PDA

View Full Version : COS-3 Can I Temporarily Enable LTFT?

Steve Bryant
December 6th, 2009, 06:33 PM
I have been running COS-3 since about 2005 (specifically OS 001270003) and I've been fooling around with the IAT compensation {A0014} lately. I'm also not satisified with my Main VE Table nor Commanded Fuel vs RPM {B3649}. I am going to be making about a 3,000 mile trip in the next few weeks and I just thought that I'd go back to closed loop until I get back and then I'll play with these things.

1. Can I simply enable LTFT by setting Closed Loop Temp Enable back to a reasonable ECT for normal operation (I'm thinking about 71 degrees C/160 degrees F)?

2. Do I need to do anything else?

Thanks,

Steve

joecar
December 6th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Steve,

1. you need to set B3801 to Enable and B4205 to the stock temperature curve.

2. nothing else that I can think of.

With the COS you can still run closed loop and/or MAF if you wish.

Steve Bryant
December 7th, 2009, 01:58 AM
Thanks for the quick response Joe. I am running with MAF enabled. I'll make the changes and let you know how things turn out in a few weeks. It's actually kind of exciting to get my head back into tuning after a lapse of about four years. I was very involved with EFILive back in the 2004-2005 time frame as a beta tester, but I haven't kept up for a few years.

Thanks again!

Steve

joecar
December 7th, 2009, 05:20 AM
Les us know how you go.

Steve Bryant
December 7th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Joe,
Enabling LTFT and re-establishing the original values in {B4205} really did the trick. I feel much more comfortable making the trip! I think that one thing that really does a number on a vehicle in a climate like Kansas is the big temperature swings. I established the VE table when the ambient temperature was 90° - 100° F and now it is 20° F. Thats a big difference!

Thanks so much,

Steve