PDA

View Full Version : AFR at cruise?

W_D_R
December 2nd, 2009, 04:26 PM
I have been watching my AFR since I recieve my serial cable TAQuickness and noticed that when cruising at 70mph in OD my afr is ~13.8-14.3. That seems to be a little rich and curious what I need to do to lean it out. New to tuning and just finished my first AutoVE of the truck. Truck is a 97 2dr yukon with a 383, marine intake, mild cam and 0411.

Wes

odd boy
December 2nd, 2009, 10:17 PM
first of all, you need to log the following:

AFR vs RPM vs Map

Timing

ECT

IAT

Trims if you still use them

W_D_R
December 4th, 2009, 01:00 AM
How do you log afr vs rpm vs map? Thanks

odd boy
December 4th, 2009, 02:10 AM
Can you connect the WB to efilive?

W_D_R
December 4th, 2009, 02:23 PM
yes

Supercharged111
December 7th, 2009, 06:32 AM
Before I ever touched fuel I went through the ignition map and cleaned it up. Then I finally got off my ass and got autoVE working with a TAQuickness cable which was awesome. To date I've only done my original 2 rounds of autoVE but they each had a good 30 minutes of data and I hit every cell I wanted to enough times. Honestly, the second round did almost nothing, the first round pretty much got it right on 14.7:1 at that particular IAT. Now that it's cold, the truck hangs more around 14.0-14.2 at cruise which is still leaner than it was stock. Putsing around town in the summer time gets me 16.XX:1 AFR's which totally kills the performance, that's why I bought a 411 but I've been too busy with my other 2 projects to get on this one. Since you've got the 411, once you get the autoVE right just remember the IAT it was right at because you might have to screw with IAT correction factors or that dreaded IAT/ECT blend table.