PDA

View Full Version : Question about my tune 98 OLSD

rickou812
November 20th, 2009, 06:42 AM
I am trying to do a AutoVE tune. I have made the changes as per the tutorial and when I flash the PCM with it I get a no run condition.
The engine will start and then die, seems like no fuel.
I can reflash with the original tune and starts and runs fine.
I am not sure what would cause this condition, especially since there is really no big changes in the tune.

This is a 98 PCM
Original tune and AutoVETune attached.

joecar
November 20th, 2009, 07:54 AM
In tunetool, go Edit->Properties->Display and check that Commanded Fuel Values is AFR or EQ and not Lambda...

If it was Lambda, then redo table B3605 over again from your saved original file.

joecar
November 20th, 2009, 07:59 AM
You could be getting a no-start because you changed G1201 Anti Theft Configuration from PWM to None.

joecar
November 20th, 2009, 08:10 AM
In C6001, if you set P0101/2/3 to Not Reported then the PCM will keep using the MAF and will not failover to SD (speed density)...

When the PCM sees any one of those three DTC's, it ignores the MAF and uses the Backup VE table.

As said above, you made the operating zone of B3605 leaner... check fueling units and redo B3605 (take the original and make that zone it richer).

joecar
November 20th, 2009, 08:15 AM
rickou812,

Welcome to the forum...:cheers:

When I tried to read your tune file from ls1tech, Firefox kept getting in a knot... I don't know what's up with ls1tech.

Cheers
Joe
:^)

rickou812
November 20th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Thanks joecar,

I appreciate you looking at the files. I will start over from the original file, that is running and try again.

One thing that is real strange is, I went to a dyno with a OLSD tune loaded. The car was cranking and running fine. I drove it off the trailer and onto the dyno. Made a dyno pull. The numbers looked strange, so the tuner at the dyno read the PCM with EFIlive. He then asked to make another dyno pull just to verify what we saw on the first pull. Tried to crank the car, and had the start and die problem. Wound up having to push the car back on the trailer.

I took the car back home and reflashed with an older tune that was a CLSD, and the car cranked and run fine.

I have no idea what would have changed from a READ, but ever since, the OLSD tune that WAS running, would only crank and die..

67SS509
November 21st, 2009, 02:28 AM
Took a look at your file. The reason it will not crank and run is you have your "Engine DTC Processing Enablers" P0101, P0102 and P0103 set to "not reported". Change them to "non emissions" and you should be good to go.

Also you need to take another look at your "Commanded Fuel in Open Loop" map. Those 16.59 commands are going to fry a piston!

rickou812
November 21st, 2009, 04:34 AM
In tunetool, go Edit->Properties->Display and check that Commanded Fuel Values is AFR or EQ and not Lambda...

If it was Lambda, then redo table B3605 over again from your saved original file.

That was a problem, it was set to lambda..
Fixed

rickou812
November 21st, 2009, 04:35 AM
You could be getting a no-start because you changed G1201 Anti Theft Configuration from PWM to None.

Changed back to PWM
FIXED

rickou812
November 21st, 2009, 04:38 AM
In C6001, if you set P0101/2/3 to Not Reported then the PCM will keep using the MAF and will not failover to SD (speed density)...

When the PCM sees any one of those three DTC's, it ignores the MAF and uses the Backup VE table.

As said above, you made the operating zone of B3605 leaner... check fueling units and redo B3605 (take the original and make that zone it richer).

Took a look at your file. The reason it will not crank and run is you have your "Engine DTC Processing Enablers" P0101, P0102 and P0103 set to "not reported". Change them to "non emissions" and you should be good to go.

Also you need to take another look at your "Commanded Fuel in Open Loop" map. Those 16.59 commands are going to fry a piston!

I fixed the PO101, 102, and 103
The fueling is also fixed. I made those changes according to the AutoVE tuning tutorial, but I thought I was in EQ mode, turned out I was in lambda :shock:

All issued have been fixed, I will update after I reflash.

rickou812
November 21st, 2009, 05:27 AM
:cucumber: Thanks,
Loaded the fixed OLSD tune and she is alive.
Now if only I had some way to drive it to get a good map table...lol
She is not street legal any more. I am thinking of building a dyno "like" roller, just without the dyno, so that I simulate driving conditions. Just trying how to apply a load to the rollers :doh2:

Thanks again! for helping to straighten out my mess..
Attached is a copy of the revised tune.

67SS509
November 21st, 2009, 10:22 AM
Just curious...how much convertor and what size cam are you running?

rickou812
November 21st, 2009, 10:26 AM
Just curious...how much convertor and what size cam are you running?

I am running a TH350 with a 4500 stall.
Cam is .620ish with 250 duration