PDA

View Full Version : E38 / E67 Custom OS Beta release

GMPX
November 24th, 2009, 11:46 PM
Hi all,

Attached to this post are the files required to use our new custom OS's for the E38 & E67 ECM. This covers all E38 OS's supported in EFILive from 2006 - 2010 (all 39 of them)! and a select group of E67 OS's (TBSS, CTSV etc).

So what does this modification do?
By applying 12V to a spare input on the ECM it forces the ECM to believe the car is running 85% ethanol fuel, in doing so this allows the use of a whole range of fuel and spark tables already in the factory programs. We've also added a second Injector flow table in this mode to assist in alternate fuel situations where different injectors might be used.
These additional tables will assist tuners make the most of using alternate fuel types such as LPG / Propane, or for racing applications using Nitrous injection.
The E38 / E67 ECM's already offer amazing tuning functionality for a factory computer. From ready to go 2.5bar SD tuning (with EFILive’s Virtual VE Table technology) to variable camshaft control, even supercharger controls on the E67 this new enhancement from EFILive just puts the icing on the cake.

The files below are being released in Beta form, once they have been in use for a month or so without any issues we will release them with all new software updates. Keep checking back for updates prior to release.

Before you ask clause!!
No feature requests, these custom OS's have already proven in the field to be perfectly suited for the applications in mind.
Where do you get the ECM pins from? Sorry we don't know, we pinched some from an old harness, someone at a dealership might be able to shed some light on this.
Can V2 activate the Ethanol mode? No, that feature was removed due to the complexity of modification required to the OS.

So to get these new OS's on to your PC, look below for the files attached to this post and do the following:

Save the file "E38-E67 Custom OS Upgrade Tutorial.pdf" in to:
\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Doc\Tutorials
Next time you start the Tune Tool it will be accessible via the Help > Tutorial menu. This document is a work in progress at this stage, keep checking back for updates.

Save the file "gm_enhanced.prn" in to:
\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Configuration
This updated file is required so DMA PID's will work with the new COS's.
Black Box Logging has not had this update yet.

Download and extract the zip file "E38-E67_COS_03-Dec-2009.zip" in to:
\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations\
After these are extracted in to the correct folder the .calz files dates as shown in Tune should be v7.33, 03 December, 2009
** The Dec 3rd update includes the E67 .calz files and a minor change to the 2010 E38 COS files, please replace any existing .calz files with these ones. Please do not use any of the older versions of the .calz files for creating custom OS's, you must use new these ones. **

Have fun and please leave your feedback in this thread.

Cheers,
Ross

harascho
November 25th, 2009, 12:04 AM
Where do you get the ECM pins from? Sorry we don't know, we pinched some from an old harness, someone at a dealership might be able to shed some light on this.

The E38 connectors are Delphi.

the two E38 have the following part No: (sorry the T42 connector is also listed..)

Part Number, Description,
13511426 "80 Way Gray 0.64 Sealed Female Connector Assembly",

15463921 "49 Way Black GT 280 Micro 64 Sealed Female Connector Assembly"

15499466 "73 Way Black 0.64 2.8 Sealed Female Connector Assembly"

the different pins are:
Terminal Tray

7116-4152-02/9
33467-0003/23
33467-0005/23
15339541/4

To make sure you got the right pins pls check on the Delphi webside :

http://connectors.delphi.com/dcsgdmcs/homepage.aspx

and try one of the connector part No in the search box. You will find all additional info then.
Delphi Germany was very helpful for me when I did my swap last year. They supported me with lots of free samples... just give it a try..

harald

GMPX
November 25th, 2009, 01:01 AM
Thanks Harald, do you mind if I put this info in to the tutorial?

SS2win
November 25th, 2009, 02:29 AM
Interesting!

HERE (http://tallyspeed.com/tech/connectors/)'s a link with lots of connector info...

harascho
November 25th, 2009, 03:16 AM
no not at all, but give me a day or two and I will look it up in detail.

About what spare pins are we talking (connector no, pin no) so that I can determine the pin size, I remember there were two different pin sizes..

harald

GAMEOVER
November 25th, 2009, 07:55 AM
Mike @ EFI Connection has the Pins & Connectors in stock for the E38...:D

MN C5
November 25th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Super cool, now I can have DD timing and at the flip of a switch a Race Tune Timing Table.

Redline Motorsports
November 25th, 2009, 03:00 PM
How come I can't find V7.5.6.99? I have build 88 running........perfect by the way!:grin:

Was it a beta update? Been slacking on beta stuff but want to fool with the COS stuff.

Thanks

Howard

ScarabEpic22
November 25th, 2009, 05:48 PM
How come I can't find V7.5.6.99? I have build 88 running........perfect by the way!:grin:

Was it a beta update? Been slacking on beta stuff but want to fool with the COS stuff.

Thanks

Howard

Its in the information section, heres a link:
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=12014

You'll be good to go with that, unless you want to deal with LBZ/LMM DSPs and the new E38 COS stuff. Have to grab the appropriate files from their respective threads.:cheers:

GMPX
November 25th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Howard, you might be ok with build 88. We've made some important changes to accommodate the 2010 models, build 88 has the important stuff, the beta version has more.
There should be no problems using these COS files with build 88 should you rather not update to beta tuning software.

Cheers,
Ross

harascho
November 26th, 2009, 09:51 PM
As promised the detailed connector info of C1 and C2

I also have a .pdf (with 5MB too big to upload here) with all the connector pin descriptions. If anyone needs this just let me know I can email it.

Harald

v8vegaman
November 27th, 2009, 01:24 AM
The E38 connectors are Delphi.

the two E38 have the following part No: (sorry the T42 connector is also listed..)

Part Number, Description,
13511426 "80 Way Gray 0.64 Sealed Female Connector Assembly",

15463921 "49 Way Black GT 280 Micro 64 Sealed Female Connector Assembly"

15499466 "73 Way Black 0.64 2.8 Sealed Female Connector Assembly"

the different pins are:
quote above:

Hey guys, all of the information that I have found was that the E38 ecm connectors were made by MOLEX? When you did your E38, did you actually use DELPHI connectors?

harascho
November 27th, 2009, 06:38 AM
just copy the connector part No and paste them in the search box on the Delphi webpage... you will see the correct E38 connectors.

Harald

GAMEOVER
November 27th, 2009, 08:00 AM
Check this thread out for E38 connector views & pinouts....http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=11845

gmh308
November 27th, 2009, 10:13 PM
A few pics to show how the wire/terminal is added to the E38 body connector:

Body or J1/X1 Connector for E38 ECM. It is the 73 pin connector. Note the arrow to cavity 5. Most unused cavities have either a blue plug or a black plug that is molded as part of the connector. Cavity 5 has the molded in plug. The cavity is blocked with this plug.

E38/E67 .64 Series Terminal with wire

Flipside of connector - terminal side where it plugs in to ECM socket.

Small screwdriver is used to break the black molded in plug loose. Push on the edge of the plug alongside the cavity wall for best leverage. It should break loose without too much pressure if you push in the right place.

If your connector has the molded in black plugs, they need to be removed from the terminal area underneath the terminal seperator. Use a small screwdriver at each end of the seperator to leverage it out. Cable end:

gmh308
November 27th, 2009, 10:25 PM
Continued:

Leveraging the other end to the cable side out. The seperator needs a light push upward to unclip it at each end.

Terminal side view.

Look into cavity 5 for the molded in plug and remove it with a small tool. Though some connectors may have no plugs, and open seals, this is unlikely.

Terminal on the way in to the right cavity. Make sure it is oriented the right way around. There is an open section in the terminal which needs to engage a locking tang once pushed in.

Terminal all the way home on the connector side. Note a "click" when it is in the right place as the tang clicks in to the terminal.

gmh308
November 27th, 2009, 11:12 PM
Connector with terminal seperator re-installed. Only goes one way, with different sized tongues on each end, and the ground terminal.

E67 uses same connectors, but they only plug into an E67. Process is the same.

If you are in the land downunder, and cant find any E38/E67 terminals, we have single wires with terminals crimped on. PM me.

Trust this helps y'all.

Lennart
November 28th, 2009, 12:48 AM
Very insteresting update ! I wish all that info was available when I
was messing with that 07 Escalade to run on E85 about 2 years ago.

GAMEOVER
November 28th, 2009, 12:51 AM
Thats a cool step by step..:D

Redline Motorsports
November 28th, 2009, 12:59 AM
Nice job!

Howard

Black02SS
November 28th, 2009, 09:01 AM
If anyone wants to save the above information or print it out, I have created a PDF for the above diagrams and instructions.

joecar
November 28th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Nice thread, contains all the needed material...:cheers:... stickied.

GMPX
November 28th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Awesome Ian, thanks, I'll add them in to the tutorial.

gmh308
November 29th, 2009, 06:11 PM
You're all welcome guys. Thanks for the positive comments. Glad you like them and hope they help get this up and running. :) Great addition and some interesting possibilities come to mind. :)

GMPX
November 29th, 2009, 10:44 PM
I've put Ian's guide in to the 'official' tutorial, just re-download it from the link in my original post.

Highlander
November 30th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Thank you ROSS>.. JUST IN TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JAY4SPEED
November 30th, 2009, 08:05 PM
E67 custom OS to follow soon? This is just what I need for N2O on the TBSS!

GMPX
November 30th, 2009, 10:28 PM
Thank you ROSS>.. JUST IN TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Sorry, I should have given you a heads up it was coming for your 2006 after saying no a few months back.

E67 custom OS to follow soon? This is just what I need for N2O on the TBSS!Yeah, E67 will be done before the Christmas break. Not sure ALL E67 OS's will be done, there is even more of them than the E38, but any OS used by the GenIV will be done, unless grandpa wants nitrous on he's DeVille too then Northstar will be covered as well. Might be a good wind down to Christmas project for me to get them all done. :grin:

Cheers,
Ross

Highlander
December 1st, 2009, 08:11 AM
Ross, can you explain, why can't we change OS's freely like we could on LS1s?

ScarabEpic22
December 1st, 2009, 08:17 AM
Ross, can you explain, why can't we change OS's freely like we could on LS1s?

Pretty sure its because different platforms use different pins for different things. For example, I know on the E67 OS used in the TBSS there are significant wiring differences between it and the E67 OS used in the CTS-V. Different pins for injector outputs, cam sensors, grounds, etc.

From what Ive gathered over the years most (if not all) LS1 PCMs used the same outputs for all OSs, the different OSs contain information like truck vs car, f body vs y body, lean cruise down under, etc. This seems right in my head, can anyone else verify?

GMPX
December 1st, 2009, 09:18 AM
Ross, can you explain, why can't we change OS's freely like we could on LS1s?There is several problems. GM have changed the structure of an important part of the ECM that stores the VIN, theft codes, misfire learning etc 4 times since 2006. That area is never written to by EFILive (or TechII) so if you update to an OS that does not use the same structure then when the ECM reboots it will corrupt itself. This is also why GM now have 4 part numbers for the E38 so dealers must order and use the correct one. On the ACDelco parts website it even states "(E38 NO-START) 8.10.X SW LVL" meaning it's only for 2010 models.

Second problem, I am certain that between years the CAN messages change on platforms. So lets say in 2006 the HVAC or Radio was using single wire CAN or VPW, then in the 2008 model everything went to CAN, using a 2008 OS it will be looking for all the expected CAN modules (which don't exist on a 2006).

Unfortunately the cars and the software is way more complex than the good old LS1 platforms were.

The safest bet is to just check on the CalID site and see what the latest OS is for a particular car and use that.

Cheers,
Ross

GMPX
December 2nd, 2009, 04:39 PM
Update:
I've removed the files for the moment, we are updating them all to the same date to avoid confusion.
There will be E67 .calz files posted and a minor update to the 2010 E38 .calz files.
Expect everything to be posted within 24hrs of this post.

Cheers,
Ross

GMPX
December 3rd, 2009, 05:52 PM
Updates posted.

ScarabEpic22
December 3rd, 2009, 08:25 PM
Downloaded and extracted the .zip file correctly, I get the proper .calz date of 12-3-09 when I open my 08 TBSS E67 file. OS is 12618164, Cal is 12618163. But when I go to the Upgrade OS tab, it is blank... Just checked it with the included 2009_Holden_E38.tun file in the My Docs\V7.5\Bins with OS 12624402, there is a COS for it also but it doesnt appear in the Upgrade tab.

GMPX
December 3rd, 2009, 09:39 PM
Do you have the V2 plugged in when you start Tune? I added that in to the tutorial as a few people were getting caught out by that.
BTW, your OS is one of the ones that has been included in the E67 release.

ScarabEpic22
December 3rd, 2009, 10:29 PM
Do you have the V2 plugged in when you start Tune? I added that in to the tutorial as a few people were getting caught out by that.
BTW, your OS is one of the ones that has been included in the E67 release.

Ah, I didnt. Brain fart. Works great now, too bad I dont have a nitrous kit on the SS to test this nifty feature with. :( And I saw that the 8164 OS is included, sweet! Pretty sure ALL 2008 TBSSs have this OS if they've been to a dealer somewhat recently, bet that makes your life easier huh? :D

Highlander
December 18th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Is there going to be an update for this for recent parameters that were added?

Thanks

GMPX
December 19th, 2009, 10:15 AM
Not in this thread, they will come out with the next release.

Highlander
December 21st, 2009, 06:19 AM
are all these updates included in the dec 20 update? No need to redownload and recopy?

and.... what about some of the A/C tables I had requested?

GMPX
December 21st, 2009, 10:13 AM
If you need them desperately you could always add them in as a .cax

SRT10KLLR
January 4th, 2010, 04:06 PM
Anyone use this Beta yet?

gmh308
January 4th, 2010, 04:25 PM
Yes...works well! :)

SRT10KLLR
January 4th, 2010, 04:35 PM
Where did you get the pins/stuff to put in the PCM and how hard was it to install?

What are you running nitrous, F/I etc.? What vehicle?

gmh308
January 4th, 2010, 10:51 PM
Where did you get the pins/stuff to put in the PCM and how hard was it to install?

What are you running nitrous, F/I etc.? What vehicle?

Details on installation here:

http://forum.efilive.com/showpost.php?p=109628&postcount=15

Plus download the tutorial that appears in an earlier post in this thread. All details in there. Not difficult at all.

On terminals, where are you?

No gas. No FI. 08 Corvette powertrain.

Have used the COS to switch E85 in and out, plus select a different timing map and/or different fueling. So yes good for running some gas or FI.

Cheers. :cheers:

SRT10KLLR
January 5th, 2010, 03:33 AM
I am in southern California and looking to get this for adjusting timing/fuel on a 2010 Camaro with nitrous.

This is my first rodeo so any help would be appreciated.

Jimmy

JezzaB
January 23rd, 2010, 06:29 PM
Gave it a little try today. set the Ethanol table to -10deg and it pulls this nicely from the commanded spark but I noticed it wasnt changing to my commanded PE (ethanol) table and was only using the normal table.

Must of missed something. Ill keep looking.

Highlander
January 23rd, 2010, 07:31 PM
We need a 2-step for this.

gmh308
January 23rd, 2010, 09:55 PM
Gave it a little try today. set the Ethanol table to -10deg and it pulls this nicely from the commanded spark but I noticed it wasnt changing to my commanded PE (ethanol) table and was only using the normal table.

Must of missed something. Ill keep looking.

mmmm...never checked the PE table switchover.

GMPX
January 24th, 2010, 09:34 AM

Must of missed something. Ill keep looking.Can't think what you may have missed, but I know the PE switch over is working ok because these were tested on some LPG systems down here in Vic with different PE values in mind.

We need a 2-step for this.You must have not read the initial post:
Before you ask clause!!
No feature requests, these custom OS's have already proven in the field to be perfectly suited for the applications in mind.

Cheers,
Ross

Highlander
January 24th, 2010, 11:51 AM
I was NOT requesting :) jaja... Oh Ross... You always jump up with me :)

But a Custom OS which takes input from the clutch pedal would be great for WOT shifting... JAJAJAJA

SRT10KLLR
January 26th, 2010, 06:42 AM
Details on installation here:

http://forum.efilive.com/showpost.php?p=109628&postcount=15

Plus download the tutorial that appears in an earlier post in this thread. All details in there. Not difficult at all.

On terminals, where are you?

No gas. No FI. 08 Corvette powertrain.

Have used the COS to switch E85 in and out, plus select a different timing map and/or different fueling. So yes good for running some gas or FI.

Cheers. :cheers:I am in California. Do you have some terminals you could send me? Car is getting the engine installed this week along with the nitrous.

GAMEOVER
January 26th, 2010, 07:18 AM
Where in Cali are you? I'm on the California/Arizona border, i'll give you some E38 terminals for free...:D Got a bunch left over from building 2 harness's.
PM me....

gmh308
January 26th, 2010, 10:04 AM
All set ^^^^^^^^ :)

JezzaB
January 27th, 2010, 08:48 AM
Can't think what you may have missed, but I know the PE switch over is working ok because these were tested on some LPG systems down here in Vic with different PE values in mind.

Cheers,
Ross

Well after 4 hours and a bottle of NOS i can safetly say it doesnt work for me. Pulls spark in the Ethanol tables, Shows 85.1% in the E85R PID and wont flick over to the Ethanol PE Table.

Ive got the Stoich table set to 14.67 across the board. When it was set default, triggering the pin would make stoich at idle into the 9s (or what ever the 85% stoich was set to). I could change it this way but I should be able to set it to 14.67 and then just use the ethanol PE table.

COS 22633016

Cheers
Jez

GMPX
January 27th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Can't you test without wasting the NOS? Like make it trigger without the NOS on?

As a test why not set B3618 to 12.5:1 then set B3670 to 11.0:1 and give it a blast with the switch on and off, at least you should clearly see which table is it using.
B0145 plays an important role here as it blends the values of the two PE tables depending on the ethanol %, it must be set to 1.00 at the 80% cell.

Cheers,
Ross

JezzaB
January 27th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Can't you test without wasting the NOS? Like make it trigger without the NOS on?

As a test why not set B3618 to 12.5:1 then set B3670 to 11.0:1 and give it a blast with the switch on and off, at least you should clearly see which table is it using.
B0145 plays an important role here as it blends the values of the two PE tables depending on the ethanol %, it must be set to 1.00 at the 80% cell.

Cheers,
Ross

Nah i wasnt wasting the NOS :p I did it all in the main PE table (B3618). When triggered it wouldnt use B3670.

Now B0145. I havent set this to 1. I didnt see any mention of it. Ill give it a crack now.

GMPX
January 27th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Well, I've not seen B0145 set to anything but 1 at the 80% cell (except on the Northstar engine), this is why it's not mentioned in the tutorial, but, that doesn't mean someone didn't fiddle, or you have an odd one there with it zero'd from GM.

I'm not doubting you had issues, but how did you determine it wasn't using B3670? Did you try something similar to what I suggested?

Cheers,
Ross

JezzaB
January 27th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Well, I've not seen B0145 set to anything but 1 at the 80% cell (except on the Northstar engine), this is why it's not mentioned in the tutorial, but, that doesn't mean someone didn't fiddle, or you have an odd one there with it zero'd from GM.

I'm not doubting you had issues, but how did you determine it wasn't using B3670? Did you try something similar to what I suggested?

Cheers,
Ross

I tried exactly how you suggested Ross. Because I had already set it up as you would do with this kind of setup. When there is no NOS you run NA fueling AFRs and when you run FI/NOS you would run a seperate richer AFRs.

Interesting. Checking my standard tune it is how you say it should be but the tune I had setup for the COS it was blank. Anyway, i will change it back to the standard values. No doubt this will fix it.

Jez

GMPX
January 27th, 2010, 04:49 PM
Jezza, hopefully there is no more blank Ethanol tables in there, it seems the Northstar cal team had zero interest in ethanol, from memory that is the only factory cal series that to this day has the ethanol tables blank, all others seem to be set to go.

Cheers,
Ross

SRT10KLLR
March 20th, 2010, 05:44 AM
I finally got around to doing the wiring and wanted to confirm that Pin #5 was the correct one as the J1 connector pictured does not look the same as the one in the 2010 Camaro we are working on.

Also, the car has been getting tuned via HP Tuners and EFI Live both. Once I swap to the COS would I still be able to make changes via HPT?

Thanks, again to GAMEOVER for sending me the terminals needed to get this project done.

SRT10KLLR
March 20th, 2010, 10:02 AM
In the tutorial it says "You must have V7.5.6 build 99 or higher" but I also read it would be OK to use V7.5.5 build 88.

Howard, you might be ok with build 88. We've made some important changes to accommodate the 2010 models, build 88 has the important stuff, the beta version has more.
There should be no problems using these COS files with build 88 should you rather not update to beta tuning software.

Cheers,
Ross

The application we are going to use it on is a 2010 Camaro with nitrous. Can we use the current build 88 I am using?

GMPX
March 21st, 2010, 10:24 AM
I wouldn't, I don't recall the exact version number but we had to make a pretty important change to the E38 bootloaders for the 2010 models.
Not sure of your time frame on this car but we are trying to get a new full release out this week (we've done a few pre-releases), I would suggest waiting for the new version if you have time.

SRT10KLLR
March 21st, 2010, 10:55 AM
I wouldn't, I don't recall the exact version number but we had to make a pretty important change to the E38 bootloaders for the 2010 models.
Not sure of your time frame on this car but we are trying to get a new full release out this week (we've done a few pre-releases), I would suggest waiting for the new version if you have time.Too late.:shock::shock::shock:

Tried it last night on the street on the 200 shot with 10 degrees of timing pulled from the Ethanol table(B5114) and the engine could not handle it. It was still using full timing(28 degrees) and a piston let go. So much for the built L99.:damnit1:

j/k

I tried to upgrade but it was not listed in the the "Upgrade OS" tab.

Cal: 12635862

V7.5.5 Build 88

I think I need to upgrade the firmware on the V2 or something like that as mine is like 2 years old.

GMPX
March 21st, 2010, 11:06 AM
Well, might be best to wait for the next release, then at least you will have everything up to date for the 2010 models.

Cheers,
Ross

P.S - Sorry to hear about the engine.

SRT10KLLR
March 21st, 2010, 12:10 PM
When do you think the new release will be out?

I was joking about the engine letting go btw.

I reflashed the ECM for the nitrous runs. Here are videos of my runs on the 200 shot.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f165/SRT10KLLR/Camaro%20Vids/th_20100319002945.jpg (http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f165/SRT10KLLR/Camaro%20Vids/?action=view&current=20100319002945.flv)

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f165/SRT10KLLR/Camaro%20Vids/th_20100319004805.jpg (http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f165/SRT10KLLR/Camaro%20Vids/?action=view&current=20100319004805.flv)

Here is what the plugs looked like while tuning. A/F in the 10's.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f165/SRT10KLLR/Spark%20Plugs/Sparkplug200shot1.jpg

Fresh plug. Got the A/F to 11.5. Still a work in progress.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f165/SRT10KLLR/Spark%20Plugs/Sparkplug200shot4thrunNitroustune_2.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f165/SRT10KLLR/Spark%20Plugs/Sparkplug200shot4thrunNitroustune_1.jpg

GMPX
March 21st, 2010, 01:44 PM

Not sure of your time frame on this car but we are trying to get a new full release out this week (we've done a few pre-releases).

:grin:....

SRT10KLLR
March 21st, 2010, 01:50 PM
Sounds good.:)

Do you think that the COS I need was not available because my software version is not the latest or some other reason?

When the new full release comes out will I be able to use the new COS or am I doing something wrong? I followed the instructions on the first page and the tutorial.

GMPX
March 22nd, 2010, 12:39 PM
The custom OS's are defined in the .calz files, if they are old then the option to upgrade just won't show up.
The 2010 model COS's were finished back in Dec 2009 (not sure when they were released though), so if your software is older than that you won't see the option.

SRT10KLLR
April 13th, 2010, 04:18 AM
Not sure of your time frame on this car but we are trying to get a new full release out this week (we've done a few pre-releases), I would suggest waiting for the new version if you have time.Is the new version out yet?

ScarabEpic22
April 16th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Is the new version out yet?

Yes, download the latest release from the EFILive main downloads page EFILive latest downloads (http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=133)

Download the V7.5 and V8 stuff, update your V2 bootblock then firmware and be good to go. Im looking at my TBSS E67 file that I converted to COS, it has a *.calz build date of 25th March, 2010.

Highlander
July 22nd, 2010, 05:07 AM

I was joking about the engine letting go btw.

I reflashed the ECM for the nitrous runs. Here are videos of my runs on the 200 shot.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f165/SRT10KLLR/Camaro%20Vids/th_20100319002945.jpg (http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f165/SRT10KLLR/Camaro%20Vids/?action=view&current=20100319002945.flv)

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f165/SRT10KLLR/Camaro%20Vids/th_20100319004805.jpg (http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f165/SRT10KLLR/Camaro%20Vids/?action=view&current=20100319004805.flv)

Here is what the plugs looked like while tuning. A/F in the 10's.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f165/SRT10KLLR/Spark%20Plugs/Sparkplug200shot1.jpg

Fresh plug. Got the A/F to 11.5. Still a work in progress.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f165/SRT10KLLR/Spark%20Plugs/Sparkplug200shot4thrunNitroustune_2.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f165/SRT10KLLR/Spark%20Plugs/Sparkplug200shot4thrunNitroustune_1.jpg

Que mamao es ese comentarista... De donde eres??? Tiempo de trece segundos... o doce... jajajaja no tiene puta idea de como se ve un carro rapido.

Nice run... Car doesn't wheel spin much! Those maro's are heavy and a 130mph trap speed is REALLY nice.

GAMEOVER
July 22nd, 2010, 05:24 AM
[QUOTE=Highlander;126278]Que mamao es ese comentarista... De donde eres??? Tiempo de trece segundos... o doce... jajajaja no tiene puta idea de como se ve un carro rapido.

Orale, no seas malo!!!....jajaja

Highlander
July 22nd, 2010, 05:26 AM
No es ser malo.. mira lo duro que sale ese carro y de momento el tipo dice un carro de 13 segundos???? HELLO!!!!!

GAMEOVER
July 22nd, 2010, 05:34 AM
Si es sierto...

swingtan
July 22nd, 2010, 08:33 AM
No entiendo español!

BowlingSS
December 5th, 2010, 08:14 AM
Will this COS work with the 2011 Camaro L99?

Bill

SRT10KLLR
January 13th, 2011, 07:07 AM
Que mamao es ese comentarista... De donde eres??? Tiempo de trece segundos... o doce... jajajaja no tiene puta idea de como se ve un carro rapido.

Nice run... Car doesn't wheel spin much! Those maro's are heavy and a 130mph trap speed is REALLY nice.I think the announcer just dies not understand that RT has nothing to do with ET so when the RT was high he thought I would only do 13's or 12's when I ran 11.3 at 130mph.

Soy de Culiacan, Sinaloa.

If I use this beta will someone be able to read it later and make changes using HPT? I just want to be able to change shift points and minor things later. I use EFIL but my brothers tuner(1000 miles away in a different country) uses HPT.

GAMEOVER
January 13th, 2011, 07:16 AM
Orale....

GMPX
January 13th, 2011, 10:35 AM
If I use this beta will someone be able to read it later and make changes using HPT? I just want to be able to change shift points and minor things later. I use EFIL but my brothers tuner(1000 miles away in a different country) uses HPT.
No, it uses an EFILive specific OS number so we recognise it as a custom OS. HPT won't know what it is.

Highlander
July 12th, 2011, 07:02 PM
I am unable to see the option to turn this on. I might be trying to convert this again. Got a nice nitrous corvette...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy2Pt-7kmOw

This is against a 723whp (on a mustang dyno) Alpha 9 GTR.

GMPX
July 12th, 2011, 09:36 PM
Make sure your V2 is plugged in to the USB port when you start V7. Then look for the 'Upgrade OS' tab up the top.

L31Sleeper
January 3rd, 2012, 08:20 PM
Is there anything like this for the E40 ??

Thanx
-Justin

ScarabEpic22
January 3rd, 2012, 09:05 PM
There is a standard COS for boost available for the E40 (at least the Vette). Open up an E40 tune file with your V2 plugged in, click the Upgrade OS tab at the top, then click the COS upgrade and Apply the upgrade. Set the appropriate tables so they're not OOR, then full flash it.

L31Sleeper
January 4th, 2012, 04:18 AM
Well I pretty much have that part figured out, I'm trying to run N2O
on a E40 LS2.

GMPX
January 4th, 2012, 07:43 AM
In that case no, these was never any N20 type OS developed. Ahh, the E40, the ECM that nobody loves :wavetowel2:

joecar
January 4th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Your easiest route is to run a dry system in front of the MAF (the PCM sees extra airflow and so adds more fuel), you will need to modify the MAF, PE, and spark tables.

You will have to check and verify with someone who is regularly running nitrous on an E40.

L31Sleeper
January 4th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Well I apologize if this is the incorrect location for this discussion. The E40 Has Ethanol tables, is there a way to trigger them ?

Thanx
-Justin

GMPX
January 4th, 2012, 10:51 AM
I might be wrong, but from memory there was never any Flex Fuel cars using the E40, so I suspect although they are there GM maybe never ticked all the boxes to actually use them. As for triggering them, to do it the way we did on the E38/E67 custom OS was a modification to the OS itself, it's not a GM function.

ScarabEpic22
January 4th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Ahh, the E40, the ECM that nobody loves :wavetowel2:

I believe you forgot to mention the P10 in there too haha!

L31Sleeper, I would do either what joe mentioned or put a switch and relay on the IAT sensor. When you want to spray N2O, flip the switch, then press the spray button. Setup the lowest IAT tables to pull however much timing you want when spraying, basically using the IAT table as a spark modifier. As for fuel, not sure if you need to use a wet system or what, but thats how Id do spark.

GMPX
January 4th, 2012, 11:21 AM
I believe you forgot to mention the P10 in there too haha!
The what......oh yeah, best wheel chock ever made right there.

ChurchAutoTest
March 16th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Hi guys, we've been doing a lot of dual map E67 setups for late model CTS-Vs, but recently I had a customer come in with a very late 2012 model (T43 auto) which doesn't seem to be supported. The FAQ indicates we could back date to a 2010 calibration, but I'm very wary of doing so as we've had some customers come in with some issues when they've changed operating systems on either the tranny or the ECU to an older version.

Are there any plans to support the newer ECU files, or is backdating going to be the only way?

Thanks

GMPX
March 17th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Yes I can convert the 2012/13 OS's to support that function.
Last time I worked on them was April 2012, so I guess there has been a couple of newer OS's come out that have general support but no switching OS.
However, just looking at what OS's we have converted it was just the CTSV that missed out, the ZR1 & ZL1 2012 OS's got done.
I'll add it to the list, I need to regen all the E38 & E67 cals shortly so I'll include it with that.

Highlander
March 17th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Ross.. Sent you an email... I hope you include a lot of the other tables I requested.

Thanks

GMPX
March 18th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Mmm, I don't know Chris, I am pretty tied up with 2013 E78 & E39A mapping at the moment.

L31Sleeper
August 21st, 2013, 03:54 PM
I know there are no feature requests...........but a nitrous trigger would be really AWESOME !!!
Close a circuit to ground, activate on Throttle Position and an RPM window.
Back in the day you would just put a micro switch on the throttle linkage and a MSD RPM
window switch. Now that everything is drive by wire you have to get 5v activation box......
and where do you get a tach signal for the RPM box ??

Thanx
-Justin