PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Camaro Firmer Shifts

mirage
October 19th, 2009, 09:53 AM
This is my first post so please be gentle. I have a 2010 Camaro with the L99 block and 6 speed auto. I've read many posts on the board concerning getting rid of torque managment, increasing shift pressures, and reducing shift times. I've attempted to make some of these basic changes in small increments, but have been unsuccessful in firming up the shifts. Could someone post a quick how to or at least tell me where to begin and what values are within safe limits.

Thanks,

mirage
October 20th, 2009, 01:02 AM
So to help things along here are my current adjustments:

Desired Shift Times
D9005,D9035,D9065: Reduce to .3 from 4750 RPM - 6000+ RPM

Shift Pressure - Pattern B Base Upshift
D3030,D3033,D3036: Increase 10% on 1-2,2-3,3-4

Torque Limits
D9420: Increase 10% across gears 1-4

Engine RPM Pressure Limiter
Should I adjust D4004-D4007 ? up 10-15%?

What else to firm up the shifts at WOT?

gmh308
October 20th, 2009, 01:19 AM
This is my first post so please be gentle. I have a 2010 Camaro with the L99 block and 6 speed auto. I've read many posts on the board concerning getting rid of torque managment, increasing shift pressures, and reducing shift times. I've attempted to make some of these basic changes in small increments, but have been unsuccessful in firming up the shifts. Could someone post a quick how to or at least tell me where to begin and what values are within safe limits.

Thanks,

Where would you like to see improvements?

If you log shift times, torque, rpm, vss, ETC then you will have a perspective on where you dont like it, and where you can focus your efforts.

We leave TM on, reduce the base shift times a little, and mainly revise the torque/rpm shift time modifiers.

mirage
October 20th, 2009, 01:29 AM
I'm interested mainly in WOT. It just seems a little soft compared to my previous vehicle with a 4L60.

All of my base shift times (D9000,D9030,D9060) are 0.000 I have not modified this from the stock program should these be reduced?

In addition I will log some runs this afternoon to see where the car stands... Thanks..

gmh308
October 20th, 2009, 10:45 AM
I'm interested mainly in WOT. It just seems a little soft compared to my previous vehicle with a 4L60.

All of my base shift times (D9000,D9030,D9060) are 0.000 I have not modified this from the stock program should these be reduced?

In addition I will log some runs this afternoon to see where the car stands... Thanks..

Hi mirage. Yes you are right, for '10 Camaros the base times were set at zero and a lot more weighting is on the torque based times. GM seems to have gone for a simpler strategy on the later years.

You can try reducing these times (torque/rpm mod table D9005 etc) 10% at a time at the TQ/RPM area you are chasing, and consider increasing your pressure in the ~330ftlb column to match the top column. Do it seperately and then together to get the best feel for what makes the difference.

:)

mirage
October 20th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Hi mirage. Yes you are right, for '10 Camaros the base times were set at zero and a lot more weighting is on the torque based times. GM seems to have gone for a simpler strategy on the later years.

You can try reducing these times (torque/rpm mod table D9005 etc) 10% at a time at the TQ/RPM area you are chasing, and consider increasing your pressure in the ~330ftlb column to match the top column. Do it seperately and then together to get the best feel for what makes the difference.

:)

Excellent this seems to have made a significant difference. I will continue tweaking in this area, but it is almost exactly where I want it now. Thanks for the help guys!