PDA

View Full Version : LMM DSP Beta1 Release

GMPX
October 29th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Here it is, the first public beta release for the LMM DSP upgrades.
Before proceeding please consider this, you will need to update your software and V2 firmware to beta versions, if you are using EFILive as part of your business and feel uncomfortable about doing this then perhaps wait until the software and DSP updates are classified as stable releases (probably 2 - 3 weeks).

The first step is you must update your software / firmware to the versions listed in the thread below.
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=12014

Once you have updated your software and V2 firmware with the files in the thread above you can download the file attached to this post.

You can download the pdf document detailing the process to upgrade your ECM to DSP2 or DSP5 from THIS (http://download.efilive.com/Tutorials/PDF/DSP%20Upgrade%20Tutorial%20-%20LBZ-LMM.pdf) location:
This document should be saved in to the folder -
\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Doc\Tutorials

There is a zip archive attached to this post containing the necessary files for EFILive Tune to perform the DSP conversion. You must unzip these after installing the new software as it will overwrite the non DSP .calz files.
These files need to be extracted in to the folder -
\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations\E35

The document pretty much spells out what needs to be done so I won't cover that again in this thread.

If anybody strikes any problems with the DSP upgrade please don't do multiple post over multiple forums, it makes it very hard to track what is going on. You all know what Diesel forums we have a presence at, so post either on there or in this thread.

We are about to leave for SEMA so support for this update may be a little slower until we return.

Known issues with this Beta release:

26-Nov-2009 ~ Timing tables for Tune 3 & 4 are ignored, fix is in the attachment posted below - 'LMM_DSP5_Beta_V101_Fix.zip'.
04-Dec-2009 ~ Pedal to desired torque tables not showing in DSP tunes for LMM, download the fixed .calz files 'LMM_DSP_Calz_03-Dec-2009.zip'

For users wanting the update to fix the above timing issue (that should be everyone) please read the following.

The LMM DSP5 Operating system (LBZ is fine) had a bug that caused the ECM to ignore the timing tables for Tunes #3 & #4, instead it used Tune #1 timing instead of #3, or Tune #2 timing instead of #4.

Because it was an OS error this means all existing DSP5 tunes must be scrapped and you have to start over. So, follow the process below:

Download the file 'LMM_DSP5_Beta_V101_Fix.zip'
Extract the zip in to the folder '\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations\E35'
Load factory OS tune, confirm the .calz file date shown is November 26, 2009.
Patch DSP5, save and reload file.
Full flash ECM with updated DSP5 OS.

At this point if you need to transfer over an existing DSP5 tune you can just do a normal calibration flash, do not full flash with the older (pre fixed) files, this will not effect the update to fix the timing issue.

To apply the fix for the missing torque tables on the LMM DSP's, download and extract the file 'LMM_DSP_Calz_03-Dec-2009.zip' in to the folder - \Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations\E35\Custom
The new .calz file date shown for LMM DSP programs should be December 03, 2009. No other changes need to be made to the .tun files, this fix simply allows those pedal v's torque tables to appear!

Enjoy!
Ross

GMPX
October 30th, 2009, 12:08 AM
I had a few Emails about the 2008 motorhome OS 12620015 not having DSP support. I had planned on releasing that with this update but I messed something up in the code for the DSP mods and the ECM becomes brain dead when programmed with DSP, I'll look in to this after SEMA, plus convert the Express Van OS's over.

Cheers,
Ross

1000HP
October 30th, 2009, 12:20 AM
sweet!

IdahoRob
October 30th, 2009, 02:20 AM
Awesome, safe travels!

fire0021
October 30th, 2009, 03:45 AM
nice seems to be working well. Have a safe trip

OTHRGRL
October 30th, 2009, 04:21 AM
Awesome, great work EFI Team

GMPX
October 30th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Killing time at the airport in Melbourne still, the plane is broken, 5 hr delay :music_whistling_1:

Dmaxink
November 5th, 2009, 09:06 AM
Lord knows im going to be the one jacks up here:cucumber:

Ok did the update, loaded new boot blocker, then did build 99, then build 75.
I also uploaded the lbz and lmm files int config/e35 folder. Success i thought as i applied the dsp5 os! but then, i try to reopen the window and it says un recognized pcm:doh2:....I know i did something wrong cause when i click on the engine tab nothing even comes up...soooo can anyone here lend me a hand? thanks alot!!!

-Kory

bballer182
November 5th, 2009, 12:59 PM
did you make the "custom" folder in the E35 folder? with the DSP2 and 5 calz. in it?

Dmaxink
November 5th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Aw man, I knew I had missed something...I didn't make the custom folder...I must have missed that in the writeup or something...I'm going to read over it again but if it isn't in there can you give me a tip on how to set up/what to set up in that folder? Thanks alot

GL4662
November 17th, 2009, 02:03 PM
is there a write up that explains how to install the actual switch?

jtaylor111
November 17th, 2009, 11:15 PM
How do I go about validing the DSP5 LMM pid?

Dmaxink
November 19th, 2009, 10:11 AM
i dont know what i have done wrong here, i made the folder. extrated the files within the folder...and when i try and open up the tune it still says unrecognized pcm...??any help?

to make this more specific...it lets me apply the dsp5 upgrade with no problem,,just when i try and reopen it after i save the base dsp5 it does not let me reopen it, that is when it says unrecognized pcm and does not let me open the "engine operation tab.

thanks for all the help guys.

joecar
November 19th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Is your folder location correct...?

\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations\E35

Dmaxink
November 19th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Yeah man double checked it...it's in the right folder...I mean I thought I did everything by the book..lol

bballer182
November 19th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Is your folder location correct...?

To add to your post the "custom" folder should be withing the E35 folder.

ex. "Program Files/EFILive/7.5/Calibrations/E35/Custom"

then within that folder (custom) ONLY the custom OS's should be in there.
i.e. ALL of the OS'S that start with a 5 or a 2 ONLY. the rest of the OS's (ones starting with 1) should be in the E35 folder. AND make sure your are fully up-to-date with 7.5 (should be build 99)

Dmaxink
November 20th, 2009, 01:35 AM
Yeah man just double checked all that again, it is build 7.5 build 99 and only the custom os in the custom folder..it is still saying unrecognized PCM and not letting me open the engine tab...

Possibly I didn't update something right?

Do yall think maybe my next step should b to maybe try and just delete the whole efilive and redownload it from point A?

Thanks so much for all the replies

bballer182
November 20th, 2009, 02:16 AM
after the upgrade do you save as a new file or write over the old one? might try sve as new just for kicks is you haven't yet

Dmaxink
November 20th, 2009, 05:17 AM
I think I've misunderstood, headed to the deer lease in junction tx and trying to figure this out and typing on efilive forum with iPhone!! Haha man I don't think I saved anything as a new folder just wrote over the old ones..but what specifically are you talking about to save as a new folder?

I will conquer this! :-P

bballer182
November 20th, 2009, 03:01 PM
File not folder. after you upgrade your OS do you save as a new FILE or do you over write the old one you just upgraded?

Dmaxink
November 20th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Yeah man I save it as Kory LMM dsp5...so I think I'm doing that part right

bballer182
November 21st, 2009, 05:48 AM
Yeah man I save it as Kory LMM dsp5...so I think I'm doing that part right

man you got me stumped. What is the OS you are working with

Dmaxink
November 22nd, 2009, 05:04 AM
Hey man it's os 7103....it has me stomped too it sucks. But it'll get figured out

GMPX
November 22nd, 2009, 10:05 AM
We will release these soon as an auto update via the internet, when we do that everything will end up in the correct directories. You may consider waiting for that if you can't get it working.

GMPX
November 26th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Update to fix an issue has been posted, please see first post in this thread.

DuramaxPowered
November 27th, 2009, 05:43 AM
I just downloaded the fix, and the Original OS shows Nov 26 date, but when the DSP5 upgrade is applied and the tune is resaved and opened the DSP5 tune date comes up as October 30. Is this correct?

GMPX
November 27th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Yes, it is correct, sorry I should have made that clear. The only changes made were to the original OS calz files (which contain the patch info), the DSP2 and 5 calz files did not require any changes.
Once these are released in full all the dates will match.

Cheers,
Ross

Brian1
November 27th, 2009, 04:29 PM
So do we have to rebuild the DSP5 tune. Meaning take stock tune and apply DSP5 then fill the new tables? So installing the update and then reflash the original built DSP5 tune will not do it correct.

Brian

GMPX
November 28th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Meaning take stock tune and apply DSP5 then fill the new tables?Sort of.

Hard to explain in easy terms, but the error is in the DSP OS, not the DSP5 calibrations. When you perform the the DSP5 patch on a stock GM tune it patches the OS with the DSP5 changes and also 'prefills' the DSP5 calibration maps, so two steps are done.
Because the error was in the DSP5 OS it requires the stock GM tune be patched, but the difference is you can then take your old DSP5 tune (with the OS error) and calibration only flash your tuned DSP5 maps in to the fixed DSP5 OS you just created. Again, the error is not in the tables so a calibration only flash won't fix the problem nor will it introduce the problem.

I hope I didn't just confuse you further.

Cheers,
Ross

Brian1
November 29th, 2009, 04:31 AM
You may have. But if I script the difference between a stock tune and a DSP5 tune. Then load my stock tune. Apply DSP5 to it after I have the update installed. Save and reopen then apply the script of the difference I be set correct?

Brian

GMPX
November 29th, 2009, 09:17 AM
Now I'm confused.

dansdieselp
November 29th, 2009, 12:40 PM
Download and install the new calz. files. Then upgrade your stock tune to dsp5 again. Then rerun the script or copy and paste your old preupdated tune to the new tune you just made. Thanks Ross for fixing this problem. I updated my software and am now making the new tunes. Have one truck still here and will test it out and let you know how it goes.

GMPX
November 29th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Thanks Dan and your explanation makes more sense :grin:

dansdieselp
November 29th, 2009, 01:09 PM
Thanks Dan and your explanation makes more sense :grin:

No problem. Glad to help.

bballer182
November 29th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Sort of.

Hard to explain in easy terms, but the error is in the DSP OS, not the DSP5 calibrations. When you perform the the DSP5 patch on a stock GM tune it patches the OS with the DSP5 changes and also 'prefills' the DSP5 calibration maps, so two steps are done.
Because the error was in the DSP5 OS it requires the stock GM tune be patched, but the difference is you can then take your old DSP5 tune (with the OS error) and calibration only flash your tuned DSP5 maps in to the fixed DSP5 OS you just created. Again, the error is not in the tables so a calibration only flash won't fix the problem nor will it introduce the problem.

I hope I didn't just confuse you further.

Cheers,
Ross

made sense to me.

Just the OS that has the error not the cal.

dansdieselp
November 29th, 2009, 04:34 PM
Well I rebuilt the tunes and installed in the truck and everything works fine now. No other issues to report. Thanks Ross.

OTHRGRL
December 2nd, 2009, 03:50 PM
Just wondering why "Pedal Position to Desired Torque" was not included in the DSP folders for LMM's? It is there for LBZ's.......

Unless it can be added, I will have to adjust the other tables in all of my current smaller tunes to make them work with the "Pedal Position to Desired Torque" table from whatever tune I use as that customer's base tune.

Also noticed while applying the fix that after extracting the ZIP if I open my previous DSP5 file the "save" button is functional without me making any changes. Will simply opening an old DSP5 file, saving it, and then calibration only flashing onto a truck fix the previous timing table issue? Or do I need to do as Dan explained and script it over to a DSP5 file that I create from the stock OS after extracting the ZIP fix? Hopefully this doesn't strike the confusion back up.

GMPX
December 2nd, 2009, 04:43 PM
You must follow what Dan said, there is no short cuts.

"Pedal Position to Desired Torque" is different on the LMM, don't search for the same tables as LBZ. You need to look for A9009 - A9014.

Cheers,
Ross

OTHRGRL
December 2nd, 2009, 08:28 PM
I realize that the LMM added Mode A, B, and C tables for both normal and 4WDLo - so there are a total of 6 "Pedal Position to Desired Torque" tables in the base tune. On OS 52628594 and 52617103 LMM DSP5 tunes there are no A9009 - A9014 tables. I just created a 22617103 LMM DSP2 tune and those tables are also not there. We would need 2 tables, one to replace B1161, B1163, and B1165 and another to replace B1160, B1162, and B1164. Much like the LLY DSP5 replaces B0742-B0744 all with A1109.

In the LBZ DSP2 and DSP5 tunes we have A9107 and A9108 to replace B1115 and B1116 - just wondering why that wasn't carried over to LMM.

bballer182
December 3rd, 2009, 02:30 AM
Sorry to steal the thread for a second.

Ross, i justin noticed that in 8594 the P.I.D. fuel pressure error correction tables are misssing, but they are in 7083???

GMPX
December 3rd, 2009, 10:25 AM
That is really bizarre those tables are missing and you are the only one that has noticed after all this time. :nixweiss:
I found the error as to why they are not showing, I'm still not sure how it came to be though, they are in there, just hidden. I've posted some updated .calz files in the original post for this thread.

bballer182, do you mean B1062 etc? if so we just haven't found the equivalent in the LMM. That has been one of the battles with the LMM is how much changed from the LBZ, like the pedal tables we are talking about above.

Cheers,
Ross

bballer182
December 3rd, 2009, 12:12 PM
That is really bizarre those tables are missing and you are the only one that has noticed after all this time. :nixweiss:
I found the error as to why they are not showing, I'm still not sure how it came to be though, they are in there, just hidden. I've posted some updated .calz files in the original post for this thread.

bballer182, do you mean B1062 etc? if so we just haven't found the equivalent in the LMM. That has been one of the battles with the LMM is how much changed from the LBZ, like the pedal tables we are talking about above.

Cheers,
Ross

Yeah B1062 etc... those 7 tables exist in the 12617083 and they don't exist in the 12628594??? those are both LMM OS's...

GMPX
December 3rd, 2009, 02:47 PM
Yeah B1062 etc... those 7 tables exist in the 12617083 and they don't exist in the 12628594??? those are both LMM OS's...Right, now I see, but same thing, we just haven't found them. They would be missing from 12620015, 12628740 & 12628594, but included with 12617103.

bballer182
December 3rd, 2009, 03:03 PM
Ah i see. LMM OS's are that much different from each other? If so GM did a pretty good job at messing with your head....

Distributor
December 3rd, 2009, 04:44 PM
Ross

Thanks alot for the fixed tables, Was getting ready to write you a pm on this very thing, Hope to flash in the am and see how things go.

Eric

GMPX
December 3rd, 2009, 05:57 PM
Ah i see. LMM OS's are that much different from each other? If so GM did a pretty good job at messing with your head....12628594 is the worst, it's quite different indeed.

OTHRGRL
December 4th, 2009, 02:23 AM
Cheers,
Ross

Thanks Ross. I thought it was weird that no one else had said anything, I actually came here expecting so see that someone else had said something and that it had been fixed.

bballer182
December 4th, 2009, 02:26 AM
when GM released the 12623624 for the LBZ was it like that too? I know a lot of guys have complained about loss in fuel mileage and some other thing associated with a dealer reflash to the newest LBZ OS...

Calabria69
December 17th, 2009, 04:37 PM
wow...took me 6 hours to get my dsp5 working yesterday, had to do alot of reading, you guys give out awesome info, would have never got it done without it!! thanks idaho rob for answering my dumb questions and pointing me in the right direction!! thanks again efi staff!!

GMPX
December 18th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Please let us know where you got lost, if we can add hints in to the tutorial to assist others that is good for everyone's sanity.

Calabria69
December 19th, 2009, 05:20 AM
mainly getting to the spot you needed to be to insert the updated calz files, you know click on programs, then efi live, then 7.5, then file 35, open the custom file and unzip the updated calz....i feel dumb now cuz i could breeze right through it now, the biggest hang up i had was updating the v2....had to update the firmware 3 times from oldest to newest to get it to be recognized, and then realized that to start the update for the bootblock was on the v2 handheld itself, pretty much self explanitory after that, just alot of reading and pming the efi staff with really dumb questions......

GMPX
December 19th, 2009, 10:20 AM
Ah yes, that is why we are trying hard to get a new full install done. This way you have the necessary files without extracting zips posted on the forum.