I figured at the time, that the V2 would just see it was an LS1A, and not use a license. Unfortunately, it appears that I didn't need to use any licenses, just upgrade my V2 with the LS1A stream. Lesson learned, but it would be nice to get that extra license back ...

If you send me the tune (*.tun) file from that LS1A vehicle and the license backup file (*.lbu) file from your V2, then I can get the VIN license refunded or replaced whichever you prefer. Plus send you the activation code for the LS1A if you don't have that already.
Send the files to paul@efilive.com

Regards
Paul

tokymon
December 10th, 2012, 11:09 AM
is this the black box ( pick-up )files you're talking ? being free
0r the lt-1

Blacky
December 10th, 2012, 12:50 PM
0r the lt-1

The free license is a stream license for unlimited tuning of LS1A controllers (i.e. 97/98 F and Y body vehicles).
https://www.efilive.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_EFILive.tpl&product_id=25&category_id=4&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=54

Regards
Paul

ScarabEpic22
December 10th, 2012, 01:04 PM
The free license is a stream license for unlimited tuning of LS1A controllers (i.e. 97/98 F and Y body vehicles).
https://www.efilive.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_EFILive.tpl&product_id=25&category_id=4&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=54

Regards
Paul

0r the lt-1

Neither, just the 97-98 LS1A PCMs are free to tune. Nothing more, nothing less. Not Vortec BlackBox, LS1B 99-08, etc. EFILive doesnt support the LT1 as it isnt OBDII.

kainedogg
December 11th, 2012, 02:36 AM
How come, did you accidentally purchase a VIN license for a 97/98 LS1?

Regards
Paul

Actually no, I missed a deal on one for my '98 C5. Still trying to figure out the best way to go (Tuner wise) because I have 3 vehicles that are ls powered but only one has the '97-'98 PCM and it already has HP Tuners; but I plan to tune myself and have seen just how nasty EfilLive is on my buddys Duramax. Seemed like a great way to get into the Live game.