PDA

View Full Version : Thank's for the help.

Vortec Patrol
October 31st, 2009, 04:03 PM
Howdy all,
I have just finished the conversion on my GQ Patrol here in Sth Australia.
I came on here a while back with no idea what i was doin but some very helpful and wise people helped me out with some hassle's i had and tried to make my life easier, which they did for a while.
Alas the Vortec 350 i had would never run again so i went and bought a LS-1 off of a mate in Broken Hill and slotted that in there instead.
It is all running now and goes like a scalded cat! I thought i would share this video with you of the very first time we fired it up....here is the link, http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h207/et4wd/?action=view&current=2005_0114GQexhuast20022.flv

Thank you again to those who helped and i hope ya liked the video.

Steve.

ZR2_350
October 31st, 2009, 05:09 PM
What happened to the treefitty? You'll be happier with the LS-1 !!!

GAMEOVER
October 31st, 2009, 07:08 PM
Holy Cow no Exhaust!!!....lol

Vortec Patrol
November 1st, 2009, 12:30 AM
What happened to the treefitty? You'll be happier with the LS-1 !!!

Hey ZR2_350,
I had a aftermarket ECU on the engine called a Microtech.
After to-ing and fro-ing and doin more reasearch than them and virtually reconfiguring it myself it failed 3 time's to work and seeing as i was running out of coin by throwing good money after bad i decided to bite the bullet and pull the engine out and buy the LS instead.
Tho only reminant's of the engine i have is the inlet manifold which is sittin on my BBQ in the shed.
VERY happy with the LS....it is very quick and the whole rig feel's alot lighter which help's save the suspension when we are racing with it.

Steve.

Vortec Patrol
November 1st, 2009, 12:32 AM
Holy Cow no Exhaust!!!....lol

Yep sound's great hey!....hehehe
There is NO aftermarket exhaust for this conversion so me and my navigator made our own block hugger's for it.....sound's tastier now!

Steve.