PDA

View Full Version : Updated V3 Custom O.S's

GMPX
October 22nd, 2005, 11:05 PM
Hi All,

At some stage over the weekend a new set of V3 custom O.S's will be available for download.
The new files will have the normal custom O.S numbers but with a 'b' on the end of the file name, eg - 01290003b.
They will still appear as normal in the Tune tool without the 'b' suffix.
All these now include the new IAT VE Multiplier table.
The custom O.S doc has also been updated to suit.

If you are already running a V3 custom O.S then all you need to do is full flash the update file into the PCM, then do a calibration only flash of your existing V3 tune, read the PCM back out, save it, and that is it.
Once that is done you should for the moment set all the values in the IAT multiplier to 1.00, the updated custom O.S doc covers this further.
Also, don't forget to also get the updated .cal files to suit your custom O.S number or the new table will not appear and maybe defaulted to 0 which means the engine won't run!.

For those that are using 05120003 it is strongly recommended you upgrade to these new O.S's, there was a problem with that O.S that caused the engine to run very poorly on some vehicles.

Thanks,
Ross

Black02SS
October 23rd, 2005, 12:16 AM
8) Awsome work once again!

GMPX
October 23rd, 2005, 12:54 AM
Thanks Chad,

It's been very busy in the deep dark computer dungeons at EFILive whilst we secretly got stuck into the Duramax ECM (and others :shock: :?: ), but never fear, we won't forget about the LS1's, we can't, we both drive one!!.
Besides, you know what is coming in the next round of custom O.S's, I sent Chad the wrong files one day for testing :oops: :oops:

Cheers,
Ross

Black02SS
October 23rd, 2005, 12:58 AM
:shock: :wink:

GMPX
October 23rd, 2005, 01:10 AM
It was you wasn't it? :oops: :oops: again, oh darn, I think it was Delco!!.
Oh well, I better not remove the thread, that is called censorship and I don't like censorship (hoping off soapbox emoticon please).

Cheers,
Ross

Black02SS
October 23rd, 2005, 01:14 AM
Sent you an email. :)

bink
October 23rd, 2005, 02:37 AM
Here's a link to the " New IAT-VE Multiplier" thread ->http://www.efilive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2415&start=0 - for those interested.

Cheers,
joel

BowlingSS
October 25th, 2005, 08:03 AM
Is this update out yet? I do not see it. I have been out of town the last few days without internet access.

Bill

vetteboy2k
October 26th, 2005, 10:00 AM
I have a need for the rewritten Custom O/S version 02030003, as the last race of the season in my area is this coming Saturday. I know they were supposed to be released over the weekend and you guys are extremely busy getting ready for SEMA, but will they be released before then?

Tordne
October 26th, 2005, 10:06 AM
I have a need for the rewritten Custom O/S version 02030003, as the last race of the season in my area is this coming Saturday. I know they were supposed to be released over the weekend and you guys are extremely busy getting ready for SEMA, but will they be released before then?

You need the IAT stuff specifically?

vetteboy2k
October 26th, 2005, 10:10 AM
Not the IAT Stuff particularly, I am working with Jesse getting everything dialed in and looking at my scans the PCM is not commanding the right AFR for the corresponding kpa.

Tordne
October 26th, 2005, 10:16 AM
Not the IAT Stuff particularly, I am working with Jesse getting everything dialed in and looking at my scans the PCM is not commanding the right AFR for the corresponding kpa.

That is weird! If you are already working with Jesse, then I am unlikely to be able to help at all :cry:

GMPX
October 26th, 2005, 05:10 PM
I sent the files to Paul before I left for L.A, I'm sure he'll get them up soon enough.

Cheers,
Ross

joecar
October 27th, 2005, 06:07 AM
Ross, have fun at SEMA.
8)

Scoota
October 30th, 2005, 04:06 PM
Hi Ross,
The latest down loads don't have the 'a,b' after the file name, which could be my reason for the no start.
Could you confirm this? It's possible I've done something wrong.

Cheers Scotty.

Tordne
October 30th, 2005, 05:01 PM
The latest down loads don't have the 'a,b' after the file name, which could be my reason for the no start.

I noticed that also, but the file modification times on all the files were updated within the last 10-15 days or so. So I assumed that they were the new ones with the IAT multiplier table.

Anyway, I have a 2002 Holden Commodore, OS 01290003 which is working fine. I'm guessing that this is the same OS that you want to use :wink:. My car is N/A, but I'm not sure that would make any difference.

PS: Nice website by the way, I see you represent SS Inductions (know them well).

Cheers,

Scoota
October 30th, 2005, 09:46 PM
The OS 01290002 works fine; i had to use it to get him going for now.
I used the very same OS V3 on a car on Saturday before I down loaded the current updates and had no problems.

Cheers Scotty.

SS2win
October 31st, 2005, 01:54 AM
I'm using 1270003 and it has the IAT stuff in it...

BowlingSS
October 31st, 2005, 04:43 AM
Hi Ross,

Cheers Scotty.

FYI I installed the newest updates and did not have a problem. I would check where you unzipped the files.

Bill

m396 #00-011
October 31st, 2005, 06:01 AM
I get a "floating point division by zero" error when opening any custom OS's after the upgrade. I reverted back to before the update, and it's gone. I've tried the upgrade 11 again, same deal, Floating point error.

Tordne
October 31st, 2005, 07:50 AM
The OS 01290002 works fine; i had to use it to get him going for now.
I used the very same OS V3 on a car on Saturday before I down loaded the current updates and had no problems.

Cheers Scotty.

Just to clarify... I am running the new 01290003 with no problems.

Scoota
October 31st, 2005, 10:06 AM
I get a "floating point division by zero" error when opening any custom OS's after the upgrade. I reverted back to before the update, and it's gone. I've tried the upgrade 11 again, same deal, Floating point error.

The same message comes up on mine, maybe Ross and Paul might better explain this one.

Just to clarify... I am running the new 01290003 with no problems.

Andrew, when you say you're running the new 01290003 with no problems. I'm assuming you've carried out a full COv3 re-install.

As a test, I have just carried out a 01250003 totally fresh from scratch install on my ute with the blank OS tune (I have my original V3 tune saved)and then filled it with my original V3 tune file and there is a no start either. The engine fires for a second and shuts off as though VAT's needs to be dissabled.

There must be an incompatable link between the Cal file and Tune file. "Floating point error" came up with the blank tune file.

Just wondering if I have missed something here.

Cheers Scotty.

Tordne
October 31st, 2005, 10:12 AM
Andrew, when you say you're running the new 01290003 with no problems. I'm assuming you've carried out a full COv3 re-install.

As a test, I have just carried out a 01250003 totally fresh from scratch install on my ute with the blank OS tune (I have my original V3 tune saved)and then filled it with my original V3 tune file and there is a no start either. The engine fires for a second and shuts off as though VAT's needs to be dissabled.

There must be an incompatable link between the Cal file and Tune file. "Floating point error" came up with the blank tune file.

Just wundering if I have missed something.

Cheers Scotty.

Certainly did put the new OS in with a full flash. You would obviously have to because the code inside the OS has changed (as you know). Then I basically flash in the calibrations from my previous V3 tune, then downloaded and revalidated all the custom OS fields to ensure they were correct.

I also got the "divide by zero" error, but my full reflash was still successful.

You will have a done a lot more of this than me, but I am happy to have a look at the tune as a fresh set of eyes if you like.

Cheers,

Scoota
October 31st, 2005, 06:55 PM
Well I carried out another down load of of all the updates agian and tried the V3 OS and all is working just fine now.

PS: Nice website by the way,

Andrew, Check out what I was upto on the Indy weekend in Queesland. It’s the annual Indy charity lunch with the V8 Super Car Drivers. There’s a shot of one of you’re fellow Kiwi-men. Just follow the link below.
http://chipcontrol.com.au/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=Events;action=display;num=113013981 9

Cheers Scotty.

Tordne
October 31st, 2005, 07:00 PM
Well I carried out another down load of of all the updates agian and tried the V3 OS and all is working just fine now.

That is strange, but at least it is all working now :D

Andrew, Check out what I was upto on the Indy weekend in Queesland. It’s the annual Indy charity lunch with the V8 Super Car Drivers. There’s a shot of one of you’re fellow Kiwi-men. Just follow the link below.
http://chipcontrol.com.au/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=Events;action=display;num=113013981 9

Lucky bugger, that Ricki-Lee is very tidy! Bugger the V8 Supercar Drivers :D

Scoota
October 31st, 2005, 07:47 PM
You can't see it but my hand was gently resting on her back-side. 8)

You know, I've got to go and do it all again next year. :?

Cheers Scotty.

Tordne
November 1st, 2005, 07:34 AM
You can't see it but my hand was gently resting on her back-side. 8)

You know, I've got to go and do it all again next year. :?

Cheers Scotty.

Let me know if you need help filling up the corporate tent :wink:

m396 #00-011
November 1st, 2005, 10:36 AM
upgrade #10, all is fine.

upgrade #11, still get the floating point error.

Blacky
November 7th, 2005, 07:32 PM
upgrade #10, all is fine.

upgrade #11, still get the floating point error.

The floating point error should be fixed with Tuning Tool V7.3.0 build 317 - check the Help->About screen for the build number.

Is it still a problem even with that build number?

Note: On Oct 30, build 317 was uploaded to the web server about an hour after the previous build, to fix the floating point error. Both versions were called V7.3.0-011, just the build number was incremented. So you may need to download it again if you don't already have build 317.

Regards
Paul

Tordne
November 7th, 2005, 09:16 PM
I still get that error in build 317.

Blacky
November 7th, 2005, 09:18 PM

What OS?
Is it a custom OS?
What metric/imperial settings? (all imperial?, all metric? or mixture?)
What settings are on your Properties->Display tab page?
Can you send me the *.tun file you are using?

Thanks
Paul

Tordne
November 7th, 2005, 09:28 PM

What OS?
Is it a custom OS?
What metric/imperial settings? (all imperial?, all metric? or mixture?)
What settings are on your Properties->Display tab page?
Can you send me the *.tun file you are using?

Thanks
Paul

1) OS is 01290003 (with the IAT multiplier table)
2) All Metric
3) Under Properties->Display I have: "% of theoretical maximum", "AFR" and "Lbs/Hour"
4) I find that the error only occurs when loading the base Custom OS (any of them - just tested a few randomly), the ones with no calibrations. If I load my actual tune I get no error.

Cheers,

m396 #00-011
November 8th, 2005, 01:07 PM
4) I find that the error only occurs when loading the base Custom OS (any of them - just tested a few randomly), the ones with no calibrations. If I load my actual tune I get no error.

Cheers,

Same here, only Custom OS's without Calibration Data

Blacky
November 8th, 2005, 01:19 PM
Found the problem.
The cylinder volume is set to 0 in a blank custom OS. EFIlive is dividing by zero when attempting to convert the VE table to %.
Change the Properties setting for the VE tables to g*K/kPa instead of % and the error should stop.

Meanwhile I am fixing the problem...

Regards
Paul

Scoota
November 8th, 2005, 03:54 PM
Thank's Paul.

Cheers Scotty.

GMPX
November 8th, 2005, 05:03 PM
Change the Properties setting for the VE tables to g*K/kPa instead of % and the error should stop.

So that's why I never saw it, I always work in g*K/kPa

Cheers,
Ross

ringram
December 5th, 2005, 08:24 AM
Should I be doing a full reflash with the 2/12/05 release of custom OS?
Or will my old OS still be ok?
Im running OS3 from October.

Are there any fixes?

Thanks

GMPX
December 5th, 2005, 08:55 AM
The latest ones added the IAT VE Multiplier table, some are finding on boosted apps this is needed.

Cheers,
Ross

ringram
December 5th, 2005, 10:01 PM
Ok, the reason I ask is that a couple of times now some weird stuff has happened.
Basically Ive disabled PE by setting map to 110kpa and Im running off B3647 which works well "most" of the time.
Twice now on the motorway Ive noticed the commanded AFR bears no resemblence to what I want it to be. At 40kpa at 100kmph etc, commanded runs from around 13.6 to 14.5 instead of my commanded 14.7 (Which shows as commanded of 14.73)
95% of the time it works properly.

Do you know of any reason why this might be happening? Im running dfco and lean cruise as well, but the first time this happened Im pretty sure I wasnt running either dfco or lean cruise.

I can send a log showing the weirdness if you like?

I think Ill flash the latest OS in anyway just in case some minor change has fixed this.

Thanks

GMPX
December 5th, 2005, 10:31 PM
Can you please send a log file and a tun file that this is happening with, I'll check it out.

ross at efilive dot com (I hate spam).

Cheers,
Ross

Blacky
December 5th, 2005, 11:09 PM
Just a thought, does enrichment due to CAT overtemp protection show up in the commanded fuel PID?
Paul

ringram
December 6th, 2005, 02:56 AM
Im pretty sure the cat overheat is disabled as well.
Ill check and send info over tonight.

Thanks