PDA

View Full Version : Stock LS1 with powerdyne 6 psi kit

hotrod
October 22nd, 2009, 06:04 PM
Ok a friend just bought a 01 SS bone stock with a powerdyne 6psi kit NON-intercooled on it. He brought it straight to me and said fix it. lol Took it for a drive and its not happy at all. Sparks knock bad if you barley get in it. This is my first supercharged car and not sure where to really start. I pulled the tune and someone has been in it before but its not right.
It came with SVO 42lb injectors, 255 pump, and TR-6 plugs all not installed. I just put them in tonight. Its a suck threw MAFF setup and has NO FMU.. From what i've read i guess thats why they got the 42's and 255 pump. I looked for a good base on holdens site but there isn't one. Could someone set me up with a good base to start off of, i'll include the tune i pulled but i don't know if i need to start from scratch. I'll also include a stock 01 file from holden's site if needed.

Thanks Brad

ringram
October 23rd, 2009, 01:59 AM
Looks like a near stock timing table.
Bad.
Im no FI expert, but Id be taking timing out from 0.80g/cyl up.

chevy052500hd
October 23rd, 2009, 08:01 AM
Do you have a wide band o2? If not get one .

hotrod
October 23rd, 2009, 08:05 AM
Do you have a wide band o2? If not get one .

Yes i do have a wideband LM-1

I have done quite a few NA cars but this is my first shot at an FI one.

hotrod
October 23rd, 2009, 08:06 AM
Looks like a near stock timing table.
Bad.
Im no FI expert, but Id be taking timing out from 0.80g/cyl up.

Other than the timing tables being near stock how does the rest of it look?

chevy052500hd
October 23rd, 2009, 08:19 AM
Here is a tune I whipped up for ya, less timing in high load areas and more full in high load areas approx 10%, caled it for the 42lb injectors too. Should be safe, maybe overly safe. Hard to guess what your engine needs with out a log but this should get ya started. Would be better if your buddy could get a intercooler on there to help with IAT's.

Good luck,

chevy052500hd
October 23rd, 2009, 08:21 AM
may half to turn off map codes p0106 if they set. For being in boost at part throttle. You may also throw a p0101 for the maf sensor and may half to turn that code off too, but drive it and find out.

chevy052500hd
October 24th, 2009, 05:31 AM
Here's an updated tune, forgot that the ls1's are 4bar, and your svo's are rated at 3bar so your 42lbers are actually 49lb injectors on this car. I updated the ifr table for you.

hotrod
October 28th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Ok i played with it and got it running really good. But the only thing i noticed on the wideband is on a decell when i let out of the gas it goes way rich for a few seconds then comes back to normal or untill the defco kicks inl. I'll include both the tune and a datalog. You can see a nice one at frame 1720