PDA

View Full Version : highlighting tables in SCAN & TUNE simultaneously

Boost
October 20th, 2009, 05:26 AM
Was wondering if one of you kind folks could guide me through how I can do this. Should be simple enough. Read this in a "Corvette Fever" article off the main site:

"When you open a stored data log and move the cursor to a position within the recorded chart, the "coordinates" of that point are highlighted on the relevant calibration data table and/or graph within the tuning program. As an example, if you move the cursor along a recorded data graph to a position where spark knock is indicated and then click over to the spark map in the tuning program, the cell that corresponds to the engine rpm and engine load, when the knock occurred, will be highlighted. The contents of that cell can then be changed to a lower value that will not precipitate spark knock.

Similarly, if you move the cursor to a position where excessive fuel trim is indicated, or where the wide-band O2 sensor indicates the actual and commanded AFR are off a good amount, the appropriate cell in the VE map is highlighted. It's also possible to "click and drag" across a data chart to highlight a range of data points. When you switch from the scanning to the tuning program, all the cells that relate to the data points on the graph are highlighted. This capability eliminates guess work as to which calibration values relate to actual operating conditions and greatly simplifies tuning."

THANKS! (I know the article pretty much describes what to do, just want to confirm that I need to have both programs open separately or there is a way to access TUNE from SCAN.)

joecar
October 20th, 2009, 09:37 AM
In the tunetool, go Edit->Properties->Scanner->PID data links and checkmark both items.

Boost
October 20th, 2009, 10:28 AM
I appreciate you taking the time to respond. I hope I can help in the future too, to ease the load on you guys that really know the inner workings of this black art of EFI tuning. Cheers!

ScarabEpic22
October 20th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Joe told me about this last year sometime, made it super nice to drive down the highway and see exactly what cells I was hitting!

Boost
October 21st, 2009, 05:04 AM
OK, checked both items. So I guess READ the calibration, then connect through SCAN and click back over to the TUNE window??

joecar
October 21st, 2009, 08:50 AM
OK, checked both items. So I guess READ the calibration, then connect through SCAN and click back over to the TUNE window??Save the calibration to a file.

Or open a log file, open the calibration (order doesn't matter)... look at table in tunetool...

You have to log the very same pids as mentioned on the calibration table axes...

and in the scantool PIDs tab you have to set the pid units to match the units used by the tunetool for that pid (on the axis) on that table.

Boost
October 26th, 2009, 06:40 AM
Got it, thanks!!!

Boost
April 1st, 2010, 06:03 AM
This is not working again. I got it to work once on a Tahoe and it was so nice. But now I am in an '06 HHR 2.4 with an E67. I saved the cal, and checked both items under edit/properties/scanner. I am connected and validated in the Scan Tool. Even tried opening a log file, and closing and re-opening the tune tool. It is not highlighting. What am I doing wrong, it must be something I am overlooking? Thanks!

joecar
April 1st, 2010, 06:18 AM
Check that the pids on the scantool Data tab have the same units as the tunetool table axis.

Also, make sure that the logged pids are identical to the link pids mentioned on the tunetool table axis.

Post some screenshots of:
- scantool Data tab,
- tunetool table.

ScarabEpic22
April 1st, 2010, 06:30 AM
Probably need to go into the C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Configuration and open the cal_link.txt file. You will need to add the proper cal linking tables, I went through and did it for the P10 PCM.

joecar
April 1st, 2010, 06:33 AM
Erik has a good point... you can add link pids to cal_link.txt by adding a comma in front of each new pid...

Add new link pids if it makes sense to do so.

joecar
April 1st, 2010, 06:44 AM
For example, in my cal_link.txt:

;Closed Loop Mode
B4107.ROW=SAE.MAF,GM.MAF,GM.DYNAIR

(all three of those pids have units g/s)

So I can log any of those 3 pids, and if the scantool Data tab shows the same units for those pids as the tunetool table axis (B4107 in this case), then you should see the linking cell/crosshairs (if enabled in the tunetool Edit->Properties dialog).

Note: if you hover the cursor over the tunetool table axis, you will see all the link pids for that table.

Boost
April 21st, 2010, 06:01 AM
There is nothing wrong with those replies but could someone be kind enough to post step by step instructions to set this up right... I'm feeling extra stupid today :(

Sorry, and thanks!

joecar
April 21st, 2010, 07:23 AM
A. In tunetool:
1. go Edit->Properties->Scanner->PID Data Links and checkmark both items.
2. go Edit->Configure Display Proprties, select all rows (ctrl-A), do rightclick->Metric, then click OK to exit.
3. close tunetool.

B. In scantool:
1. goto PIDS tab, select all rows (ctrl-A), do rightclick->Metric.
2. close scantool.

C. Adding extra links to a table
In cal_link.txt, if you want to add extra links to a table, edit the line for that table...

e.g. If you want to ass GM.DYNAIR to this:
B4107.ROW=SAE.MAF,GM.MAF

then add it like so:
B4107.ROW=SAE.MAF,GM.MAF,GM.DYNAIR

Use Notepad to do this.

Now, after capturing a log (containing some ink pids), open the log in the scantool, position the cursor on the chart, open the tunetool, go to that table, you should see the table axises highlighted to match the scantool pid values at the cursor.

sweetdiesel
June 1st, 2010, 03:30 PM
Im having a problom getting TLIQ on my diesel to highlight? It is not showing a highlighted cell

all my other tables seem to be working right, I switched them to metric in the scan tool and metric in the tune tule as Joe Car posted previous and still nothing?

any help would be appreciated.....perhaps i need to switch something for that certain pid?

Thanks Simon

joecar
June 1st, 2010, 04:19 PM
Which pid is it...?

And that pid is one of the axis's for which table (id)...?

Does that table id appear in the file cal_link.txt along with the pid name..?

Ira
June 1st, 2010, 07:05 PM
I think you also have to start one from the other. Start the scan tool and then start the tune tool from the Flashscan menu of the scan tool or vice versa. If you start them separately I don't think it will work.

Ira