PDA

View Full Version : TCM dead after flash

minytrker
October 19th, 2009, 04:28 AM
On a 2009 G8, I flashed the TCM and it failed when finished. I tried several times to flash it and it would always fail. The car was undrivable and in the middle of no where. I unhooked the batt for a few mins and was able to reflash it. Im scared to reflash it again, what happen?

joecar
October 19th, 2009, 05:44 AM
Were you able to get vehicle driving again...?

GMPX
October 19th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Lorenz, are you using the latest release? We've had another complaint of this happening just recently.

Black02SS
October 19th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Subscribing....

Black02SS
October 19th, 2009, 01:01 PM
What did you change in the TCM file? Anything out of the ordinary?

minytrker
October 19th, 2009, 03:54 PM
Were you able to get vehicle driving again...?

yes only after unhooking the batt and reflashing the TCM

Lorenz, are you using the latest release? We've had another complaint of this happening just recently.

Yes, the latest. This is also the same G8 that says contact dealer when I plug into with it runing.

minytrker
October 19th, 2009, 03:56 PM
What did you change in the TCM file? Anything out of the ordinary?

No, just your normal basic trans tune without tq management. I was actually putting back my old tune I had in for the last couple thousand miles.

ringram
November 19th, 2009, 05:38 AM
Upgrade your firmware as well mate. I think that issue was resolved in newer firmware. Though maybe you have done that already..

minytrker
November 19th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Upgrade your firmware as well mate. I think that issue was resolved in newer firmware. Though maybe you have done that already..

Have the latest..........usually I update within a day or two of something new coming out.

Chuck CoW
November 22nd, 2009, 08:34 AM
So far, Ross seems to be the only person to have killed a T43 in the name of EFI LIve Tuning!:angel_innocent:

I've done evil things to T43s even including accidentally yanking the usb from the laptop in the middle of a TIS flash!

While I had a few scares, I've NEVER had one go south.

Shutting the battery off or grounding the positive bat cable (WITH THE POSITIVE CABLE DISCONNECTED FROM THE BATTERY) to the negative is all I've ever had to do.

Proceed as usual...It was likely a fluke and I wouldn't sweat it.

Chuck CoW

minytrker
November 22nd, 2009, 08:59 AM
So far, Ross seems to be the only person to have killed a T43 in the name of EFI LIve Tuning!:angel_innocent:

I've done evil things to T43s even including accidentally yanking the usb from the laptop in the middle of a TIS flash!

While I had a few scares, I've NEVER had one go south.

Shutting the battery off or grounding the positive bat cable (WITH THE POSITIVE CABLE DISCONNECTED FROM THE BATTERY) to the negative is all I've ever had to do.

Proceed as usual...It was likely a fluke and I wouldn't sweat it.

Chuck CoW

I agree, probably just a fluke. I have since flashed it several times and a few others with no problems. Still get a little nervous when doing it at the track though.

GMPX
November 22nd, 2009, 10:09 AM
This is true Chuck, in the name of full flash them, my bootloader code was wrong, it wiped the flash 100% then crashed.......doorstop.

We had a car over here in Australia recently refuse to be flashed, we got some before and after .tun files and it looks like the write simply missed a block of data. Seems very odd that it only happens on some cars every now and then. We are still looking in to it.

Cheers,
Ross

doubledip
November 22nd, 2009, 10:24 PM
Ross, When writing to these do you remove the comms fuse in the front left hand kick panel at all?

Blacky
December 4th, 2009, 06:21 AM
Ross, When writing to these do you remove the comms fuse in the front left hand kick panel at all?

I've never removed any fuses on a Holden when flashing the ECM (E38) or TCM (T43) and have never had a reflash problem.

I've tried hard to reproduce the T43 flashing problems that have been reported but cannot.

Regards
Paul

doubledip
December 4th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Ok Thanks for that... I know that Holden recommend you pull the 10A fuse for the SDM so it reduces the chatter on the line before flashing.

Blacky
December 4th, 2009, 11:52 AM
T43 reflash problem solved:
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?p=110114#post110114

Regards
Paul

ScarabEpic22
December 4th, 2009, 01:12 PM
Great to hear, know its been bugging a few people!

joecar
December 4th, 2009, 02:24 PM
:cheers: