PDA

View Full Version : TCC lockup again

DURAtotheMAX
October 23rd, 2009, 03:35 AM
Ross- I know its been beaten to death....but now that DSP for the LBZ is done is there any chance in the next while that you might be able to dig into the allison TCM for that elusive table that inhibits TCC lockup if the slip rpm is above a certain value? If we could find this it would eliminate the need for a dedicated standalone lockup controller.

And any other tables in the TCM that might cause it to ignore the basic tcc apply tables that we already have? I think this is basically THE one last thing/table/inhibitor that we need to completely tame the confusing allison TCM...then we wont ask for anything more from the TCM, promise. :D

thanks
Ben

fire0021
October 23rd, 2009, 04:03 AM
Ross- I know its been beaten to death....but now that DSP for the LBZ is done is there any chance in the next while that you might be able to dig into the allison TCM for that elusive table that inhibits TCC lockup if the slip rpm is above a certain value? If we could find this it would eliminate the need for a dedicated standalone lockup controller.

And any other tables in the TCM that might cause it to ignore the basic tcc apply tables that we already have? I think this is basically THE one last thing/table/inhibitor that we need to completely tame the confusing allison TCM...then we wont ask for anything more from the TCM, promise. :D

thanks
Ben

x2 this would allow us with certain converters to make it work and lock under wot. and make for better tuneing of other converters. Also this is needed on LLY / LBZ / LMM tcms not sure if lb7 have this issue ?

Thanks Tommy

joecar
October 23rd, 2009, 04:17 AM
Other thread linking to this one: showthread.php?p=107211#post107211 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?p=107211#post107211)

THEFERMANATOR
October 23rd, 2009, 04:29 AM
As for lock-up tables, could you also try to find the one that controls converter unlock on decel(0% throttle) in normal shift mode? I'm running 3.42 gears in mine and it gets annoying that anytime I let off the throttle below 53-55 it unlocks the converter even though the release table is set to not release until 42-43 at 0% throttle. I've set mine so that it locks in around 46 for slow speed cruising, but whenever I let off the throttle completely it unlocks and then re-locks pretty quickly again when I ease back into it. I figured that this may in fact be part of the lock-up tables that control the WOT lock-up as well.

GMPX
October 23rd, 2009, 09:24 AM
Got to do the 2009 TCM first.......it never ends :)

Randy5.0
October 23rd, 2009, 12:35 PM
I am in need of this as well. Same thing, won't lock until 3-4 upshift WOT. Please help as soon as you can. Thanks

DURAtotheMAX
October 24th, 2009, 01:48 AM
Got to do the 2009 TCM first.......it never ends :)

ahh just tell them to swap in a 2007-2008 TCM! :D :tongue:

cmitchell17
December 3rd, 2009, 08:14 AM
I thought I was lucky untill today with my 01os on my LLY with a 1056. I havent logged yet but it looks like my converter is deciding not to lock. Maybe this is the cause when sometimes it feels like I loose a lot of power.

Its the worst becuase when the converter dosent lock, it just goes no where and you just waste power heating up the converter and it just goes to really high rpms and justs sits there.

SteveFord
February 14th, 2010, 07:07 AM
Anything yet?:)

Big D
March 13th, 2010, 08:09 AM
Anything yet?:)

X2 & ttt

maybe this can be done after the 09 TCM ?? please, pretty please. really dont want to spend the money on a ATS copilot if EFILive can do this.

duramaximizer
March 21st, 2010, 12:42 PM
bumpity bump

jimter
April 6th, 2010, 02:55 AM
Subscribed...

giesbrecht
April 24th, 2010, 02:05 PM
Time to bump

bballer182
April 25th, 2010, 03:49 AM
good luck men! if you guys haven't heard the Cummins development is on top of the list.

duramaximizer
April 27th, 2010, 02:21 PM
yippie skippy. :P :)

Nmband13
July 21st, 2010, 11:29 AM
Any news? My 01 LB7 doesnt want to lock til mid to high range in 2nd, set all tables for TCC Lock-up to 2mph in 2nd gear+ still doesnt lock like it should.

SteveFord
April 22nd, 2011, 09:05 AM
So since there isn't anything going on with the lml right as of now, is there anyway to get the tables we need anytime soon? Or is the Cummins stuff still taking up time and we are just sitting idle still with this??? Been a while since this problem was brought to attention!

Nmband13
April 23rd, 2011, 01:21 AM
I almost doubt we'll get this table, its been wanted for years now. Cummins is #1, this is like #123, sadly enough.