PDA

View Full Version : looking for EFI LIVE for LMM

garys08slt
December 1st, 2009, 03:04 AM
Hey I'm new. I herd that efi was the mack daddy.So with that said I need to know what I need. Let me start by want I want "if possible".
1 EFI Live
2 some kind of switch for different tunes not just one
a tow/haul tune about 13000 lb trailer
a fuel efficiently tire saving ,rain driving, for the wife tune
a mild race tune to dust the average ricer
a extreme race tune to lay down some serious 1/4 mile times
all with a dpf delete
If this is possible how do I do a switch it? Can I do it on the fly or do I have to shut the truck of ? Or What?
3 Who is a good vendor that can build all the tunes and has a good customer service.I've been on some diesel forums and have an Idea on two guys but was looking for some opinions and recommendations on who if any
I would like to be able to log and tinker in the future with it but for now its over my head am I asking to much? What are my options ? I would like to know What I need before I bug a vendor and have some kind of knowledge and not waste anyones time

garys08slt
December 1st, 2009, 03:25 AM
^^^ I currently have a edge w/attitude.Can that stay on the truck at stock setting for the gauges

ScarabEpic22
December 1st, 2009, 08:55 AM
You can leave your Edge box on, I would remove it when flashing your ECM/TCM though.

The DPF delete is easy to tune out. If you're running that much power, hope you have a built trans because I limped a stock 5spd Alli with a mild 60hp tune going into 5th...

You can now have a DSP5 on the LMM motor, so thats 5 custom tunes. You'll have to either buy each tune from a vendor or learn to build your own, no tunes are given out when you buy EFILive. Remember, EFILive is a tool, not an end user product like Edge w/Attitude or a Banks product is. The results are superior however.

Ive heard a lot about McRat Racing, Duramaxtuner.com, and many more, there is a list on here if you do a quick search for diesel tuners they should pop up.

I tuned an 05 LLY last friday with DSP5, first time ever playing with the Dmax and DSPs, got it all up and running with little problems. A stock tune, a tow tune from SoCal Diesel (another good choice), and a little 60hp tune off Diesel Place for economy and a little ummph when stomping on the gas. So only 3 tunes, but thats all he wanted for now. Makes a big difference, we limped his stock trans with the 60hp tune going into 5th (hear its a common weakness in the Alli 1000 5spds) so before he's going to beat on it again he's going to have his trans checked out.

EDIT: Ross's reseller list is superior to anything I can remember offhand, Id start by giving a few vendors a call and seeing how their pricing, support, etc is.

GMPX
December 1st, 2009, 08:57 AM
You are in luck, we just released a 5 position switching tune option for the LMM using an in cab switch.
As for the best vendor, I can't be biased there, but most of our resellers who are Diesel focused can provide you with either EFILive and a starter tune or if you think self tuning is not for you they could probably just sell you an ECM and a switch for your tunes.
Just check our reseller list here (http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=38&Itemid=94):

Cheers,
Ross

garys08slt
December 2nd, 2009, 04:05 PM
Yea I looked at the resellers list and I seen one of the guys on their from other diesel forums but was trying to see if someone had first experience on anyone that they would point out and recommend more than others. Just because they sell it dose not mean they would be the first choice for most.

MMLMM
December 2nd, 2009, 06:00 PM
:welcome:

If you would like to give me a call @ 702-498-3643 Id be happy to talk to you about tuning, options, pricing and answer any questions you may have.

Mike
MM Diesel Performance

ringram
December 3rd, 2009, 04:16 AM
SoCal are also good ;)