PDA

View Full Version : Tuning B2201,B5401 Help please....

WHYTRYZ06
November 29th, 2009, 09:25 PM
OK if i enable B2201, and set B5401 to my desired RPM will this work on my 2001 corvette z06? Id rather use these tables than B3303, to set my RPM limiter...

B2201 and B5401 uses ETC to enable rev limit.... ( want to use )

B3303 uses fuel cut-off to enable rev limit.... ( dont want to use )

I have a nitrous car (dry shot useing cos5) and i perfer not to use fuel cutoff to limit my revs just incase the tranny (4l60e) slips at the track during a WOT run...

so is it possible? anyone done it before?

thanks...

WHYTRYZ06
November 30th, 2009, 12:48 PM
anyone?

joecar
November 30th, 2009, 03:50 PM
WhyTryZO6,

That sounds good to me, I agree you don't want to cut fuel while spraying...

I don't know anyone who has tried B2201 and B5401.

WHYTRYZ06
November 30th, 2009, 08:52 PM
WhyTryZO6,

That sounds good to me, I agree you don't want to cut fuel while spraying...

I don't know anyone who has tried B2201 and B5401.

Hey joe,

i tried to call u today for some :help2: but no answer...

ill try again today...

joecar
December 1st, 2009, 05:48 AM
I was off work yesterday, I'll call you today... :)

WHYTRYZ06
December 1st, 2009, 11:06 AM
anyone? besides joe and i? lol

joecar
December 1st, 2009, 12:04 PM
Bump.

Has anyone tried this (using ETC to limit engine speed rather than the fuel cutoff limiter)...?

5.7ute
December 1st, 2009, 01:23 PM
I dont believe it will work for the nitrous over rev scenario without a nitrous controller in the system. Regardless of the throttle blade position, with the nitrous flowing plenty of oxygen will still make it into the cylinders.
Using something like the FJO mini nitrous controller set up for throttle voltage WOT switching would work. But if you had one of these you wouldnt really need to worry about the fuel cut rev limiter.

WHYTRYZ06
December 1st, 2009, 07:54 PM
I dont believe it will work for the nitrous over rev scenario without a nitrous controller in the system. Regardless of the throttle blade position, with the nitrous flowing plenty of oxygen will still make it into the cylinders.
Using something like the FJO mini nitrous controller set up for throttle voltage WOT switching would work. But if you had one of these you wouldnt really need to worry about the fuel cut rev limiter.

As long as im not cutting fuel, i should be ok... even tho nitrous is still flowing in the intake so is the fuel,,,,thus the reason for the question....

5.7ute
December 1st, 2009, 08:28 PM
As long as im not cutting fuel, i should be ok... even tho nitrous is still flowing in the intake so is the fuel,,,,thus the reason for the question....

Yes, I understand what you are trying to achieve, just throwing out some issues you may come across.
The other thing to think about is what will the pcm think if TP is reduced & engine speed doesnt drop due to the nitrous supplying oxygen. It may just hit a P1514 code, mightsense a complete failure & go into some other mode.
Hopefully someone can chime in with a definitive answer for you.

WHYTRYZ06
December 2nd, 2009, 07:38 PM
i guess ill just haveto try it and find out