PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing ?

Anonymous
October 27th, 2005, 02:17 PM
I was looking on the spare parts page and I wanted to know if I buy all the parts (falshscan cable, usb cable, install CD,flashscan interface, terminal 02 and Ad, thermocouple and one license all totaling $438.00
Won't I be able to do everything the the personal scan and tune set that cost $699.00 with the exception of tuning one more vehicle ?

Black02SS
October 27th, 2005, 02:49 PM
My guess is you have to allready have a valid serial number in order to get a replacement.

Anonymous
October 27th, 2005, 03:42 PM
I don't think you need a serial number, you can just select "new" in that field and order it all.
So it looks like yes, unless someone can show how its not so.

wait4me
October 27th, 2005, 04:01 PM
You have to send in the damaged cable i think in order to get the replacement parts. You cant just buy replacement parts and put together package like that.

Blacky
October 27th, 2005, 09:10 PM
I was looking on the spare parts page and I wanted to know if I buy all the parts (falshscan cable, usb cable, install CD,flashscan interface, terminal 02 and Ad, thermocouple and one license all totaling $438.00
Won't I be able to do everything the the personal scan and tune set that cost $699.00 with the exception of tuning one more vehicle ?

You must also account for the software license, which is:
Personal: $400
Commercial: $550
Which is why there is a price difference between Personal and Commercial.

The software license includes:
- OBDII scanning of all supported vehicles.
- Reading of all supported vehicles.
- Reflashing up to 2 vehicles.
- Free software upgrades for life.
- Free custom operating systems.
- Support from EFILive

The software license, while being almost intangible (only printed on a piece of card) represent the real value in the EFILive package. The software contains 90% of our blood sweat and tears and has cost a great many R&D dollars to get it to this point. AND we will be spending a great deal more R&D to advance the product far into the future - all the while you will be reaping the benefits as part of your original software license purchase.

We want our customers to know that their investment in the software license represents value for money, hence the free upgrades, free custom operating systems and the ability to read and edit (just not flash) every single one of our supported vehicles. I don't believe any other comparable product offers those features, free like EFILive.

Its cheaper to buy the package at $699 or $849, plus as was pointed out the $299 price for the interface cable is only for replacement of a damaged unit that is no longer covered by warranty. They are not sold without a software license.

Regards
Paul