PDA

View Full Version : "Transient" equals...

killerbee
November 1st, 2009, 08:51 AM
All warmed up, doing some logging, I changed up the low altitude timing and FRP tables. I am running along on the highway and notice the truck is staying mostly in the transient table (appears). BTW, this truck is dpf deleted.

Next thing I see, timing goes from -2 to my 9 degrees at a slow rate, over a 10-20 sec period. Simultaneously, the pressure changed as well. This was low load, steady hiway cruise.

I pulled over without shutting down, then took off again, and the old parameters were back. Weird.

My question is, what defines when "transient" operation occurs, vs the other tables? I could find no trigger, but it was consuming the morning, nothing "transient" about it really.

bballer182
November 1st, 2009, 10:43 AM
Thats a really good question i have pondered that my self.

MICK
November 1st, 2009, 12:15 PM
There are parameters which are undefined in all tuning softwares as you know. In early LS1 there are over 4000 parameters. Most you will never use. If included, not only does it take alot of time but you will drown in a sea of overwhelming information.

The parameters I see define Steady State and what operating conditions need to be in order to activate this mode. If else > Transient mode active.

There looks like there is 6 or so parameters that make up this field.

I personally have not seen anybody with the issue your having and wonder if it is reduced engine power mode kicking in.

Cheers

Mick

killerbee
November 1st, 2009, 01:24 PM
reduced engine power mode

with respect to regen parameters? Or do you mean an OBD limp? I know its not that, I was using 20 mm3. Once I filled the transient tables with the new low altitude values, the problem went away. The purpose of the thread is to get some understanding of what I did right. :)

But in any event, I also wonder if these transient tables apply to the upper elevation tables as well. Or is there unseen transient tables for them as well.

I can only imagine the frustration this ECM has been for EFILive. What a process. It must be tough to find a new vein to open every day.

killerbee
November 4th, 2009, 06:52 AM
There are indications that "transient" occurs after getting on the pedal.