PDA

View Full Version : Wasnt sure how hard EFI was???

cjms
December 11th, 2009, 04:59 PM
I have pretty much give up on purchasing EFI. You guys said it was easy, hell I'm having problems with the practice session. I tried to set up the evaluation and I did it like the directions and it kept saying it was an invalid key. I think 800 might be to much to spend to find out I'll regret it later. Any help will be greatly appreciated I'm open to suggestions :confused:

Tordne
December 11th, 2009, 06:11 PM
If you haven't purchased yet what key are you expecting to enter to register?

Aloicious
December 11th, 2009, 06:13 PM
I have pretty much give up on purchasing EFI. You guys said it was easy, hell I'm having problems with the practice session. I tried to set up the evaluation and I did it like the directions and it kept saying it was an invalid key. I think 800 might be to much to spend to find out I'll regret it later. Any help will be greatly appreciated I'm open to suggestions :confused:

key? what directions are you referring to? the software you download is the actual program, so its expecting you to put in the cable's serial # and other information to use it. before you buy it, its basically just to play with and examine how the software works. try just hitting cancel or something if it asks for a serial # or key # or something, then go to holdencrazy.com and download some tunes to look at, you can see the tables that are used, see how they are altered, etc, etc. and see how you like the actual program.

cjms
December 11th, 2009, 06:28 PM
I was refering to the EFI Live V4 evaluation, I was under impression you could use this to tinker with loaded tunes to practice on. I clicked on the section for a free evaluation license but it would not accept it.

Tordne
December 11th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Moved to correct section of forum.

Tordne
December 11th, 2009, 06:36 PM
The details must be entered exactly as they are show on the eval license (same case). Do not enter any details not show as this will cause the license to be invalid.

This product is also not a tuning tool, it is only an OBDI/ALDL data logger/scanner.

Aloicious
December 11th, 2009, 06:59 PM
I was refering to the EFI Live V4 evaluation, I was under impression you could use this to tinker with loaded tunes to practice on. I clicked on the section for a free evaluation license but it would not accept it.

my mistake, I thought you were talking about 7.5