PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of Upgrading to Custom OS: what impact on stock tun

Earl H
October 20th, 2005, 11:29 PM
I am thinking of reflashing to custom operating system: 2/3Bar version. I'm not ready to retune, however you cant see the table values until you reflash into the pcm. If I reflash the OS and reinstall my original tune file and keep the stock map sensor, will the car still run as normal until I decide to start retuning for boost?

Application: '03 Z06 w/ Single Turbo (15psi).

VortechC5
October 20th, 2005, 11:57 PM
I asked a similar question and was told that the custom OSs will act like stock until you enable/utilize the new features. They will work fine with a stock tune as far as I know.

kbracing96
October 21st, 2005, 05:04 AM
I am thinking of reflashing to custom operating system: 2/3Bar version. I'm not ready to retune, however you cant see the table values until you reflash into the pcm. If I reflash the OS and reinstall my original tune file and keep the stock map sensor, will the car still run as normal until I decide to start retuning for boost?

Application: '03 Z06 w/ Single Turbo (15psi).

That's what I did, only at the same time I set up up to use semi open loop to control the fuel (so I could play with lean cruise :wink: ) . Had to make a few miner adjustment per the COS documents, but it runs fine with the new OS on the same tune as before.. I'm a still using the 1 bar map and using PE to add fuel for boost, but that going to change here real soon.