PDA

View Full Version : ATS turbo on LBZ with DTCs?

JoakimMD
October 27th, 2009, 07:42 AM
Hi everyone!

I have just fited an ATS turbo on my LBZ for some testing. How do I turn off so that the ECM don´t care about the DTC for the vane? Both the solenoid and the position sensor.

Have search the forum and in the EFILive program but couldn´t find anything.

Thanks!

JoakimMD
October 27th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Found this: http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=5011 where GMPX says that EFILive currently doesn´t support this. This was over 2 years ago. Do EFILive support it now?

I have tried fooling the ECM to think there is a vane position sensor and solenoid by putting a potentiometer in the position sensor connector and applied a static voltage that represent a certian position %.

Also put a high power resisitor in the solenoid connector. That got rid of the DTCs. The choose a low position % value about 3 % and then put that in the tune tables so that the demanded position and the actual position would match.

Now I got past the limp mode, 1900 rpm, but still the engine run in a decreased power mode.

What can I do to solve this? If EFILive don´t support aftermarket turbos I think thats bad because after all it is an tuning software. Isn´t it?! :grin:

Thanks!

/Joakim

GMC-2002-Dmax
October 27th, 2009, 11:16 PM
It will work with tuning only.

You have to put in the correct values for target vane position and still disable all the codes for the turbo sensors and EGR if you disabled them.

I have two trucks running with big aftermarket chargers and no limp, reduce power or codes.

:secret:

JoakimMD
October 28th, 2009, 12:13 AM
Ok, thanks!

I have search the forum and tried everything... still no luck! Can you give me an example of what to do or even better do you have a tune that I can take a look at?

This is what I tried:
Ofcause disabled DTC P0045, P2563 and P003A.
Set the TC vane sensor to min 0.0V since that is what you get with the sensor unpluged.

What you say about vane position I have not tried. You say I will put 0% in those maps? And also put minimun position to 0%?

Please help me! :)

Thanks! //Joakim

JoakimMD
October 28th, 2009, 01:12 AM
I am embarrassed... :) When I had the engine down for the turbo change I forgot to plug the IAT sensor in again. That is what caused my problem.

Now everything is up and running!

Thanks guys! :cheers: