PDA

View Full Version : Need 1998 S-10 4.3 PCM Pinout

GAMEOVER
October 19th, 2009, 02:45 AM
Gonna try out the 0411 PCM with my S-10. Can someone share the pinout for a 1998 s-10 4.3 V6 Big Black Box PCM.....:grin:

GAMEOVER
October 19th, 2009, 12:09 PM
So, can I use a V8 pinout?

Lextech
October 19th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Give me your E-Mail address and I will send you the wiring file.

Jeff

mr.prick
October 19th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Why not post it?

Lextech
October 19th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Why not post it?
That is a very good question. I have given out 3 V-6 Black Box to 12200411 PCM wiring files and NOONE gotten back to me on the "Correctness" of the file. I don't want it posted until it is verified as correct. I am not a GM tech or a business, just a guy who likes to mess around in the garage when I get home from work when I get the chance. I really don't want to post up something that is unverified.

Jeff

mr.prick
October 19th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Ahh.
I thought you meant the Black Box's pinout.
If the Black Boxes are all the same like the 411's are it should be easy.

Aloicious
October 20th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Ahh.
I thought you meant the Black Box's pinout.
If the Black Boxes are all the same like the 411's are it should be easy.

I may be mistaken, but I don't think Jeff has a v6 to verify anything on. so thats why he's looking for some feedback on his wiring file. its strange with the blackboxes too, because they were some of the first OBDII PCM's there were alot of changes year to year, even mid-year changes. so its not as cut and dry as the 411.

scuzz
October 22nd, 2009, 12:28 PM
Gonna try out the 0411 PCM with my S-10. Can someone share the pinout for a 1998 s-10 4.3 V6 Big Black Box PCM.....:grin:

I can do a Mitchell wiring printout and scan it to a pdf if that would help.

GAMEOVER
October 22nd, 2009, 07:22 PM
That would be cool!

scuzz
October 23rd, 2009, 01:45 AM
I'll try to get done this weekend.
I can print out today at shop, and try to scan tomorrow at home.
Ron

A Low Dime
October 25th, 2009, 05:10 AM
That is a very good question. I have given out 3 V-6 Black Box to 12200411 PCM wiring files and NOONE gotten back to me on the "Correctness" of the file. I don't want it posted until it is verified as correct. I am not a GM tech or a business, just a guy who likes to mess around in the garage when I get home from work when I get the chance. I really don't want to post up something that is unverified.

Jeff

I am one of those that you gave the diagram to. I am double checking it right now with a print out a buddy got me from all data for an 01' S10. The printout he gave me shows PCM 12191110, not 0411 like the 01' should be. First I thought it must be a 4 cylinder diagram, but it shows 5 and 6 injector controls. I'll try and let you know what I find out about the pinouts matching.

scuzz
October 25th, 2009, 06:48 AM
That would be cool!

My PC with the scanner took a dump last night and I've got to get another motherboard.
If you want me to mail pinout to you, PM me address, and I'll get it out in the morning.
It might be a couple days before I get board changed.
I've been gone to convention all last week, and will be covered up this week.
Ron

ScarabEpic22
October 25th, 2009, 09:35 AM
I can probably pull the diags off TechLine if anyone wants to double check them from there too.

Lextech
October 25th, 2009, 09:48 AM
I have been out of town. All of my wiring info is at home. I let "Gameover" know I wouldn't be able to send him the wiring file until Tuesday (2 more days) He WILL get the file on Tuesday.

Jeff

scuzz
October 27th, 2009, 12:27 PM
I hope these 4 pages get to message.
I got PC back up tonight, but couldn't get scanner to combine all 4 pages into one pdf.

overS10ded
October 27th, 2009, 02:31 PM

Jeff

Sorry Jeff if I dropped the ball, I thought we had validated my '96 4.3 to '0411 but not on here. I will thank you once again....actually a MILLION for your help and time that you have spent. If you need anything, I will be back in the states after Nov 3, 09 where my files and your spreadsheets are located. The 96, 97, and 98 seem to have small differences from what we were experiencing. I will be more than happy to help out in verifying your pinnouts where I can.

I drove on the conversion accross 5 states for 1,500 miles with great results...just have the KS code and will swap out the sensor as the '96 type needs to be swapped for the '01 type. It should run better still after that.

I'm coming back to finish up my project and install the marine manifold and Procharger S/C w/ intercooler in the month that I'll be back.

Good times!

Bruce

Lextech
October 27th, 2009, 03:02 PM
There are 3 different V-6 S10 versions that I have. I Emailed "Gameover" the 98 version this afternoon.

Jeff

Lextech
October 28th, 2009, 02:45 AM
Hey Bruce,
You didn't drop the ball. You helped out with good feedback on the 96 file. The 96 S10 file should be correct. I don't think I have given out a file for the 97 S10. This is the 4th 98-2000 S10 file to be given out.
I think it is correct, but "Gameover" is proofing it when he does his PCM swap.

Jeff

GAMEOVER
December 13th, 2009, 05:55 PM
Jeff,
I finally finished up the PCM swap and everything was perfect, all wiring & info was exact match...:thumb_yello: Truck started right up, no problems....
Ill have time tomorrow to do AutoVE and play with it somemore....

Many thanks Jeff!!!...:D:D:D

Let me know if you need any feedback from me...

joecar
December 13th, 2009, 08:00 PM
Good job...:cheers:

GAMEOVER
December 26th, 2009, 02:42 PM
The only thing that I'm having trouble with is controlling my E-Fans. They will not turn off.... They stay on at startup... Same problem I'm having in this thread with a 2000 Silverado that I added E-fans to....:http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=12607

GAMEOVER
December 26th, 2009, 02:45 PM
I think is has to do with the EGR, or AC... Something in the PCM or tune is turning ON(triggering fan relay) the fans at start-up... IDK...:confused:

GAMEOVER
December 29th, 2009, 05:43 AM
Well I give up on this PCM controlling the e-fan.... I've never had a problem when swapping LS motors into different vehicles, fans always turn On & OFF like they should...
Controlling the e-fan's is only for motor swaps...:)

Aloicious
December 29th, 2009, 05:45 AM
Well I give up on this PCM controlling the e-fan.... I've never had a problem when swapping LS motors into different vehicles, fans always turn On & OFF like they should...
Controlling the e-fan's is only for motor swaps...:)

thats nuts man. I don't know what to tell you. mine doesn't have any issues and I'm not running an LS motor. I guess you could just get a fan controller and forget using the PCM.

GAMEOVER
December 29th, 2009, 05:57 AM
thats nuts man. I don't know what to tell you. mine doesn't have any issues and I'm not running an LS motor. I guess you could just get a fan controller and forget using the PCM.

Are you running egr, air pump or any emissions equipment thru the PCM? I think one of those might be my problem...

GAMEOVER
December 29th, 2009, 06:00 AM
Every other time that the E-fan's worked properly thru the PCM was when I removed all emission and AC wiring from the PCM

Aloicious
December 29th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Are you running egr, air pump or any emissions equipment thru the PCM? I think one of those might be my problem...

yeah I ran EGR for a while with it. not currently but I have ran it with the efan on before. I don't have an AIR pump so that may be something.

Aloicious
December 29th, 2009, 10:32 AM
I did find something with your AC control settings that may be causing the problem though...at least from looking at your posted 2000 silverado tune.

try changing {G0106} from "auto recirculation" to "fan #2 control"

that is a dual purpose A/C and fan controled pin.

GAMEOVER
December 29th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Yeah I already tried, on the 2000 Silverado & my S-10, tried setting to "fan #2 control" and then set to "auto recirculation" neither setting's made a difference... I'm gonna remove the pins for the EGR, Air Pump & AC one by one to & check & see if one of those is causing the problem...

GAMEOVER
December 30th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Yes I finally got it to work...:) I had to disable EGR, Air Pump, All EVAP System and I had to disable all AC inputs(physically removing pins from PCM and changing DTC enablers to "NOT REPORTED"... Now I have to find out which input or input's were causing the problem!!!

Aloicious
December 30th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Yes I finally got it to work...:) I had to disable EGR, Air Pump, All EVAP System and I had to disable all AC inputs(physically removing pins from PCM and changing DTC enablers to "NOT REPORTED"... Now I have to find out which input or input's were causing the problem!!!

its something on those circuits. good job, just gotta narrow it down now :grin:.

I'd venture a guess at the Air pump. I've had my fans working and running correctly with enabled and working EGR, EVAP, and AC. but I've never had an air pump. so that may be a good place to look.

pullincrazy88
December 30th, 2009, 04:36 PM
this is very late post but if you have any mechanical ability and a little common sense you can get there with lextech's layout. He is a intelligent individual and has my full support with the work he has accomplished

GAMEOVER
January 2nd, 2010, 11:02 AM
this is very late post but if you have any mechanical ability and a little common sense you can get there with lextech's layout. He is a intelligent individual and has my full support with the work he has accomplished

If you read the whole thread, you would see that I'm using Lextech's schematic or layout...Vortec 4.3 V6 BlackBox to 0411 PCM 4.3 V6. He has my full support also...:D

I re-installed all the A/C pins to the PCM one by one and everything works....Fan turns ON/OFF like it's suppose to!