PDA

View Full Version : Checking/Monitoring injector performance?

chad231
November 30th, 2009, 03:57 AM
I am getting some rough idle and white smoke on occasion when stopping at, for example, a light in trafffic. I am concerned this may be the beginning of a problem with my injectors and would like to know if there is a way to check the balance for any issues with EFI?

Thanks,

Chad

05 GMC CC3500 LB SRW, Modded Volant intake, BD manifold, Diamond Eye down pipe, muffler & cat delete, 6" miter cut stack, Edge Attitude as monitor only, EFI Live with McRat Programming, PCV reroute, 6" lift, 35" Mickey Thompson M/T's tires (M & H Drag Radials on the way), Stage IV trans by Mike L., Mag-Hytec Diff cover, Cognito Tie-rods, Autometer gauges, Firestone airbags with in cab controls. Running on B100 home brew bio-diesel processed in Springboard Bio-diesel B-190.
www.chadreitan.com

LBZoom
November 30th, 2009, 09:31 AM
Hey there,
You'll need to use the scan tool and select the PID's for all 8 cylinders called "balancing fuel flow rate." I believe they should all be within + or - 4 or better. My dad's LB7 had an issue and we were able to trace it to the #3 cylinder with EFI live, t had a balance rate of 4.5