PDA

View Full Version : please help tried to upgrade to DSP5 on lly

Chevyboy2004
November 24th, 2009, 12:40 PM
hi i have an 04 LLY i got the upgrade right and loaded it in the ecm with a full reflash. then tried to upgrade my V2 to use the serial switch and i cannot get the select PIDS to load LLY.ppm to my V2 from the efilive explorer. and i can't get on efi's website for some reason. my truck runs but i am worried i will not be able to work the computer properly. i followed the directions word for word off of efi's website. i formatted the flash memory in the V2 and then loaded the LLY.ppm and the AL5.ppm and the options.ppm and hit the refresh button to make sure they stuck. plugged in my ecm connection at the OBD II port and turned the key to on and all that fun stuff and my select PIDS says LS1 (sample),LS2 (sample), LBY (sample), and LLM (sample) no LLY or Manual LLY or AUTO LLY like in the directions. please help!!!!!!!

Brian1
November 24th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Open the program ScanAndTune.exe and configure your options.txt file. You have not edited the options.txt file to list the LLY and the PIDs you wish to see.

Brian

Chevyboy2004
November 24th, 2009, 01:14 PM
ok i understand what u are saying but when i go into my V8 files there is no options.txt or even a config. file in it and i have the most up to date downloads and then i looked in my V7.5 and only can find pids no options.txt i even tried searching it on my computer and no luck

Brian1
November 24th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Have you installed the versions from this link? If not install these.
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?p=105679#post105679
Then update the Firmware and Bootblock.
No idea the previous version you had but there is many changes to the V7.5 and V8.
options.txt file location be under programdata/eflive/v8/config But based on Vista Other Windows OS maybe in different location.
Then open Scan_And_Tune.exe app. Configure it as you want and then program the the Flashscan V2. You can also select to save the options.txt file.
DSP5 I would have thought be present already unless you not updated in a long long time. Latest update add DSP5 support to LBZ and LMM.

Brian

Chevyboy2004
November 25th, 2009, 01:44 PM
ok i found the file the old hard way and changed the options file and now she works like a champ hoo raw! so now come the fun of programing the dsp settings i know nick from duramaxtuner.com had a really simple and powerful dsp5 tune but i cant find it on my computer i use to subcribe to his tuning library. is there anyone that has that tune maybe they can send it to me?

Brian1
November 25th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Give Nick a call. He might help you out.