PDA

View Full Version : Simulation/Playback of logged data?

deano
October 25th, 2005, 10:33 PM
Hi all..

have been reading the forum for awhile now getting a handle on the software and various details. I'm planning on getting flashscan in the next few months and have a couple of questions..

Regarding the blackbox logging, with V1.2 does it log a set list of PID's or can you set your own custom list and then let it run with them? Ditto for V2 and will it let you choose the PID's with the handset?

Now taking the logged data can you play it back thru in EFILIVE as though you are actually on the road with the laptop connected (ie realtime logging into the software)?

The reason I ask is to help me decide about maybe getting V1.2 now and putting the diff into a laptop or V2 later and not requiring a laptop due to the ability to flash off the handset..
The way I see it, if I can set up the PID's (say for AUTOVE tuning) on the handset, log the data onto the MMC card and then playback/simulate the data thru EFILIVE to setup the AUTOVE BEN factor map as if the software was along for the ride while sitting in front of my PC.. this will negate me spending the $$ on a laptop solely for tuning purpopses :D

Anyway I think that's what I'm trying to ask so hopefully someone can help.. :)

Thanks heaps in advance!

P.S. Am getting EFILIVE anyway (too much good feedback to ignore 8) , just need to be able to justify it to the financial controller who wants a house renovated :roll: no laptop will def help!!

P.P.S Sorry bout long first post.. :oops:

Blacky
October 27th, 2005, 08:50 PM
FlashScan V1.2 allows you to log data without a laptop. You select whatever PIDs you want on your desktop computer, then program those PIDs into the FlashScan V1.2 cable. You can't change the PIDs without returning to your PC. When you bring FlashScan back after logging, you upload the files from FlashScan into your desktop as standard EFILive log files. There is no difference between black-box logging and laptop based logging except that you don't need a laptop. (oh, and bb logging only gives you around 23 minutes of recording time).

FlashScan V2 is designed to eliminate the need for a laptop while logging AND reading or reflashing the PCM. You will be able to change PIDs, erase log files, capture new log files (hours of data can be captured), select different tunes (hundreds can be stored) all from the V2 FlashScan unit without requiring a computer.
The only thing you will need a computer for will be to edit your tuning files. And you don't need to be connected to a vehicle to do that.

Regards
Paul

deano
October 27th, 2005, 09:02 PM
Awesome!!

Thanks for the reply Paul, now I'll just have to hang out for V2 to come out, not going to be easy tho..

Thx

Deano