PDA

View Full Version : Having some issues with BBR. $0101:No Data Recieved

BlackGMC
October 15th, 2009, 12:28 PM
well i installed the latest pre release, updated the firm ware to the newest as described in the instructions. I was able to connect to my truck, (BTW it is an 04 GMC Sierra w/4.8, running COS3 04073003), it downloads just fine no errors. Then when i go to pull the tune off the V2, i get

$0101: No Data Recieved...

I have tried formating and reloading all the config files, creating new option.txt file,.... I choose the LS1B module...

Also the file itself shows to be 499k, instead of 726k like my regular files....

joecar
October 15th, 2009, 02:12 PM
You mean the file only partially uploads to your PC... (only 499K out of 726K)...?

BlackGMC
October 15th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Nope, i mean when i look at the EFI Explorer under the tune part it only show 499k. Then when i drag that file off the exploer is when i get the error

Blacky
October 15th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Before trying to drag the file from EFILive_Explorer to Windows Explorer, open the Trace window. To do that, click on the "drop down button" in the lower right corner of EFILive_Explorer and select "Hide/Display Trace Window". Then if the transfer fails, copy the data from that window to an email and paste it in this thread.

Regards
Paul

BlackGMC
October 15th, 2009, 02:23 PM
thanks Paul, i will do that in a little while or tomorrow morning. I am on my work laptop.

joecar
October 15th, 2009, 02:36 PM
This is the same as what I see on my MacBook running WinXP...

See attached files.

BlackGMC
October 15th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Here is my trace file and screen shot, notice the size of the tune, 499k, when my 04 truck tune is 726k

from trace:
AddSourceFile \EFILive\Tune\LS1_0004.ctd Size=510473
onGetStream: \EFILive\Tune\LS1_0004.ctd

Brian1
October 15th, 2009, 03:32 PM
You might get a new 2gig or smaller sd card and try again. Some sd cards just die.

Brian

BlackGMC
October 15th, 2009, 03:33 PM
it works fine for my logs

Blacky
October 15th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Here is my trace file and screen shot, notice the size of the tune, 499k, when my 04 truck tune is 726k

from trace:
AddSourceFile \EFILive\Tune\LS1_0004.ctd Size=510473
onGetStream: \EFILive\Tune\LS1_0004.ctd

With EFILive_Explorer running, before attempting to drag the file from EFILive to Windows, can you do this:
1. Open EFILive_Hapi (double click on the FlashScan icon in the system tray at the end of the Windows Task bar).
2. Select the F8: Trace option.
3. Click [Clear].
4. Drag the file from Explorer to Windows.
5. Click [Refresh] in the EFILive_Hapi Trace window.
6. Save the trace file (*.rtf) and attach it to this thread.

Regards
Paul

BlackGMC
October 15th, 2009, 04:00 PM
With EFILive_Explorer running, before attempting to drag the file from EFILive to Windows, can you do this:
1. Open EFILive_Hapi (double click on the FlashScan icon in the system tray at the end of the Windows Task bar).
2. Select the F8: Trace option.
3. Click [Clear].
4. Drag the file from Explorer to Windows.
5. Click [Refresh] in the EFILive_Hapi Trace window.
6. Save the trace file (*.rtf) and attach it to this thread.

Regards
Paul

I did exactly what you said, and nothing ever showed up in the trace window... I tried about 6 times, nothing ever showed up...

But

It did work once, the file came off the V2.... As you can see it is 499k, i opened it and saved it without changing anything and now it is 725.... BTW i had to zip the .ctd tune because it is an invalid file extension.

Thanks again for the help

Blacky
October 15th, 2009, 04:46 PM
I did exactly what you said, and nothing ever showed up in the trace window... I tried about 6 times, nothing ever showed up...

Sorry, I forgot to include this info...
You have to go into Trace->Settings and make sure the "Enable diagnostic tracing" option is checked. Its also good to have "Format trace data" checked as well.
Remember to turn it off again by unchecking "Enable diagnostic tracing" when you're done.

It did work once, the file came off the V2.... As you can see it is 499k, i opened it and saved it without changing anything and now it is 725.... BTW i had to zip the .ctd tune because it is an invalid file extension.

Thanks again for the help

I'll have to add *.ctd to the forum's list of file names. (also *.pdl which is the new V8 scan tool file name extension).

Try reformatting the SD card using FlashSan, if you have not done so already.

The *.ctd and *.tun file sizes are different because we use a better compression algorithm on the *.ctd files.

Regards
Paul

BlackGMC
October 16th, 2009, 01:47 AM
Sorry, I forgot to include this info...
You have to go into Trace->Settings and make sure the "Enable diagnostic tracing" option is checked. Its also good to have "Format trace data" checked as well.
Remember to turn it off again by unchecking "Enable diagnostic tracing" when you're done.

I'll have to add *.ctd to the forum's list of file names. (also *.pdl which is the new V8 scan tool file name extension).

Try reformatting the SD card using FlashSan, if you have not done so already.

The *.ctd and *.tun file sizes are different because we use a better compression algorithm on the *.ctd files.

Regards
Paul

OK i got it to work, thanks for helping me, and i did reformat the SD card and the flashscan.
Corey

BlackGMC
October 19th, 2009, 06:28 AM
Any updates on this, do you need anything else from me?

mr.prick
October 19th, 2009, 09:07 AM
$0101 No data received USB cable is faulty or not connected Check USB cables, plugs and connections.
Try using a different USB port and/or different USB cable.

Blacky
October 19th, 2009, 09:19 AM
You beat me to it. I was about to post the same thing. Also, try using a different laptop/PC.

The trace that you posted only shows me that the PC did not receive any data. The message it failed on was a read request for 16,000 bytes of data. It *may* be that somewhere in the USB driver stack (or USB hardware) on your PC it can't handle a buffer of that size (unlikely but possible).

So, one last thing to try is to increase the USB buffer size to 16,384. You can do that by starting EFILive_Explorer (with FlashSan NOT connected) and opening the EFILive Control Panel by clicking on the FlashScan icon in the system tray at the end of the Windows task bar.
In the EFILive control Panel, select F3: Settings, and change the Buffer size to 16,384, then click [Apply]. Select F2: Connections, connect FlashScan ad click [Status].
Then go back to EFILive_Explorer and try copying the file again.

As a last resort, try using a self powered* USB hub (not a bus powered USB hub) connected between FlashScan and the PC. Some PC's have poor quality USB hardware and the external hub acts like a line filter to suppress noise that can otherwise cause the USB system to fail.

* FlashScan will not work with a bus powered USB hub, any USB hub that is used with FlashScan must be self powered.

Regards
Paul

BlackGMC
October 19th, 2009, 09:34 AM
thanks for the response guys, ya it is probably the damn USB port on my POS dell laptop. It sometimes gives me issues, i will try a different port on the laptop tonight and report back.

Thanks again!

mr.prick
October 19th, 2009, 12:48 PM
I don't remember if the errors.pdf is included with the install or if
I snagged it here but here it is for anyone that doesn't have it.