PDA

View Full Version : Can't log serial wideband anymore

white01ss
October 19th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Many months ago I converted to serial wideband with one of TAQ's wonderful cables. It worked flawlessly for months. Then today I was trying to scan and I could only get 25:1 AFR. The LC-1 gauge reads free air great from 20.8-20.9. The FlashScan V2 handheld displays the exact same W02 numbers as the gauge so the TAQ cable is working fine, but it's just not getting into the PC correctly.

The weird thing is that the sensor state (WO2ST1) still reads accurately. Like it shows the warm up cycle, and CAL when calibrating, but the AFR just stays maxed out.

WO2AFR1 - 25.0
W02LAM1 - 1.7x

Things I've tried so far...

Built a new PID set that just had WO2ST1, WO2AFR1, W02LAM1, and GM.TP, SAE.IAT. When I blip the throttle, GM.TP move appropriately. SAE.IAT read the correct temperature as well. Even with that small set of PIDs, AFR was still 25.0. :doh2:

The only thing I've done since it was last working was to use the spare license to put a tune on my brother's 2005 truck. I did do some scanning on his truck as well. Could that have hosed my serial scanning somehow?

Please if anyone has any ideas, please throw them out here!

Thanks,
Dan

joecar
October 19th, 2009, 08:09 PM
Hi Dan,

Which scantool/tunetool software build do you have...?

Also, which V2 bootloader/firmware...?

Do you have any screenshots of these scantool tabs: PIDs, Data, Dash B...?

Blacky
October 20th, 2009, 01:05 AM
Try upgrading to this pre-release version. A few bug fixes were done for serial PIDs in that update.
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=12014

Regards
Paul

white01ss
October 20th, 2009, 05:39 AM
Hi Dan,

Which scantool/tunetool software build do you have...?

Also, which V2 bootloader/firmware...?

Do you have any screenshots of these scantool tabs: PIDs, Data, Dash B...?

Thanks Joe.

Darn. Didn't think to get screen shots. My car is actually in the shop right now, so I won't have a chance to see it again until later in the week when it get's ready to leave.

I'm running the latest versions of everything. Tune/Scan 7.5.5(Build 88). Latest boot block 2.6.2 and firmware 2.6.12 (6/9/2009)

white01ss
October 20th, 2009, 05:44 AM
Try upgrading to this pre-release version. A few bug fixes were done for serial PIDs in that update.

Regards
Paul

Paul, I really appreciate the quick response! I will try it out and let you know if it fixes the problem.

BTW: I had to add 2003 to the setup.txt file in the installer to get it to install on my Windows Server 2003 machine at work.
SET_ALLOWED_OS(2000,XP,Vista,2003);

Best Wishes,
Dan

Blacky
October 20th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Paul, I really appreciate the quick response! I will try it out and let you know if it fixes the problem.

BTW: I had to add 2003 to the setup.txt file in the installer to get it to install on my Windows Server 2003 machine at work.
SET_ALLOWED_OS(2000,XP,Vista,2003);

Best Wishes,
Dan

Do you mean on the latest pre-release installer? Win2003 Server should be already included in the pre-release.

Regards
Paul

white01ss
October 20th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Do you mean on the latest pre-release installer? Win2003 Server should be already included in the pre-release.

Regards
Paul

No I haven't tried those out yet. I was installing 8.1.2.42 that I already had download at work so I could answer joe's questions about firmware and what not, then updated to build 58. I then downloaded the full build 58 after the fact and looks like it already allows 2003 installs. :rockon: I feel special, couldn't be that many folks that run EFILive on Windows Server 2003.

ScarabEpic22
October 20th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Also, 7.5.5 build 88 is old, latest is 7.5.6 build 99 and V8.1.2 build 75.

white01ss
October 27th, 2009, 07:24 AM

Regards
Paul

This pre-release version fixed my serial wideband problem. The upgrade process went over without a hitch as well. Thanks for all the hard work! :cheers:

Dan

white01ss
October 28th, 2009, 08:25 AM
ok, ive made some progress.. now when i enter /devmap mapname it loads for a second and throws me back to the main menu.
it seems to have found it, but it cant load it.. strange, huh?

Wrong thread?

joecar
October 28th, 2009, 09:39 AM
No, it looks like it was either a spam bot or a 9 year-old smart-ass... all of his replies were utter gibberish.