PDA

View Full Version : downloading software problem "calc_pids.txt"

lilbigun
November 18th, 2009, 01:00 PM
i have tried to download the software from the website on my laptop (XP) and on my home desktop (vista) and i have tried to download from the cd on both computers and am having the same problem on both. The problem is that the download goes good and it says everything is complete but when i go to open the "V7.5 Tune Tool" the window opens then instantly another window pops up with this message.....

Cannot open file "C:\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration\calc_pids.txt". The system cannot find the file specified

As soon as you hit "ok" or the "X" on the window it closes out the program
PLEASE HELP!! thanks, tyler

joecar
November 18th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Open the scantool, then go Edit->Properties->Folders and check that the User Configuration points to My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration...

i.e not C:\EFILive\..., but rather My Documents\EFILIve\...

During installation did you leave the install location alone...?

lilbigun
November 18th, 2009, 02:29 PM
i cant open the scan tool. it does the same thing the tune tool does. i left the install location alone yes

lilbigun
November 18th, 2009, 02:54 PM
i also tried changing the location and had the same problem

5.7ute
November 18th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Have you tried manually searching for the calc_pid.txt file? ie not through the scan or tune tool.

mr.prick
November 18th, 2009, 03:21 PM
See if the calc_pid.txt is in
C:\My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration
If it is missing the software won't open.

Tordne
November 18th, 2009, 03:34 PM
I have seen this onece before on a customers system where the registry entry for 'My Documents' is blank.

Using 'regedit' check the following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders\Personal'.

By default this will normally be 'C:\Users\<username>\Documents' for Vista or Windows 7 and 'C:\Documents & Settings\<username>\Documents' for Windows XP (from memory).

lilbigun
November 18th, 2009, 05:08 PM
the calc file is not there.

i checked the regedit file you asked and there is nothing in the personal folder

mr.prick
November 18th, 2009, 05:27 PM

i checked the regedit file you asked and there is nothing in the personal folder

Download the calc_pid.txt and save it in
C:\My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration (http://forum.efilive.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6636&d=1258597267)

Tordne
November 18th, 2009, 07:58 PM

So the registry key is blank then like I expected?

If so you need to:
1) Uninstall the EFILive software
2) Set that registry key value (I'd recommend setting it back what it should be by default)
3) Reinstall the software and the files should exist in the correct locations

mr.prick
November 19th, 2009, 06:53 AM
Is an uninstall/reinstall necessary?
Couldn't you just manually edit the registry key for a quick fix?

Tordne
November 19th, 2009, 08:08 AM
Possibly, possibly not.

The folders that "should" be under 'My Documents\EFILive\V7.5' will be under 'C:\EFILive\V7.5' so you'd need to move those as well.