PDA

View Full Version : help with trans tune

skycrane
October 15th, 2009, 04:02 PM
im having problems with the trans tune on my truck, would someone be able to look at the file, and see whats wrong with it.

the problem im having is in OD, if i pess on the gas just a bit more, the TC goes out of lockup and drops down into 3rd. and i have to almost take my foot off the accelerator to get it to go back in to OD.

its even worse if i am towing my boat. its about 12k lbs towing and it can not stay in OD, the TC never goes into lockup. when it goes into 3rd, the TC will lockup, but i can almost never get it to go into OD

i swaped the 5.7 for gms HT383-E, new gibson headers, and a 28gph spider assembly from westers garage, and ive swaped the diffs from 4.10 to 3.42

joecar
October 16th, 2009, 04:33 AM
Hi skycrane, welcome to the forum...:cheers:

Do you have any log files...?

What MPH does this happen at...?

skycrane
October 16th, 2009, 05:12 AM
no, i dont have any log files. i dont have an efilive, i got my tune done from justin at blackbearperformance, and he sent me the tune that we did while driving the truck.

i would say it happens any time over 50mph 2nd and 3rd shift feel fine to me, it will stay in gear and have anice crisp shift, but in OD is whare the problem is.

i got an email from justin saying that the shift tables might be a bit on the sensitive side.

joecar
October 16th, 2009, 05:16 AM
Have Justin go thru editing the 3->4 and 4->3 shift tables with you, he knows your tune, he'll get you fixed.