PDA

View Full Version : LLY DSP5 Wiring, per directions but holes occupied?

chad231
November 15th, 2009, 11:03 AM
I searched all though the forums trying to find an answer to this with no avail. Can some one direct me. I left a message with socal diesel but they have yet to call me back.

The directions form the help tutorials and socaldiesel.com both say black wire in #32 and red wire in #50. #32 on my ECM has a white wire with a black stripe and #50 has a red wire already.

Nothing in the instructions says anything about removing wires, just pin locks?

So what do I do? This my first use of the dsp5 and efi live so I am a bit lost

Thanks,
Chad

killerbee
November 21st, 2009, 11:42 PM
You have made one of 2 mistakes.

1. you are looking at the blue plug (look at the grey one)
2. You are misreading the numbers

chad231
November 22nd, 2009, 04:57 PM
Guy send me an email clarifying the problem so I got it worked out. I appreciate the help and the time you took to respond though.

Chad.

killerbee
November 23rd, 2009, 01:38 AM
and the problem was?

chad231
November 23rd, 2009, 04:41 AM
Oh yeah, sorry. Its was the wrong connector. The instructions just weren't really clear and ever since I jacked around with the ECM/plugs the first time and I now can't get rid of a C0055 code I am very cautious. The instructions should have simply stated "3rd plug down" or "bottom plug". All LLY's are the same, right?

All of my successes and failures are based on the same problem, over thinking the obvious, trying re-invent the wheel. Stupid people are way happier, because they are just to too dumb to know any better.

Chad

killerbee
November 23rd, 2009, 04:52 AM
It's a common mistake. EFILive unintentionally created the issue, the tutorial shows a blue plug. It gets a lot of people.

They really need to change out the pics in that tutorial.

GMPX
November 23rd, 2009, 09:37 AM
Ok, I now see the confusion.
The tutorial clearly states to use the Black connector for wiring in the DSP input (page 14). But the photo's do show the Blue connector being removed (as were provided to us). It does also say at the top of the page with the photo's:
"LLY ECM Blue Connector removal shown below for the DSP Output. Note: Use the same process on the ECM’s Black or Grey Connectors."

I can see why the confusion can happen. A picture is word a thousand words as they say, or in this case a picture cancels out previous words :grin:

killerbee
November 23rd, 2009, 09:44 AM
I'll bet you thought I was being a potty mouth again, didn't you? :)