PDA

View Full Version : Firefox

Chevy366
October 29th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Firefox has what they call 'Personas' , it is where you can change the theme on the header and footer of the browser window . http://www.getpersonas.com/en-US/gallery/All/Popular
Has anyone done a EFILive one yet ?
If not is it okay to do one ?

GMPX
October 29th, 2009, 09:40 AM
I don't know of one, if you want to do one go for it.

Chevy366
October 29th, 2009, 10:37 AM
Here is first attempt with GIMP , have not uploaded to Firefox yet , but you can do a preview in Firefox , see what you think . If anyone will use it I will upload it .
You have to be careful with the Header or it may not show like you want it to , the footer what can I say , color is all you can do there .

Chevy366
October 30th, 2009, 06:09 AM
Put it under "Sports" , titled "EFILive" of course in Firefox Personas .

Enjoy !

ScarabEpic22
October 30th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Its not there...

Chevy366
October 30th, 2009, 02:11 PM
It will be , it takes time for the server to catch up .
The "Trilobites" one I submitted a couple of days ago just now got uploaded by Firefox today , they send me acknowledgments when they are there .
In the mean time you can DL the ones I put here and use the Custom Personas>Edit and path to DLed files .
Make sure and go to Tools>Persoans>Prefenences>(check)Show Custom Persona in menu .

Chevy366
November 2nd, 2009, 06:36 AM
For anyone interested the Persona is up now , again EFILive in Sports section .

Brian1
November 7th, 2009, 05:49 AM
Looks pretty nice.

Brian

mr.prick
November 7th, 2009, 05:54 AM
Nice work.
I'm sportin' it now.
Too bad the navigation bar obstructs the view.

Chevy366
November 8th, 2009, 05:22 AM
Looks pretty nice.

Brian

Nice work.
I'm sportin' it now.
Too bad the navigation bar obstructs the view.

Great glad to hear people are using and liking .
Yeah the bars can be a PITA .

Brian1
November 8th, 2009, 06:21 AM
Maybe if the box was not white but maybe a slight color of gray it blend in better. being white maybe to distracting to the display.

Brian

Chevy366
November 8th, 2009, 06:51 AM
Maybe if the box was not white but maybe a slight color of gray it blend in better. being white maybe to distracting to the display.

Brian

Or more transparent . Would be nice if Mozilla/Firefox would allow adjustment to the transparency of the Navigation Toolbar .

ScarabEpic22
November 8th, 2009, 08:16 AM
Wish you could change the font color, I loaded some personas up but couldnt read my bookmarks in the toolbar so I went back to my old Office 2007 black theme.

Brian1
November 8th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Yeah if it allowed transparent gif I say be the best but never worked on one either to say if possible. But still nice. Good job.

Brian

Chevy366
November 8th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Wish you could change the font color, I loaded some personas up but couldnt read my bookmarks in the toolbar so I went back to my old Office 2007 black theme.
Erik , I just looked at my Bookmarks and they are still black font , I chose the blue font for the Persona , in (openSUSE) Linux/Firefox it displays correctly .
Think you need the newest (3.5) , might try the Beta 3.6 that is out .
Did you try Edit>Preferences>Fonts&Colors ?

Yeah if it allowed transparent gif I say be the best but never worked on one either to say if possible. But still nice. Good job.

Brian
Thanks ! :)
That will be a Firefox thing , can't change on my end .

ScarabEpic22
November 8th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Ill check it out later this week when I have time to play with it, taking a 10min study break now from another round of tests this tues/wed. Ugh

GAMEOVER
November 9th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Thanks Chevy366, I just added it to my laptop, Cool!...:D