PDA

View Full Version : Battery or fuel supply issue

Tre-Cool
November 29th, 2009, 01:47 AM
Hello Gents, just looking for feedback on what i think is either a power supply related issue or fuel supply problem.

Engine specs: Stock ls1 with 224/228 cam with 60lb injectors. manifold referenced regulator set at 70psi at idle, surgetank and bosch 044 feeding through factory fuel line setup as a deadhead.

Single turbo with a t51r garrett running 7.5psi and roughly 10~10.5 degrees timing at WOT and i target 12.2afr with my PLX m300.

Now the problem:
Everytime at 5200ish rpm i get a stumble on the road and on the dyno before the power either either holds flat or slowly builds to redline. Boost stays the same.

The VE table is also asking for alot of fuel from that 5200rpm onwards and thus I am seeing upto 1.82 g/cyl values in the attached logs. Yet my AFR is steady/accurate. (checked against dyno lambda sensor (allthough it said it was sub 0.8 lambda, but i have 0.83 as my target.)

Now what makes me suspect it's a power related issue is the car (commodore ute) is the battery has been relocated to the tray next the bosch pump and the car is often hard to start, like tired battery starting.

I've also found that anything less than 10 degrees of timing the car is lucky to break 400rwhp, found this out after adjusting the iat tables to stop too much timing from being pulled and went from 376rwhp to 466rwhp between runs.