PDA

View Full Version : What are the transient tables?

LBZoom
November 14th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Hey guys,
Haven't been on in a while so I'm catching up on some of the latest issues and updates. Getting ready to go DSP 5 on the LBZ and also on a buddy of mine's!

Anyhow, what exactly are the transient tables for in some ECM's? And when are they used if at all? :confused:

rcr1978
November 15th, 2009, 03:34 AM
When I was in school if I remember right transient was a part throttle cruise, conditions are not changing such as throtttle input, load on the engine, ect.

I've been wondering this to but no time to test them to find out. The way I could think to test them is go through and zero all the modifier tables particular to what you are testing. Lets say for fuel pressure set the entire transient table to something weird like 116 or 100 just something odd that the ECM is not going to command in other tables and also a number thats not going to hurt your truck. Don't forget the baro table its a modifier also.

bballer182
November 15th, 2009, 04:02 AM
I've read that a couple of pro tuners just copy all the low altitude table to the transient tables and call it good.

bballer182
November 15th, 2009, 04:16 AM
Hey Ross, this was just brought up on dieselplace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortecfcar View Post
Transient on th LMM

Oh yeah thats right, LMM

B2236, is in the base tune only and doesn't exists in the DSP folders. So if you tune in a turbo brake on the B2236, and you are running in a DSP tune i would imagine that B2236 is going to be referenced while in DSP mode, which means that you will have a turbo brake on all tunes.

which brings me to my question.... Is there enough room left over for the vane position transient table in DSP 1-4?

GMPX
November 15th, 2009, 08:34 AM
Transient tables only came in for LMM, and only for 12628594.
We've pretty much filled up the spare flash in the LMM, sorry.

bballer182
November 15th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Transient tables only came in for LMM, and only for 12628594.
We've pretty much filled up the spare flash in the LMM, sorry.

8594 only huh? that's weird. Alright i'll pass the word along.

killerbee
November 16th, 2009, 03:33 AM
In my little bit of logging, it stayed on the transient tables (timing) almost full time IIRC. It wasn't till I got on the throttle that it went off them.