PDA

View Full Version : Issue selecting Modules with latest public beta

Brian1
October 10th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Ok from the Flashscan V2 connected to my Duramax LMM or powered off USB port I can not select F1 Select Modules. I press OK or F1 and nothing happens. But OK works on F2 Scan Tool if I scroll down and F1 button works there in that menu. So the buttons work.

I have redownloaded the latest public betas as of 10-10-2009.
EFILiveV7.5.6.99_Setup.exe
EFILiveV8.1.2.75_Setup.exe

I did a uninstall of both Apps which at the time was the same version as the ones I re-downloaded. I renamed the options.txt file so to get the generic one from the install. I installed both apps as normal.

Opened TuneAndScan app and formatted the config.
Then programmed with the default option.txt file.

Still can not access Select Module list.

Firmware is 2.06.16
Bootblock is 2.06.02

I have been doing the beta LMM/LBZ DSP2/DSP5 stuff plus the beta of current software.

Now it was working fine until I made a change to one of the module selections for black box logging. And that was with all the same versions of software.

I include current options.txt file copied back from the flashscan.
Also I see the tab in Black Box Logging setup under ScanAndTune app no longer has the box to select for the controllers it can read. Is the controller it can read automatic now so this option is not needed?

Thank you to all that help.
Brian

ScarabEpic22
October 10th, 2009, 10:26 AM
The BBR stuff is located in the S&T BBx app, look at the top left of the page. There will be 2 tabs, one for BBL and another for BBR.

Brian1
October 10th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Thank you. Hard to change and see what is there. But still not able to select a module to do stand-alone logging. All I did was alter the options.txt file from the black box logging file and then it no longer worked. Same for a default options.txt file.

Brian

ScarabEpic22
October 10th, 2009, 02:23 PM
So even if you completely remove/rename any options.txt files in the V8 folder in Program Data (vista/w7) or docs & settings (2000/xp) and have S&T make a new one for you it doesnt work?

Take this options.txt, remove all other ones from the folder and place this one in there. Open it with S&T and see if it works then flash it to your V2. Make sure you click the little arrow on the program button and select program everything (slower).

Brian1
October 10th, 2009, 03:38 PM
No luck using just that one doing slow programming like you said. Select Modules does not work on the Flashscan V2 to select the anything.

I ran into this on a previous update right before they switch to the Select Modules wording. To fix was create a new options.txt file because I guess the structure changed. Once I did that it worked fine till I altered one of the PID list and wote the new options.txt file to the flashscan through S&T app.

Brian1
October 10th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Ok I have it working now. I reinstalled the 2.06.16 firmware. It now is working fine. Seems like my last post gave me the idea that maybe firmware was corrupt since not able to read the pid list setup.

Reloaded my old options.txt file with the one PID i deleted before this whole mess started and it works perfect. I also have the BBR setup thanks to you. I wish I seen that tab up there. Just got use to the non public beta looks.

Thank you Erik. Have a good weekend.
Brian

ScarabEpic22
October 11th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Great to hear Brian, interesting to hear that the fw flash didnt work completely the first time but also that it didnt leave you with a bricked V2! Enjoy the last few hours of your weekend too!