PDA

View Full Version : New Guy with TCC Issue

OldGreg
November 30th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Hey Guys! I'm looking for some help with a Trailblazer SS. I just recently installed an RPM Level 5 Transmission with a 3400 Stall. Here is my issue. The truck runs awesome, shifts great, hauls butt, but the torque converter will only lock up once after a flash and never lock up again after that. After being puzzled as to why it would only do it once I got a GM Tech 2 and commanded TCC lock up and it locks up everytime and unlocks every time I command it as well. So its got to be something I need to play with in EFILive. I have the mph set so anywhere above 50mph and it should lock it. Where do I need to be looking and what do I need to change to cure this issue?? Thanks in advance.

ChipsByAl
November 30th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Misfires will inhibit the TCC lockup. Make sure there are none. Post up your file from the T42 for more advise.
Al

ScarabEpic22
November 30th, 2009, 01:36 PM
Post your TCM file and Ill have a look. RPM I believe wants the line pressures and TM settings left stock as they take care of it all mechanically but you should ask whoever you bought your converter from what they say to do with the tune.

joecar
November 30th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Log TCCMODE and MFTOTAL, in addition to usual pids.

OldGreg
November 30th, 2009, 03:21 PM
I'll take a look at it in a little bit. I should say this is a E67 ecu and T42 TCU. Will I still be able to log those because I can't log tstates.