January 8th, 2005, 06:44 AM
Will there be a gear scaling feature?

Blacky
January 8th, 2005, 09:52 AM
You mean like this? Or something else?

jfpilla
January 8th, 2005, 10:43 AM
Paul,
For some reason I can't get a screenshot up. I'm mailing two docs.
Joe

GMPX
January 8th, 2005, 11:18 AM

Or do you mean re-scaling of the speed based shift points?.

Blacky
January 8th, 2005, 12:34 PM
Paul,
For some reason I can't get a screenshot up. I'm mailing two docs.
Joe

Nothing has come through yet Joe....

Regards
Paul

jfpilla
January 8th, 2005, 03:21 PM
Paul,
You have total of three emails. Each to a different address.
Joe

jfpilla
January 8th, 2005, 03:27 PM

Or do you mean re-scaling of the speed based shift points?.

Edit has a feature which rescales shift points, both rpm and vss. It also "fixes" the TCC slip calculations.
The above is used when rear gears are changed or slip codes are set.
The shift point changes get you closer, but are not really important since they need tweaking anyway.

I'm certain that there are some on this forum that have used it?

Steve Bryant
January 8th, 2005, 03:30 PM
Joe,
Are you talking about changing the rear axle ratio (ring and pinon gears) or scale the speedometer reading for different size tires? FlashScan can adjust for this kind of thing. I'm trying to understand your question too.

Steve

jfpilla
January 8th, 2005, 03:50 PM
Joe,
Are you talking about changing the rear axle ratio (ring and pinon gears) or scale the speedometer reading for different size tires? FlashScan can adjust for this kind of thing. I'm trying to understand your question too.

Steve
No tire changes. C5's only need slip calculation changes, when a rear gear change is made, to a lower gear the trans input and outputs don't match. The PCM thinks the trans is slipping and sets codes and goes into safe mode and raises trans pressure. Very hard shifts.

jfpilla
January 8th, 2005, 04:04 PM
Here it is.

jfpilla
January 8th, 2005, 04:06 PM
Here's another.

Blacky
January 8th, 2005, 04:11 PM

If anything needs calibrating and is not in the EFILive Tuning Tool, then we will do our best to figure out how to add it in.

Now that I understand what you mean I can add it to the software.

Regards
Paul

jfpilla
January 8th, 2005, 04:19 PM
Sorry it took so long for me to remember how to convert a screenshot to an image file.

Steve Bryant
January 8th, 2005, 05:08 PM
Sorry it took so long for me to remember how to convert a screenshot to an image file.

Joe,
Not a problem! Here are some more transmission calibration screens from tune (bin/.tun) files from a 2004 A4 Corvette.

All my best,

Steve

jfpilla
January 10th, 2005, 06:45 AM
Steve,
Shift points have nothing to do with this.

Steve Bryant
January 10th, 2005, 07:02 AM
I'm beginning to understand what you're getting at (I can be a little slow at times). A transaxle's only external output shaft(s) are the two half-shafts and the VSS is taken from there rather than the output shaft of the transmission. Therefore, the speed would only change if the circumference/diameter of the tire change on the Corvette.

Thanks for helping make this clear!

Steve

jfpilla
January 10th, 2005, 07:13 AM
That's it. There is a reluctor wheel in the differential. It turns at the same speed regardless of gearing in a C5. It sends the speed info. However, when rear gears are changed the trans turns at a different speed than expected by the programming. A code is set and and the trans pressure is set at 100% so that shifts bang pretty hard. How often or how quickly the problem crops up depends on how big a change in gears was made.