PDA

View Full Version : Power switch for the V2

BRD-PREY
October 26th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Has anyone installed a power swithc for their V2? I have mine mounted for BBR.
Ed

MMLMM
October 26th, 2009, 02:33 PM
The power button on the V2 used to work??? I would hold down ctrl and the power button I think and it would shut off. Now there is no way to do it I dont think in the new update, or I am missing something...

joecar
October 26th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Hmmm... I'll have to try that when I get home tonite...

You have firmware 2.06.16 from build 75...?

MMLMM
October 26th, 2009, 02:54 PM
It worked long ago. I was playing around and hitting the buttons and I landed on ctrl+power button and it hut off :eek:

I never really needed to do it so it was that one time. Then the other day I tried it for kicks and it didnt work...

ScarabEpic22
October 26th, 2009, 07:21 PM
It doesnt shut off, that turns the screen off. If you do this while BBR'ing, press the button combo again and it should come back live and recording data.

BRD-PREY
October 29th, 2009, 05:54 PM
I found I could set the low power shutdown? under options and this is perfect as it shuts down after I park. Then any key wakes it up.
Ed

swingtan
October 29th, 2009, 10:34 PM
Correct. I use the low power setting ( 1 min ) and normally leave it connected to car. Once it "goes to sleep" it draws very little power and can easily last a few days without flattening a battery that is in OK condition. My current battery is 3.5 years old and has no problems if the V2 has been left connect for a few days.

Simon