PDA

View Full Version : E35 Regulator PID's

vortecfcar
November 18th, 2009, 02:23 AM
Tuning big fuel pressure regulators is made easy on the LB7/LLY trucks by logging FRPCOMM and FRPACOM while driving, then creating a map and backing the numbers into the tune file. Now that guys are hogging the regulators out of the newer trucks, it would be helpful to have legitimate regulator PIDs so that we can get the regulators dialed in on the newer trucks.

FRPCOMM reports zero throughout the log and FRPACOM reports 16384mA . FRPADES reports and changes, but does not report within the bounds of the table or with any logic. I think this PID holds the most hope, maybe it's definition needs tweaking.

This is the table I'm trying to build a map around

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m201/vortecfcar/regulator2.jpg

These are the log file results

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m201/vortecfcar/regulator.jpg

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m201/vortecfcar/regulator3.jpg

Any help on this would be much appreciated, there are a few trucks out there that I've tuned personally that could use this fix to eliminiate surge at cruise and hunting at under load.

Thanks,

Nick

isudiesel
November 18th, 2009, 03:39 AM
This fix would be much appreciated.

Like the fuel, but it will be nice when it is delivered smoothly.

Paul

GMPX
November 18th, 2009, 11:09 AM
For me the most annoying thing about this is those PID's are supported out of the box by GM, so if the data is wrong, it's the ECM!! GM assign it a PID number, this means any ECM that supports that PID does so the same way.
With DMA PID's there is a chance they can be wrong as we have to manually define every detail about them (per OS).

I have about 3 - 4 weeks work on gas engine / trans stuff I need to complete before the year is out. I'll revisit this once done. Swapping between Bosch Diesel and Delphi gas ends up getting me nowhere :doh:

LBZoom
November 19th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Would this regulator issue be the potential cause for my truck surging at 1700 rpm on a regualr basis?

vortecfcar
November 19th, 2009, 04:12 PM
If you have a modified regulator and your actual rail pressure surges past desired at 1700rpm, then it's possible - yes.

Nick

LBZoom
November 21st, 2009, 05:51 PM
I see, I'm actually running a stock regulator. I need to log but my scan tool is on loan at the moment. I'm also going to look at TC lockup points bc I have my suspicions

isudiesel
December 11th, 2009, 04:12 AM
any answers yet?

vortecfcar
January 25th, 2010, 03:54 AM
Bump this one back up into the light. :)

Nick

vortecfcar
February 16th, 2010, 05:19 AM
Please fellas :)

Big D
February 16th, 2010, 05:43 PM
Do RPM's change considerably. Its difficult to tell by the log.
I have had this however, it was on a stock fuel systems and I took a different approach to rectify in the desired fuel tables.

GMPX
February 17th, 2010, 09:43 AM
Nick, do you need to be able to log the mm3/sec value or the desired current value? (or both).

bballer182
February 17th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Nick, do you need to be able to log the mm3/sec value or the desired current value? (or both).

mm3/sec would be awesome to start with.:angel_innocent:

vortecfcar
February 22nd, 2010, 08:18 AM
I really need both to do it the way I have on the older trucks...

Thanks,

Nick

vortecfcar
April 22nd, 2010, 02:16 AM
back up on the radar...

isudiesel
June 7th, 2010, 07:44 AM
any update

Fastmax
January 2nd, 2011, 07:06 AM
Is there any update to this yet or any solution? As I have been living with this 70 mph cruise surge for the last 2 years since modding the regulator! What nick posted is what the ECM reports. A fix other than putting a stock regulator back in would be much appreciated by many people.
Thanks
Jay

Fastmax
January 30th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Bump

Fastmax
May 9th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Has any thing been done to get an e35 to log the mm3/sec value or the desired current value? :help2::bangin: