PDA

View Full Version : DSP 5 not working

minytrker
November 29th, 2009, 05:54 PM
I have had DSP 2 & DSP 5 switches installed since the custom OS's came out. I could never get DSP 5 to work so the other day I pulled out the wheel well and verified the pins were in correctly. The DSP 2 I only am running one wire and grounding the other side of the switch, its been working for years and still works. My DSP 5 is wired per the efi instructions and it has never worked. Do I have a bad DSP 5 switxh? I bought it from one of the big diesel shops on the diesel place.

LBZoom
November 30th, 2009, 09:37 AM
When I was having trouble with a friend of mine's DSP 5 on his LB7, we physically had to pull the ecm connector back off and verify that one of the pins hadn't been shoved back out to the point of not making contact, sure enough the ground pin had not been inserted far enough in to catch and it got pushed back out just enough that it wouldn't ground. You can monitor the DSP switch in the scan tool to see if it's changing voltages/tunes, if it's not as you say I would try taking the ECM connector off and re-verify the pins are in place, or ground it the same way as the DSP 2 if it's possible although I'd say ECM may be the better option. Hope this helps!

minytrker
November 30th, 2009, 10:45 AM
When I was having trouble with a friend of mine's DSP 5 on his LB7, we physically had to pull the ecm connector back off and verify that one of the pins hadn't been shoved back out to the point of not making contact, sure enough the ground pin had not been inserted far enough in to catch and it got pushed back out just enough that it wouldn't ground. You can monitor the DSP switch in the scan tool to see if it's changing voltages/tunes, if it's not as you say I would try taking the ECM connector off and re-verify the pins are in place, or ground it the same way as the DSP 2 if it's possible although I'd say ECM may be the better option. Hope this helps!

The pins are 100% seated into the pcm. I just doubled checked and also had a friend check just to make sure. I have pinned 100's of pcms so Im not new to it but I know we all make mistakes so I pulled it apart and doubled checked.

ScarabEpic22
November 30th, 2009, 01:36 PM
Interesting, I did my first DSP5 install last friday, popped the ground and signal wires into the ECM connector on the 05 LLY, reconnected everything then flashed the DSP5 tune I built and went for a drive. Logged the DSP PIDs and I had all 5 tunes.

BlkMax
December 23rd, 2009, 08:02 PM
The pins are 100% seated into the pcm. I just doubled checked and also had a friend check just to make sure. I have pinned 100's of pcms so Im not new to it but I know we all make mistakes so I pulled it apart and doubled checked.

I know this may sound simple, but is the actual DSP5 switch working? Are the resistances (voltages) correct with what is programmed into the tune? Another issue may be a bad wire in the harness.

Have you tried checking the wires between the switch and the pins with an ohm meter?

SGFastMax
February 5th, 2010, 04:14 PM
I know this may sound simple, but is the actual DSP5 switch working? Are the resistances (voltages) correct with what is programmed into the tune? Another issue may be a bad wire in the harness.

Have you tried checking the wires between the switch and the pins with an ohm meter?

i just had this problem. i installed one on my buddies truck and unlike the lbz dsp5 tune, you have to manually enter the voltages into the tune.

dpc
February 6th, 2010, 02:48 AM
This is a very basic question but I had to ask. Is you DSP5 switchtype set to hardwired? This is also my first post, hope you get it fixed.

GMPX
February 7th, 2010, 10:28 AM
The scripts provided with the software should populate the DSP5 tunes with the correct switching voltages.
Lorenz, try logging the DSP5 switch voltage in the scantool, if you can't see it switching then that would explain why the tunes are working. The PID just shows the switch voltage as measured at the ECM.

MRCapps
February 26th, 2010, 10:11 AM
The scripts provided with the software should populate the DSP5 tunes with the correct switching voltages.
Lorenz, try logging the DSP5 switch voltage in the scantool, if you can't see it switching then that would explain why the tunes are working. The PID just shows the switch voltage as measured at the ECM.

sorry, but huh? :confused:

vortecfcar
March 9th, 2010, 09:22 AM
It's probably a bad switch. Use a multimeter to probe the wires or take the pins out and compare the resistance of the switch positions to the LB7/LLY tutorial page 14. This is of course, assuming your DSP5_Tune_DMA PID shows no switching.

Nick