PDA

View Full Version : '00 7.4 Silverado K2500

Stamm1
October 20th, 2009, 08:40 AM
I need some help getting more power from a '00 big block. My bro in law just bought one, he wants more power. But it has 188K on it. I was going to start with taking off torque managment and egr. I don't know how much timing or fuel I can run. Also, making the shifts firmer... I have looked @ some 6.0 tunes... Don't want to 411 this truck, too much work.

I own a Dmax, so gas tuning is foreign to me... I don't want to melt and spark knocked pistons...

Thanks

hquick
October 20th, 2009, 03:47 PM
I believe these motors really need a cam and heads to make any decent power.

Racehemi
October 22nd, 2009, 03:38 PM
Your gains will be very small compared to what you are used to seeing in the diesel world, lucky to get 10-15hp with a good tune. That motor could just about use larger injectors without any mods. IMO the 411 conversion is the only way to go. I just completed one and it is not too much work, simply swap the sires over and tune it. Hquick is correct however if you start playing with cams/heads/injectors the 411 swap is the only way to go for sure. Do you have a WBO2 sensor, if not get one you will need it.

I need some help getting more power from a '00 big block. My bro in law just bought one, he wants more power. But it has 188K on it. I was going to start with taking off torque managment and egr. I don't know how much timing or fuel I can run. Also, making the shifts firmer... I have looked @ some 6.0 tunes... Don't want to 411 this truck, too much work.

I own a Dmax, so gas tuning is foreign to me... I don't want to melt and spark knocked pistons...

Thanks