PDA

View Full Version : 2004 trailblazer

driver456
October 19th, 2009, 11:08 AM
In the tune tool when you want to read a PCM.And it gives you a list of PCM's,Which one do I use for a 2004 Trailblazer V6..............Paul

ScarabEpic22
October 19th, 2009, 01:37 PM
Well you use the Inline 6 PCM because there was never a V6 motor offered in the TrailBlazer GMT360 platform.

I take it you havent tuned an I6 yet, they are a little different than a traditional V8 motor to tune as they have VVT on the exhaust side plus a PCM that is weird to work with compared to an LSx PCM. If you need a hand let me know.

driver456
October 20th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Well you use the Inline 6 PCM because there was never a V6 motor offered in the TrailBlazer GMT360 platform.

I take it you havent tuned an I6 yet, they are a little different than a traditional V8 motor to tune as they have VVT on the exhaust side plus a PCM that is weird to work with compared to an LSx PCM. If you need a hand let me know.

Hey Scarab,I didn't want to tune it,I just wanted to help a friend out so he could pass inspection if you know what I mean:music_whistling_1: Thanks the inline 6 did work though.If you have any tips on passing inspection let me know:grin:.................Paul

ScarabEpic22
October 20th, 2009, 01:54 PM
How so pass inspection? Is he getting DTC codes? As long as you're going in and flashing the codes area, might as well at least help him out on the trans settings and firm the shifts up and remove TM. Not a true tune but can be done in 1 flash and makes a big difference. BTW this is not what I do when I tune the I6 or any motor.

driver456
October 21st, 2009, 10:34 AM
OK I got everything worked out for him....Thanks again..............Paul