PDA

View Full Version : dazed and confused with DSP5

kingboydmax
November 22nd, 2009, 01:42 AM
i followed the steps on the dsp totorial to page 11 and 12 but im having trouble understanding how to put my 4 tunes in the truck. i need a step by step on what to do after page 11 on the dsp totorial if anyones up on giving me a lesson that would be greatly appriciated..:help:

LBZoom
November 22nd, 2009, 04:26 PM
So you already have the switch in? Once you have the switch in place then you'll have to open up your stock tune, and choose to upgrade the OS# to the DSP 5 platform, once you change it over be sure to save it seperately from the original stock tune. Save it as "DSP base tune" or something.

Once you do that you'll re-open this new base tune and go to file>edit>run script, and select the appropriate one for your truck, which I'm taking is an LB7? Be sure to select imperial, and know whether the truck is an early LB7 or a late LB7 based on vin I believe.

Once you run the script, save it under a new name as well. Now re-open the scripted tune and click "custom operating systems" in the left browser pane and it should show the groups of tables for DSP 1-4, now available for you to edit, the tables should already be populated with the stock numbers.

Once you edit these tables save the tune under a desired name, then you can add them to the ECM, but you have to do a full re-flash instead of the calibration only flash. Plug the tune tool into the truck and re-open your new tune, then activate the ignition and you should now see 2 red arrows at the top of the browser, the bolder one is the one you will need to select.

kingboydmax
November 24th, 2009, 11:10 AM
editing the tables is where im confused, not quite sure how to do this step?

LBZoom
November 27th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Basically you can edit however you desire, by units, or percentages. For example, let's say you want to increase your injection pulse a bit....click on the cell you want to begin at and drag the mouse down and across to highlight all of the cells you want to edit. Then go to the empty window at the bottom of the toolbar and type in a value...say 20, and click the "%" button and bam, you just increased the highlighted range of cells by 20%, same goes for editing the other tables, although each table may require different amounts of editing and such to achieve your own desired performance. Do you have an LB7 I assume? Send me a private message with your email address, I'll give you a sample tune.

DMAX86
February 15th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Do anyone know about the DSP 5 OS upgrade>? i tried to go in and update the stock to a dsp 5 and it doesnt show an option at all in the box.... will it only show when your hooked up to the truck and laptop... or should it show all the time just with the laptop?? i do have the upgraded V7.5.6 - build 99