PDA

View Full Version : intermitant wbo2 on laptop

All-Star
December 12th, 2009, 07:22 AM
i have an NGK AFX and i have been having issues getting the data to my laptop. I do have AD1 external input PID selected and the V2 is reading the correct voltage in the external data screen, but the voltage reading on the scan software is showing 0V. When i first conected my PCM to the scan software is was working properly. During reading calibration on Tune Tool i had connection error, saying no signal from PCM check if ignition is on, ect. i ussually can disconnect and reconnect USB cable from V2 to Laptop and connection issue is resolved. However after doing so lost WBo2 signal at laptop. Tried rebooting AFX no luck. Do i have an issue with my USB ports? any help would be appreciated... thanks :confused:

All-Star
December 12th, 2009, 07:38 AM
just tried discon & reconnecting OBDII cable from V2 and voltage is now displayed on scan tool. is there a certain way i should or shouldnt connect to & from V2 or PCM? just trying to avoid this confusion later... thanks

joecar
December 12th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Try ctrl-OK on the V2 keypad.

Or try ignition on first, then connect car to V2, then connect V2 to laptop, then start the software.

Post some screenshots and/or pics of this.

Also try a different USB cable.

Also check the wideband analog wiring, tug on it gently to be sure it is securely connected.