PDA

View Full Version : HELP needing another license same truck?

djms
November 16th, 2009, 02:42 PM
I have a 04 2500 with a duramax and I have been using efilive to tune it. About 2 months ago the alternator went out and totally killed the batteries, and since then when I try to tune it says that I need to license the ecm, I have used 16 licenses and this is the very first one that I used, Is there any way toget around this, I dont want to have to use more than one license for the same truck. Thanks James

Tordne
November 16th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Hi James,

The only times this is know to happen are:
1) Obviously if the PCM is changed in the vehicle the serial number of the controller will be different and EFILive will need to be licensed for the new controller (normal operation).
2) GM TIS has been known to erase the serial number of the controller on occasion and EFILive also had an issue well over a year ago where the SN would be all 0's.

Do any of these sound likely?

Cheers,

GAMEOVER
November 16th, 2009, 03:51 PM
I had a problem like this about a month ago, where my V2 changed the serial number's around and it made it seem like I never licensed the PCM before...But it was licensed... Paul & Ross took care of it quick though...:D
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=12051&highlight=license

Blacky
November 16th, 2009, 04:06 PM
I have a 04 2500 with a duramax and I have been using efilive to tune it. About 2 months ago the alternator went out and totally killed the batteries, and since then when I try to tune it says that I need to license the ecm, I have used 16 licenses and this is the very first one that I used, Is there any way toget around this, I dont want to have to use more than one license for the same truck. Thanks James

Hi James,

Using the Tune Tool menu option: Flash->Show PCM Info, what serial number is shown for the PCM?

Does it match any of the numbers listed in the used Licenses on the Help->FlashSCan V2 VIN Licensing... window?
Note: Only the last 9 digits are displayed, so when you're comparing them, only compare the last 9 digits of the serial number with the used licenses.

Regards
Paul

ScarabEpic22
November 16th, 2009, 04:23 PM
I had a similar issue I posted about with the P10 a few months ago, try unchecking the use high speed box when you go to flash. Also, try going into the show calibration information pane (Flash->Show PCM Info) and make sure the PCM serial number matches that in your V1/V2 (Help->FlashScan V1/V2 Licensing). They should, I had an issue where when use high speed was checked it would report an incorrect serial number and with it unchecked it would report the correct serial number and allow the flash to continue.

djms
December 28th, 2009, 05:07 AM
Well I finally got time to check this out and I got all zeros. What do I need to do. I tried unchecking the hi speed, same thing. My truck is needing to got the dealer this morning and they need the tune out, any ideas? I really don't want to purhase another license. Thanks James

joecar
December 28th, 2009, 06:16 AM
I pm'd Tech Support.

djms
December 28th, 2009, 07:01 AM
Thanks

Tordne
December 28th, 2009, 07:54 AM
Send a screenshot of the Help->FlashScan V2 VIN Licensing window to support@efilive.com?

djms
December 28th, 2009, 08:30 AM
i sent it, let me know if it worked.

djms
December 28th, 2009, 09:05 AM
resent

Tordne
December 28th, 2009, 09:09 AM
I'm not seeing the 0'd serial number ion the screenshot you sent through. I am seeing that your software version and FlashScan V2 firmware are so old they are no longer supported.

We will need you to upgrade to at least the 7.5.5 Build 88 release, and also update the FlashScan V2 firmware to at least 2.06.12.

I'll email some instructions shortly.

djms
December 28th, 2009, 09:13 AM
i have downloaded them several times but I am unable to use them to do any tuning for some reason.

djms
December 28th, 2009, 09:17 AM
I pulled up the zeros when i went here Flash->Show PCM Info

Tordne
December 28th, 2009, 09:19 AM
We'll need to get you onto current software releases. We just cannot go back what must be around two years and investigate. In all likelihood it is a resolved issue.

If the serial number is 0'd out it will require a license to be allocated (to flash back a valid serial number for ongoing use).

The easiest way to do this right now as we have reduced staff is to purchase a VIN license and flash the truck. This will allocate a new SN. Then send through an updated version of the same screenshot you sent a while ago and that should show the new serial number allocation. We can then send you a replacement VIN license.

Please update software/firmware first though so you don't just repeat the known issue.

djms
December 28th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Hey Andrew, Thanks for all your help this evening. I finally got it all done. And that whole remote computer access or whatever that was, That was unbelievable!!! I never even heard of such a thing. Too Cool!! Thanks again!!:cucumber:

Tordne
December 28th, 2009, 06:14 PM
No worries at all. Sometimes the remote access thing is just the quickest and easiest outcome for all :)

For the truck though you still might need to purchase a license (to flash in a new serial number) and send us through the screenshot so we can issue a replacement license...

djms
December 28th, 2009, 06:18 PM
The truck is at the dealer and I wont get it back for about a week or so, i guess ill try it when I get back and see.

djms
January 18th, 2010, 01:57 PM
Hey Andrew I finally had to break down and get another license, cuase even with the update it still didnt work. My truck is the first vehicle that I tuned and the last six digits from my first and the last six of my last license match. So I am guessing they are for the same ride. So if it is a glitch I would like to get that replacement license. Oh and I have tuned alot of rides so all my licenses are not visible with out scrolling down so I will have to do 2 screenshots right? Thanks James

djms
January 18th, 2010, 02:54 PM
screenshots sent:rockon:

Blacky
January 18th, 2010, 05:45 PM
Replacement license sent :)
Regards
Paul