PDA

View Full Version : OS Compatability

vortecyota
November 13th, 2009, 02:29 AM
I have a 5.3, ls6 cam, Radix, 4l80e in my toyota 4x4. I want to get this thing running decent this weekend before it goes for exhaust( drop off Sunday night). My PCM is from an 02 avalanche 5.3, 4l60e os-12212156. I found a tune on holdencrazy for a 99 5.3 Radix with an 09379910 OS. Can I flash my PCM with this tune? Also I could not fine a tune that included a 4l80e with that os to do a segment swap with. I found one with a 12212156 os. Not sure how to get started, but I hope with a little kick in the pants I'll be well on my way. Thanks in advance for any help!

vortecyota
November 13th, 2009, 05:09 AM
Also, are there any disadvantages to using a 99 os? It seems like I have read somewhere that those have less flexability than later ones?

joecar
November 13th, 2009, 05:24 AM
Use the file containing 12212156 and 4L80E, and copy the engine tables from the file containing 09379910...

old file is 09379910,
new file is 12212156+4L80E

- open 2 instances of tune tool, one on new file, other on old file;
- for each table in the engine segment that you need do: copy-with-labels from old, paste-with-labels into new;
- save the new file with a new name (use a meaningful name);
- close both instances of tunetool;
- connect FlashScan to PCM;
- open the tunetool on the newly saved new file;
- do a full flash;

If you have non-stock injectors, get all the tables for your injectors and edit those in.

You will still need a wideband to dial in the VE and MAF tables, should be able to do these in a short time (setup file, flash it, drive/log, view/filter/apply correction)... if you find a suitable place to drive you should be able to do each in under 1 hour each.

OS 12212156 is flexible in that it allows you to eventually run COS5 if you so wish.

vortecyota
November 13th, 2009, 06:38 AM
Joecar, you are extremely generous on this forum. I see you help practically everyone on a daily basis, and I know we all appreciate it greatly. I have a few more ?s. I really don't know what all tables I need to swap, all I would know to do is all of them, but I am assuming that the new OS may have more tables than the old? I have the 43# injectors that came with the blower. Is it safe to assume that the file on holdencrazy contains properly calibrated injector tables, since it is for a 5.3 radix? If not, do you know where I might find a spreadsheet, and how to properly transfer the data to my tune file? I do have a wideband and am somewhat of a perfectionist, so I will absolutely try to learn how to autove and calibrate the MAF because I doubt that a tune from someone else's vehicle even with similar mods will be "perfect" for mine. However, I am dreading the drive/log task as the truck has 20" of lift and 44" tires. Is the procedure you taught me kinda like a segment swap, just each table at a time, since you can only do a segment swap with like OSs? Do I need to also copy and paste the engine diag. section, or just enable the DTCs I want and disable the ones I don't?

joecar
November 13th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Hey, thanks for the kind words...:cheers:

You will need to copy the VE table and ignition timing tables and any ECT/IAT modifier tables, trim/O2 tables...

You can copy the diagnostic segment tables from the Radix file, and then you probably may still have to do some minor tweaking on some of these.

If the injectors you have are not stock, you will have to find the other tables also (if the injectors are OEM in some vehicle, then you want tha vehicle injectors tables... you can calculate the IFR using the spreadsheet and see how close the OEM IFR is... if your injectors are non-OEM, then all you can do is calculate the IFR...

see here, first link has link to spreadsheet:
showthread.php?t=7866 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=7866)
showthread.php?t=7867 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=7867)

Do you have a return-style maifold-referenced FPR... if yes, the IFR will be flat, else it will be sloped.

You have to look at each table and see if that table matters or not... I usually copy all the tables.

Get it going sufficiently to get exhaust installed... you may still have to tweak some after installing exhaust system.

Yes, even identical vehicles will exhibit differences...

You need a wideband... if you have FlashScan V2 then you can use serial comms AFR, otherwise with FlashScan V1 you have to use analog AFR.

AutoVE is basically 3 steps:
- setup the calibration to disable MAF and CL (why...?),
- log data,
- filter the data (remove transients) and multiply correction factor into calibration;

The correction factor is called 'BEN' and is the ratio of measured AFR to commanded AFR (or ratio of commanded EQ to measured EQ).

Repeat a few times to make sure the BEN's have converge to 1.00.

Then enable the MAF and set B0120 to 400 rpm, and repeat the same 3 steps.

For AutoVE, the BEN map is multiplied into B0101 (BEN map looks like B0101).
For AutoMAF, the BEN map is multiplied into B5001 (BEN map looks like B5001).

Then enable CL and see what happens.