PDA

View Full Version : GM.EQUIVRATIO PID = 'commanded EQR'?

Mr. P.
December 3rd, 2009, 09:53 AM
Studying PIDs today I found GM.EQUIVRATIO, is this the commanded EQ the PCM uses? Is it the same as taking 14.68 and dividing by the GM.AFR PID?

Mr. P. :)

joecar
December 3rd, 2009, 10:18 AM
Yes, that is correct.

Mr. P.
December 3rd, 2009, 10:38 AM
F'n awesome - I think I'm starting to get the hang of this!

gmh308
December 3rd, 2009, 11:24 PM
Oddly enough though GM EQ_Ratio reads in lambda. :)

joecar
December 4th, 2009, 07:39 AM
Oddly enough though GM EQ_Ratio reads in lambda. :)For LS1 the EQIVRATIO pid reads in EQR, see my log file in this thread: http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=12465

And all my recent log files show EQIVRATIO matching the tables in my calibration file...

Ian, do you see this with E38 and/or E67 (the pid is named something like EQ_RATIO, i.e. differently than LS1 pid name)...? Post some log files.

gmh308
December 4th, 2009, 09:01 AM
For LS1 the EQIVRATIO pid reads in EQR, see my log file in this thread: http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=12465

And all my recent log files show EQIVRATIO matching the tables in my calibration file...

Ian, do you see this with E38 and/or E67 (the pid is named something like EQ_RATIO, i.e. differently than LS1 pid name)...? Post some log files.

Heh heh. I would post a log file, but EQ_Ratio (actual name) does not make it in to the log files for some reason with BBL. Its on the list of things to fix i believe. :)

And yes, on E38 at least, and given E67 is almost an E38 in a different box (or vice versa) then probably that too.

At startup it is down around 0.2, heads up towards 1 pre closed loop during warm up, and then 1.000 at CL. Also up to 1.1-1.2 if the CL tables are set for lean run. And if PE is set for 0.83, then under PE it is 0.83

And it matches the OL tables and cranking fuel, and another scanner (Dashdaq) reads the same for EQ ratio.

:)

joecar
December 4th, 2009, 09:50 AM
You know, I remember seeing something about the SAE defining EQ_Ratio in units of Lambda...

I vaguely remember Paul talking about this when he was trying to get the units right.

gmh308
December 4th, 2009, 10:02 AM
You know, I remember seeing something about the SAE defining EQ_Ratio in units of Lambda...

I vaguely remember Paul talking about this when he was trying to get the units right.

Yah Paul ordered the up to date SAE standard from memory. Seems maybe SAE had made an error in an earlier edition. Though my recollection could be the reciprocal of a recriprocal of something reversed. :doh2:

swingtan
December 4th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Ahh, yes. Standards that are not quite "standard"........

I still remember stressing for 3 months over the B0141-4 table definition "standard" from GM.....

You could always make a CALC_PID using the existing pids. I know I've done that for one or 2 things as a sanity check.

Simon