PDA

View Full Version : P12 no read

Chevy366
October 19th, 2009, 05:00 AM
I started this as a separate thread of it's own .
Tried reading a P12 3 times with "fast" read , no luck , sent 3 .blx files to support , then did a "snail mode" read (fast read , unchecked) , stopped reading data as well (184k of 1mb , 11:08 timer) , sent 2 .blx files to support .
Using latest firmware and software for V2 .

Blacky
October 19th, 2009, 09:29 AM
I have your files, I can see the fault occurring in the trace files. It is still under investigation. i.e. I'm still trying to reproduce the same fault here so that we can figure out what is causing it.

Meanwhile check out my post here: http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?p=106888#post106888 (Post #16)
It is also relevant to your situation.

Regards
Paul

Chevy366
October 20th, 2009, 10:56 AM
I have your files, I can see the fault occurring in the trace files. It is still under investigation. i.e. I'm still trying to reproduce the same fault here so that we can figure out what is causing it.

Meanwhile check out my post here: http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?p=106888#post106888 (Post #16)

Regards
Paul
If you need something more let me know .
Response to Above link :
Hmmm , I have only had 2 Notebooks with EFILive on them , well 2 portables that are used for tuning , and the current one has been used to read the same PCM with the same cable and the same USB port .
I will try the tweak and see but I kind of doubt the USB stuff is it seeing I can read the LS1B PCM fine with either Notebook or V2 BBR .
I was going to sign up for the Beta testing of the BBR but was going to be out of pocket for a couple of months and felt it would not have been very helpful in the testing stages .
Again Notebook reading failure , not V2 BBR . Have no problem with .ctd files .:grin:

Chevy366
October 26th, 2009, 10:17 AM

Regards
Paul
Got around to finally doing the USB setting , will try on TB when it comes in for a landing today .
Is there a reason why it is set to the lower setting ?

Blacky
October 26th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Got around to finally doing the USB setting , will try on TB when it comes in for a landing today .
Is there a reason why it is set to the lower setting ?

No reason, that's just the default. Increasing the buffer will not "solve" the problem, however it may allow the underlying drivers to cope better with whatever is causing the problem by giving the drivers more room to store incoming data and therefor more time to deal with the actual problem.

I have heard from others that read/flash P12s that you may need to pull the fuse on the BCM (Body Control Module) to prevent it from interfering.

Regards
Paul

Chevy366
October 26th, 2009, 04:27 PM
No reason, that's just the default. Increasing the buffer will not "solve" the problem, however it may allow the underlying drivers to cope better with whatever is causing the problem by giving the drivers more room to store incoming data and therefor more time to deal with the actual problem.

I have heard from others that read/flash P12s that you may need to pull the fuse on the BCM (Body Control Module) to prevent it from interfering.

Regards
Paul
Okay , will try the BCM trick and see .

Thanks

Chevy366
October 29th, 2009, 05:19 AM

Regards
Paul
Okay , tried with BCM fuse out , no such luck , still the same thing , no 'fast read' or 'snail mode' either .
Any other ideas ?
Just to make sure which of the 5 BCM fuses did the person pull , outside , inside ?

GMPX
October 29th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Is this on the 2006 TB you have in your sig?

Chevy366
October 29th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Is this on the 2006 TB you have in your sig?
Yes , so I have access , well limited access to it .

JustinD
November 3rd, 2009, 03:45 PM
I tried again tonight, I checked to see if it was locked and it says it is. I dont think it has ever been flashed with EFI Live before. What should i do now?

Chevy366
November 4th, 2009, 06:16 AM
I tried again tonight, I checked to see if it was locked and it says it is. I dont think it has ever been flashed with EFI Live before. What should i do now?
That sucks , reading seems to be iffy right now with the P12 PCMs .
I have no problem flashing a P12 just reading them .
Did someone tune it with HPTuners or some other tuning suite ?
Have you tried flashing it or just reading ?
Try doing a calibration only flash .

JustinD
November 4th, 2009, 08:34 AM
I have just tried to read it, I want the stock file so I can save it if we ever have to go back to it. How do I do a calibration only flash?

It wasn't tuned. He bought it stock with 25,xxx miles on it, doesn't seem like anyone has ever played with it???

JustinD
November 4th, 2009, 08:42 AM
Do I have to read the stock file first to see which OS it is running or are all 06 Trailblazers the same? I will try to flash the tune file right in but I don't want to lose the stock file.

Chevy366
November 4th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Do I have to read the stock file first to see which OS it is running or are all 06 Trailblazers the same? I will try to flash the tune file right in but I don't want to lose the stock file.

Hmmm , I have not played around with the reading part anymore , I really don't know which of the 5 BCM fuses to pull , I suppose I could pull all 5 and see what happened but not something I really want to do .
There is a stock file on Holdencrazy.com and I have one plus the TIF updated one . Yeah , the PCM should have the same OS in the 06 year 4.2L , unless it is the EXT and has the 5.3L , then it is probably different .
I see your point in wanting to be able to read the current tune off the PCM thought , I have not heard anything more from anyone . :angel_innocent:
I did pull 2 of the 5 fuses when I tried reading last time but it still failed , so don't know who said to pull the BCM fuse . :secret:

JustinD
November 4th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Yeah we tried the BCM fuses, there are a few of them we tried all of them and then 1 at a time, still get the same error messages.

Chevy366
November 5th, 2009, 04:50 AM
Yeah we tried the BCM fuses, there are a few of them we tried all of them and then 1 at a time, still get the same error messages.

I know you are , but are you selecting the Atlas PCM when trying to read ?

JustinD
November 5th, 2009, 04:57 AM
Yes P12 Atlas PCM on the drop down menu.

Blacky
November 8th, 2009, 02:23 PM
We are still investigating this issue.
Regards
Paul

Chevy366
November 9th, 2009, 05:16 AM
We are still investigating this issue.
Regards
Paul

Thanks for the reply .

JustinD
April 15th, 2010, 05:43 AM
Any more info on this?

ScarabEpic22
April 15th, 2010, 11:00 AM
I had an issue reading an 07 P12 around New Years, only had 1 shot at it so I forwarded the .blx and appropriate files to support. Seems I needed to pull the BCM fuse, Ill try it next time I see the truck.

JustinD
April 15th, 2010, 11:53 PM
Ok, thanks, I'll try my buddies truck again too.

JustinD
April 17th, 2010, 03:22 AM
I'm going to try today, I was having the same issues with my buddies 03 Dmax, EFI support helped me update yesterday.

Tordne
April 17th, 2010, 09:36 AM
Thought I recognized the handle from the other forum :). Do let us know if updating all software and firmware does resolve the issue.

JustinD
April 17th, 2010, 12:20 PM
I haven't tried the LB7 Duramax yet, but the Trailblazer (P12) seemed like it read it, then when it was finished it said bad bin file? It said it saved it to my computer to send it to EFI support, how do I do that?

I will try the Duramax and see how that goes.

Thanks for all your help.

Tordne
April 17th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Can you try reading the P12 again, and perhaps also using the slow speed mode (that will take a while to complete)?

If you need to send the file to support just email me at support@efilive.com. What will probably also be useful is the debug file (http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=111&Itemid=121). Please only send the single file that relates to the read attempt.

Chevy366
April 18th, 2010, 11:05 AM
Glad to see someone is back on the P12 stuff .
I have not tried lately will give one a try tomorrow and see what happens .

JustinD
April 19th, 2010, 11:23 PM
Still cannot flash the 03 Duramax, it says interface not detected, and then goes on to give mr the bootloader rejected message? I tried high speed and without, no luck, is it possible that this ECM is toast?

Blacky
April 20th, 2010, 08:03 AM
Still cannot flash the 03 Duramax, it says interface not detected, and then goes on to give mr the bootloader rejected message? I tried high speed and without, no luck, is it possible that this ECM is toast?
Can you read it? Technically there's no difference between executing the read boot loader and the write boot loader, so if the read boot loader works OK, then there's nothing wrong with the ECM.

If you want me to investigate it further, send me the blx file for the failed attempt.

Regards
Paul

JustinD
April 20th, 2010, 10:24 AM
It worked!!!

JustinD
April 20th, 2010, 10:30 AM
I need a stock tune file for the 7882 OS, I assume I can create a script from the file I want to try and run the script over the stock file.

JustinD
April 20th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Here is the stock file

Chevy366
April 20th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Just tried the P12 and was going to say it worked this time in fast read mode , no problem .
Glad we can read the P12s again . :)
I have a modified 7882 , it contains the TIS update for the 06 .
If you look there is a stock 06 TB 7882 here in this section.

JustinD
April 21st, 2010, 05:26 AM
So I can just flash this tune file into the truck?

ScarabEpic22
April 21st, 2010, 12:26 PM
You should be able to, then tune that.

Chevy366, any idea why your file has the Engine set to "25" whereas Justins and the 2 06 P12 files I have say "Inline 6"?

Chevy366
April 21st, 2010, 12:31 PM
So I can just flash this tune file into the truck?

I would do a full flash.

Chevy366
April 21st, 2010, 12:45 PM
You should be able to, then tune that.

Chevy366, any idea why your file has the Enhttp://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=11149gine set to "25" whereas Justins and the 2 06 P12 files I have say "Inline 6"?
Erik , GMPX gave me that file http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=11149 , am on cell posting hope the link works.

JustinD
April 21st, 2010, 12:45 PM
Ok, I think I know how, I did an LBZ Duramax from the stock OS to a DSP5 OS, same procedure?

Chevy366
April 21st, 2010, 12:53 PM
Ok, I think I know how, I did an LBZ Duramax from the stock OS to a DSP5 OS, same procedure?
Probably , not a calibration only flash, second option, full flash.
There , is not much changes in the 7882 but makes for better fuel economy .

JustinD
April 21st, 2010, 12:54 PM
Not sure I know how to do this.

Chevy366
April 21st, 2010, 01:01 PM
Not sure I know how to do this.

Tune tool window at top , green and two red icons, green is read PCM, first red icon is calibration only, the second red icon is full flash.
To see the full flash option you have to be plugged into the OBDII port.

JustinD
April 21st, 2010, 01:02 PM
Ok, thanks man, I'm gonna try tomorrow night, I'll keep you posted, Thanks again for all your help guys.

ScarabEpic22
April 21st, 2010, 04:07 PM
Its the same procedure as flashing a DSPx OS into a Dmax. Plug your V2 into the laptop first, then open the tune tool and press the BIG RED arrow.

Gil, I downloaded that file as well and have it saved on my laptop. Better economy huh? Might have to go through both files and see what the changes are.

Chevy366
April 21st, 2010, 06:15 PM
Its the same procedure as flashing a DSPx OS into a Dmax. Plug your V2 into the laptop first, then open the tune tool and press the BIG RED arrow.

Gil, I downloaded that file as well and have it saved on my laptop. Better economy huh? Might have to go through both files and see what the changes are.
Erik , itis just TC and a few other minor tweaks,look at a 440 file.
Adds 2to3 MPG easily.
Posted using a Droid and Swype.

ScarabEpic22
April 21st, 2010, 06:24 PM
Ah gotcha, Ive messed with TC settings a lot on my P10 and if nothing else it locks up firmer (almost another shift) and locks/unlocks quicker when it should.

JustinD
April 22nd, 2010, 01:59 AM

Thanks man, I'm gonna try it later tonight, I'll let you guys know.

Chevy366
April 22nd, 2010, 06:07 PM
Thanks man, I'm gonna try it later tonight, I'll let you guys know.

Just make sure it is a full flash or else you will not get the correct changes.

ScarabEpic22
April 22nd, 2010, 06:10 PM
Just make sure it is a full flash or else you will not get the correct changes.

EFILive wont let you cal flash that OS, it will throw an error message saying the OSs are different and reset the PCM. Good thing, otherwise people could mistakenly flash a cal in that doesnt match the OS! That would be horrible.

Chevy366
April 23rd, 2010, 07:26 AM
EFILive wont let you cal flash that OS, it will throw an error message saying the OSs are different and reset the PCM. Good thing, otherwise people could mistakenly flash a cal in that doesnt match the OS! That would be horrible.
Erik , he was talking of running a script , just wanted to make sure he didn't make a script off the 7882 and run it on a 440 then cal flash it , but I don't think that would work either , never tried .
Yep different OS will not allow cal flashes.
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=10173&highlight=Script

ScarabEpic22
April 23rd, 2010, 09:53 AM
You cant script other OSs because you cant compare them, however you can run a script on a different OS than it was created on. For example, I have a script for P10 tuning that I built using my 02 file as a base and have run the script on many 03/04/05 P10s.

JustinD
April 23rd, 2010, 10:20 AM
Getting Bootloader rejected message every time I try, I connected the scantool and it was connected and I was watching the data????????

This truck is driving me nuts!!!

ScarabEpic22
April 24th, 2010, 09:16 AM
You cant have the scan tool and try to flash at the same time...disconnect from the scan tool and close it. Then reopen the file and full flash it.

JustinD
April 24th, 2010, 11:35 AM
No, I didn't try to flash it while I was connected, I was just saying, the scantool worked ok, but it won't flash.

ScarabEpic22
April 24th, 2010, 01:03 PM
No, I didn't try to flash it while I was connected, I was just saying, the scantool worked ok, but it won't flash.

Ah gotcha, hmmm interesting. Have you rebooted the pc, connected the V2 to your laptop, then to the car, then opened up the tune file? Ive found on some 02-05 TBs they are very picky to the order everything is connected. Even sometimes my 02 is picky. The 08 is much more forgiving, no idea why.:confused:

JustinD
June 23rd, 2010, 01:43 AM
I got it to take it, what a nightmare, I did a full reflash and it got hung up half way through, it wouldn't start or take a flash after that, I took the neg terminal off and touched it to the pos terminal, also I had to remove the fuse for the tailgate module?? It worked but now I guess I have to have the crankshaft postion sensor re-learned??? Can I do it with EFI or do I need the Tech2??

ScarabEpic22
June 23rd, 2010, 08:54 AM
Interesting, you can do a CASE with EFILive but thats interesting it needs to be done. Not normally something that ever gets overwritten by a full flash, VIN and CASE usually stay untouched.

Use the scan tool, if you cant connect to DVTs using the P12 try using E40 stuff.

JustinD
June 26th, 2010, 01:14 AM
I reset it with the Tech 2 yesterday, its good now. We noticed in his original OS the oil change light never came on, with the updated OS it has a change oil light in the cluster now.