PDA

View Full Version : Log #2 plz critique

shadyst
November 5th, 2009, 10:09 AM
seems to be sputtering in higher rpms now after the OS change.....

5.7ute
November 5th, 2009, 11:44 AM
It appears to be lean under WOT going from the o2 sensor voltage. A wideband will be necessary to check this out properly. Also bank 1 o2 sensor is not working at all. Check for an open circuit before replacing this sensor though.
I will keep looking as time permits.(I have just started work lol)

shadyst
November 5th, 2009, 12:37 PM
It appears to be lean under WOT going from the o2 sensor voltage. A wideband will be necessary to check this out properly. Also bank 1 o2 sensor is not working at all. Check for an open circuit before replacing this sensor though.
I will keep looking as time permits.(I have just started work lol)

so should I richen it back down to the 11.7 it was at before so it doesnt lean out? and with the bank 1 out is that do to only having the back 2 o2 sensors do to the headers?

5.7ute
November 5th, 2009, 01:00 PM
You should be running the pre cat sensors as this is what is used for the fuel trimming.
Setting PE back to 11.7 will help IF it is running lean but will only mask where the problem is. The sensor voltages are all over the place at the moment & not giving a clear idea of whats going on.I would be getting this sorted or fitting a wideband before doing any more WOT runs.

shadyst
November 5th, 2009, 01:07 PM
You should be running the pre cat sensors as this is what is used for the fuel trimming.
Setting PE back to 11.7 will help IF it is running lean but will only mask where the problem is. The sensor voltages are all over the place at the moment & not giving a clear idea of whats going on.I would be getting this sorted or fitting a wideband before doing any more WOT runs.

Ya I have the back 2 o2 sensors at the end of the headers Im not running cats. No one in my area has a WB so Im saving up for 1 at the moment. So I have 1 more race coming up in Vegas so the notdoing a WOT run would be an issue lol. let me know if anything else comes to mind. and thanks for all your help so far.

5.7ute
November 5th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Not having access to a wideband you will need to get the narrowband o2 sensors operational to get it to a safe condition to run IMO.
I will keep looking as time permits.

shadyst
November 5th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Not having access to a wideband you will need to get the narrowband o2 sensors operational to get it to a safe condition to run IMO.
I will keep looking as time permits.

Sorry for the slowness but I have no idea how Id do that..sry:doh2:

5.7ute
November 5th, 2009, 01:54 PM
No sweat, we all had to start somewhere.
First thing I would do is swap the o2 sensors over, log again & see if the problem follows the sensor Or stays with that bank. If it follows the sensor then obviously the sensor is stuffed. If it stays with the same bank then there is a wiring issue.
If it is a sensor issue I would replace both if it is financially viable.

shadyst
November 5th, 2009, 01:57 PM
No sweat, we all had to start somewhere.
First thing I would do is swap the o2 sensors over, log again & see if the problem follows the sensor Or stays with that bank. If it follows the sensor then obviously the sensor is stuffed. If it stays with the same bank then there is a wiring issue.
If it is a sensor issue I would replace both if it is financially viable.

Ah yes lamen terms for me, now I understand thanks lol
what bank is what side? and can I ask how did u know it is running lean just from the voltage of the o2s?

5.7ute
November 5th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Narrowband voltage is only a rough guide, but you should see over 850mv under wot conditions. 450mv is around stoich & anything under is lean.
Bank 1 is the drivers side over there. It matches the side that cylinder 1 is on.

joecar
November 5th, 2009, 08:48 PM
What Mick said: bank 1 NBO2 sensor seems open circuit... without any O2 sensor (NBO2 or WBO2) it's hard to tell exactly what is going on...

HO2S21 (bank 2) seems to suggest that you may be lean at WOT... a wideband is necessary, even more so if you go to the drag strip.

Your channel count is 27 (5 packets)...

For future logs, delete these pids:
GM.O2BIAS11,21,12,22 (each use 1 channel),
GM.TP (1 channel);

You can then add either GM.DYNAIR (uses 2 channels) or
both GM.GEAR and GM.TCCMODE (each use 1 channel)

--> this brings the channel count to 24.

On the PIDs tab, at the bottom, look at the Channel Count, you want 24 or less to get the fastest frame rate.