PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a load vs. rpm vs. KR MAP!

Redline Motorsports
October 23rd, 2005, 03:25 PM
I am just trying my first custom MAP to log KR on the dyno. I set up the columns up with KPA values and gthe rows by RPM. The data tab was noted as retard due to knock.

After I made the map I loaded up a presaved log file that had indicated knock retard. No values show up. Is there an issue with pulling up old log files with new maps? Is there another parameter I didn't activate?

If the log file recorded data can't that data be configured anyway you want with there custom maps.

Sorry if it is a basic question..

Howard

Blacky
October 23rd, 2005, 03:40 PM
No issue, you can set up new maps after the log is recorded.

Make sure you used exactly the same PIDs that are in the log file as your three MAP PIDs.
i.e. if you logged {SAE.MAP} in the log and used {GM.MAP} as the column labels in the MAP then it would not work.

Also, check that you don't have "hide empty cells" turned on and set to a value that hides all your data.

Regards
Paul

Redline Motorsports
October 23rd, 2005, 04:32 PM
Paul,

I do not see where the selectable items have extentions such as.KR, .MAP, etc.....

I selected the only rpm selection for the column and the only kpa selection for the rows. Just as it appears in the VE table. I then used the knock retard parameter for the data or name indicated at the top of the map. I did make sure that cells are not hidden.

definately doing something stupid!

Blacky
October 23rd, 2005, 05:42 PM
There is a check box under the PID selection drop down list box (in the MAP property editor) called "Name". Check that box and the PID names will show up in the list - that way you can know for sure which PID you are selecting.

Regards
Paul

wait4me
October 23rd, 2005, 05:50 PM
Howard, You can call me, i could have walked you right thru it.... :)

Redline Motorsports
October 24th, 2005, 02:07 PM
Thanks Jesse!

I think I got it working but have another stupid question; I have the map set up as follows;

Column is MAP in Kpa
Rows are RPM
Name of Map is KR (average) ?

After making the above map I loaded a known log file which had recorded some KR. I played the log and the new map registered. What the hell am I looking at? I would have thought it would have displayed the "actual" KR in its given rpm/load cell but there numbers don't correspond to the KR on the dashboard. Is it in deed the average? If so how do I get it to read the acutal KR?

Blacky
October 24th, 2005, 07:45 PM
There are 4 options that you can display:
Min, Max, Avg, and cell count.
Look int he MAP toolbar you'll see an icon for each one.
- Olive colored down arrow for Min.
- Olive colored up arrow for Max.
- Black x (with a bar over it) for average.
- Black n for cell count.

View KR as Max - that will show you the max KR for each cell.

Regards
Paul

Black02SS
October 24th, 2005, 09:57 PM
I played the log and the new map registered. What the hell am I looking at? I would have thought it would have displayed the "actual" KR in its given rpm/load cell but there numbers don't correspond to the KR on the dashboard. Is it in deed the average? If so how do I get it to read the acutal KR?

The only way to look at the actual value for a MAP is to use the dashboard. There is no "current/actual" option for the MAPS to view the real time value. MIN/MAX/AVG/Count only.

How about that for an option Paul?? MIN/MAX/AVG/ACT/Count...

Blacky
October 24th, 2005, 10:02 PM
The only way to look at the actual value for a MAP is to use the dashboard. There is no "current/actual" option for the MAPS to view the real time value. MIN/MAX/AVG/Count only.

Another present to put in Santa's sack :)
Paul

Black02SS
October 24th, 2005, 10:04 PM

Another present to put in Santa's sack :)
Paul

I wish it was that easy when I was a kid... :lol:

Once again, top notch customer service. :thumbsup:

PS: I am in a asking mood.... How about some new smilies.. :)

SSpdDmon
October 25th, 2005, 12:23 AM
Just out of curiosity, why would you want to view KR in comparison to the map sensor when the table in the PCM uses grams per cylinder? Wouldn't you want to use the PID's associated with the table you're changing?

Blacky
October 25th, 2005, 12:43 AM

We are installing vBulletin after SEMA, so I guess we can get whatever smilies we want for that - right?
Paul

Black02SS
October 25th, 2005, 12:48 AM
Yup just would have to add them... :cool:

Also, not to highjack the thread. If he is looking for Spark retard using the DMA pids, there are some tables that are referenced by kPa. Here is an example.

mistermike
October 25th, 2005, 01:17 AM

We are installing vBulletin after SEMA, so I guess we can get whatever smilies we want for that - right?
Paul
Nice. My GTO board is running the latest vBulletin and it seems very nice. Do you speak PHP? :wink:

Blacky
October 25th, 2005, 01:28 AM

Paul
Nice. My GTO board is running the latest vBulletin and it seems very nice. Do you speak PHP? :wink:

Not really, I leave that to smarter geeks than I. :? :?
Paul

Redline Motorsports
October 25th, 2005, 02:52 PM
Just out of curiosity, why would you want to view KR in comparison to the map sensor when the table in the PCM uses grams per cylinder? Wouldn't you want to use the PID's associated with the table you're changing?

you are correct. I was just refering to logging "a load" parameter. I am new to playing with the custom map logging function. I think I got it figured out!