PDA

View Full Version : Efi live and factory fast idle

maxxflip
October 11th, 2009, 03:23 AM
Whos got it? What OS is it ???
Since GM got rid of the elevated idle in cold climates :mad:
i need a way to keep the truck closer to operating temp that wont affect drivability

MMLMM
October 11th, 2009, 05:04 AM
I was running the 083 OS and I had it. Ill check today and see if its in my current OS that I switched to (the 94 os). I had start issues with the 083 os is why I had to switch to the current one.

maxxflip
October 11th, 2009, 05:23 AM
8594 is what im on and it doesnt have it that i know of unless there is a way to activate it. Im talking the one thats more like a PTO control ebrake on and you can bump it up with the set and resume buttons.Not the elevated idle.

LBZRCKS
October 11th, 2009, 03:00 PM
8594 is what im on and it doesnt have it that i know of unless there is a way to activate it. Im talking the one thats more like a PTO control ebrake on and you can bump it up with the set and resume buttons.Not the elevated idle.

You need to have the high idle option for that

maxxflip
October 12th, 2009, 04:13 AM
You need to have the high idle option for that

So ive found out just though maybe since a guy on the same OS 8594 as me
has both options on his so i though it might be in the OS and be able to be activated Guess not :doh2:

Brian1
October 12th, 2009, 07:08 AM
I say it is a BCM related item. Seems like I seen a post over at Diesel Forums. Found the post i was thinking of. http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8875
May give some light to you. so if you do the PTO deal it looks like a BCM programming will be needed. I have to say the cruise control idle deal as far as I can say is nothing but programming and why GM charges $200 for it I don't know. I guess they think they can but if enough figure it is a few simply on off statements then it be a bigger rip off than Windows OS.

Brian

maxxflip
October 12th, 2009, 03:12 PM
I say it is a BCM related item. Seems like I seen a post over at Diesel Forums. Found the post i was thinking of. http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8875
May give some light to you. so if you do the PTO deal it looks like a BCM programming will be needed. I have to say the cruise control idle deal as far as I can say is nothing but programming and why GM charges $200 for it I don't know. I guess they think they can but if enough figure it is a few simply on off statements then it be a bigger rip off than Windows OS.

Brian

Im talking to the dealer about it tomorrow

bballer182
October 14th, 2009, 11:33 AM
The PTO stuff for the LMM is extremely complicated as compared to the LBZ and LLY/LB7. If i remember correctly the control for the PTO is in the BCM AND you need the steering wheel controls for it as well, because i think it uses CANBUS to operate it... And i don't think it was ever and option for the 2500/3500 trucks. Just the 3600 (cab and chassis) and the 4500/5500 series trucks.

Another solution to your problem, though, is DSP2 or 5 just make a tune with elevated idle for one of the switch positions. LMM DSP is in beta right now and is probably going to be out for all OS's 2-3 weeks...

maxxflip
October 14th, 2009, 11:37 AM
It is in the BCM, havent had a chance to talk to the dealer yet about it
it is an opton on the 25/3500 There is an aftermarket controller out there
and im sure its not hard to build

bballer182
October 14th, 2009, 12:55 PM
It is in the BCM, havent had a chance to talk to the dealer yet about it
it is an opton on the 25/3500 There is an aftermarket controller out there
and im sure its not hard to build

Oh cool. I had just been doing a lot of reading and goin through wiring schematics and it looks really haggard to try to make something. I wouldn't doubt there is an aftermarket control for it that makes perfect sense but you still need the dealer flash to enable it.

maxxflip
October 15th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Oh cool. I had just been doing a lot of reading and goin through wiring schematics and it looks really haggard to try to make something. I wouldn't doubt there is an aftermarket control for it that makes perfect sense but you still need the dealer flash to enable it.

No dealer flash required its an inline module that sends a signal to the ecm just like the pedal does

bballer182
October 16th, 2009, 01:20 AM
No dealer flash required its an inline module that sends a signal to the ecm just like the pedal does

the aftermarket one? thats kinda slick

Brian1
October 16th, 2009, 05:08 PM
So what is the part number of the inline module?
Any wiring details or info to the pins it signals too?

Brian

bballer182
October 17th, 2009, 02:18 AM
So what is the part number of the inline module?
Any wiring details or info to the pins it signals too?

Brian

I would suppose it's just a box that intercepts the APP at the pedal, no ECM pins

maxxflip
October 17th, 2009, 01:05 PM
I would suppose it's just a box that intercepts the APP at the pedal, no ECM pins

You are correct $500 CDN
http://www.vmac.ca/file_manager/upload/m200008.pdf

MMLMM
October 17th, 2009, 01:17 PM
can someone get me a wiring diagram at the pedal connection?

I have came up with a few Ideas, and it would help a bunch. I could just go at it with a meter but I'd like to see a diagram.

maxxflip
October 17th, 2009, 01:50 PM
can someone get me a wiring diagram at the pedal connection?

I have came up with a few Ideas, and it would help a bunch. I could just go at it with a meter but I'd like to see a diagram.

Did you get the install info i sent you?