PDA

View Full Version : LBZ B1122 and "FACTOR"-smoke control

killerbee
November 6th, 2009, 10:12 AM
This table has some real merit, and it "may" be what we are looking for spoolup smoke control on the LBZ beast, frequently mistaken for a fire breathing dragon.

Can we open the definition of "factor" somewhat? There is surprisingly little information or understanding of what things affect it. It jumps around quitre a bit, and there appears to be a throttle or boost dependency.

Any opinions appreciated. It has some resemblance to MAF fuel, in the LLY. Just no way at this point to see what impacts factor. Perhaps there are more tables for factor.

bballer182
November 6th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Yeah i would imagine there is quite a bit that would impact the "factor" one of which i would assume is the TCM... Without ever playing with it, as i just opened it up so not to be a limiting table, i would have thought that there would be too many variables at play to make this an accurate way to limit smoke on spool up.

Just my .02

killerbee
November 6th, 2009, 02:46 PM
It is not particularly easy to use, but I did use it to limit smoke with minimal downside to spool. Without it, the truck literally blinded people behind me. The owner said someone nearly drove off the road. :)

Factor went from .83 to 1.0 in the logs. Just nothing for me to look at to see why, or how to expand it for more usefulness.

bballer182
November 6th, 2009, 02:52 PM
It is not particularly easy to use, but I did use it to limit smoke with minimal downside to spool. Without it, the truck literally blinded people behind me. The owner said someone nearly drove off the road. :)

Factor went from .83 to 1.0 in the logs. Just nothing for me to look at to see why, or how to expand it for more usefulness.

It's probably one of the buried algorithms that we'll never understand or have access to. kinda like grade braking:shock:

killerbee
November 6th, 2009, 03:51 PM
I am putting my money on Ross to come through with this one.

killerbee
November 16th, 2009, 05:43 PM
bump for more factor tables to change for spoolup and fuel limiting smoke control.

this is a little embarrasing: how am I able to see factor in logs? It is obviously moving around in the table, but I don't have a "factor" pid enabled.

bballer182
November 17th, 2009, 12:37 PM
try these ones. They are in the scan tool only Not in BBL as far as i know...

Engine Power Limiting Factor {TRQ_FACT_DMA} [GM.TRQ_FACT_DMA]
Torque limiters Active {TRQLIMACT_DMA} [GM.TRQLIMACT_DMA]

Biodiesel66
November 18th, 2009, 01:12 AM
I have a request in to add factor (Engine Power Limiting Factor TRQ_FACT_DMA) for BBL.

All 4 would be better.

bballer182
November 18th, 2009, 02:19 AM
I have a request in to add factor (Engine Power Limiting Factor TRQ_FACT_DMA) for BBL.

All 4 would be better.

i just did too last night...